Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/19/2014 10:54:22 PM EDT
List of Planned Protests

Looks like Greensboro, Raleigh, Chapel Hill, Durham, and Rocky Mount have protests planned if the grand jury doesn't indict.
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 12:14:50 PM EDT
[#1]

I guess the FSA needs something to do while moral monday protests are not going on
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 1:13:23 PM EDT
[#2]
I saw Greenville, NC not Greensboro.

The only people I could possibly see looking at that website besides those of us that click on this thread are college kids and the tards that protest everything they can try to slap a right wing label on.
I don't expect too much unrest from a bunch of brats living off their parents and student loans, and old people that want to feel relevant.

The people everyone wants to respond and get angry outside MO and maybe the STL suburbs in IL largely don't care, the events in Missouri are so far removed from their bubble. The media and all the civil rights groups clamoring for something to happen seem not to have caught on to just how self absorbed society is, relentlessly broadcasting this stuff just makes it less significant. All it'll generate in the end is some youtube and liveleak sound bites of some idiot yelling something along the lines of, "don't Michael Brown me" when confronted by the police.
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 3:47:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Not worried.
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 10:16:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
List of Planned Protests

Looks like Greensboro, Raleigh, Chapel Hill, Durham, and Rocky Mount have protests planned if the grand jury doesn't indict.
View Quote

No Fayetteville?
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 11:20:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Surprised CLT isn't on the list.
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 11:29:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Fayetteville would be interesting to see go to s***, Moose Butlers constituency would have a field day looting the Skibo road walmart

Link Posted: 11/21/2014 1:57:41 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 10:15:43 PM EDT
[#8]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I saw Greenville, NC not Greensboro.

View Quote
Greensboro is on there.  At the Governmental Plaza on S. Green Street.

Link Posted: 11/22/2014 6:12:23 PM EDT
[#9]
And you folks just re-elected this douche bag.  I can't believe a sitting Congressman would or could get away with saying something like this.  Part of your possible "protests" will have been fueled by your own representative.  http://gotnews.com/congressional-black-caucus-leader-threatens-ferguson-grand-jury/
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 7:00:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
And you folks just re-elected this douche bag.  I can't believe a sitting Congressman would or could get away with saying something like this.  Part of your possible "protests" will have been fueled by your own representative.  http://gotnews.com/congressional-black-caucus-leader-threatens-ferguson-grand-jury/
View Quote

The CBC is irrelevant.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 8:49:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

Settle down there hammer, he doesn't represent my district, I didn't elect him or get to vote against him. We don't all hail from states with just one rep. in the house.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 9:25:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
List of Planned Protests

View Quote

... and not a single protester will miss work.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 9:39:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
And you folks just re-elected this douche bag.
View Quote

Can you say "gerrymandered district"?  Fortunately not my district.

Gerrymander index score: 96.01 (#5 in the nation)

Link Posted: 11/22/2014 10:27:37 PM EDT
[#14]
I could see Gboro getting roudy but that's about the only one. Tell Chapel Hill that Darren Wilson leaked the academic scandal and they'll join in too.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 12:36:15 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Settle down there hammer, he doesn't represent my district, I didn't elect him or get to vote against him. We don't all hail from states with just one rep. in the house.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's my Representative.  I cast my ballot against him but unfortunately our district is gerrymandered to ensure a Democrat will always win.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 11:56:53 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-apps/imrs.php?src=http://img.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/files/2014/05/districts-06.png&w=1484
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
And you folks just re-elected this douche bag.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-apps/imrs.php?src=http://img.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/files/2014/05/districts-06.png&w=1484

Ok, my bad.  You guys got hosed big time.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 4:59:02 PM EDT
[#17]
That Tumblr page is crap. There's currently 17 cities expecting to see protests and Charlotte is certainly one of them
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 11:09:41 AM EDT
[#18]
I haven't looked hard, anything happen outside MO?
I think 90% of the officers that came in last night made some mention of the possibility.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 5:06:50 PM EDT
[#19]

I see where Barber the head of NC naacp and moral mondays is on his way to Fergusen to stir the pot.
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 1:00:14 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Fayetteville would be interesting to see go to s***, Moose Butlers constituency would have a field day looting the Skibo road walmart  
View Quote
Fayetteville would be interesting. No shortage of dipshit hood rats, but a lot more very well-trained, well-equipped highly experienced people (several generations worth in fact) not inclined to put up with a whole lot of bullshit from a bunch of entitlement monkeys.
Link Posted: 12/1/2014 6:03:28 AM EDT
[#21]
... Barber the head of NC naacp and moral mondays is on his way to Ferguson to stir the pot.
View Quote

Yep. this is all planned, choreographed, and "staged." It's a freakin' media "event.:"

I fault the local police chiefs, Sheriff, and politicians for letting things get outta hand. How can hundreds break the law, burn, loot, and assault with no consequences?

Here in Ohio, we found out the vast majority of these "protesters" here in Ohio were flown in from Chicago or parts unknown (and PAID $$$ to boot). When asked by a local tv reporter what they were "protesting," they said they didn't know!!!!

I used to work and stayed in Western NC for a time. Love NC. People are "salt of the earth," no-nonsense folks, short on "carpetbaggers" and outsiders raising hell in their own neck 'o the woods for no good reason.

More proof: Communists Infiltrate Feguson "Protests"

All I can say for these  phony professional agitators masquerading as "protesters" is to give them some advice: don't go messing in NC--things will not go well for you.
Link Posted: 12/1/2014 11:29:11 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 12/1/2014 12:17:54 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
It is exactly like the anti-fracking crowd.

Ever wonder where the anti-fracking organization, signs and $$$ are coming from?

Turns out RUSSIA is financing the anti-fracking organizations because they don't want the competition for their natural gas.
View Quote

Do you have a link to this information.  Since I am up the road in Lee Co. this would be good stuff to know since there are a lot of treehugger types here.
Link Posted: 12/1/2014 11:01:25 PM EDT
[#24]
Do you have a link to this information.  Since I am up the road in Lee Co. this would be good stuff to know since there are a lot of treehugger types here.
View Quote

I had a business meeting with a lady and her husband.  They have a small horse spread and are ACTIVE in the anti-fracking movement in Lee County.  They had maps, flyers, signs, mail-outs etc.  I think I blew their mind with this statement:

"Have you considered that by doing the exploration that gas prices will be driven down without any fracking happening?  I mean, Russia, Venezuela, and the Middle Eastern producers are running scared trying to drop their prices.  If we stop opposing fracking, prices will come down and nobody will frack.  Ever thought that these things might just work themselves out?"

I went on to explain the economics of how expensive fracking is vs. just buying the oil.  Right now, OPEC et. al. are trying to figure out how much they can sell the stuff for to keep us from developing our oil reserves through modern methods.
Link Posted: 12/8/2014 2:07:27 PM EDT
[#25]
Anyone get caught up in the protests Friday night in Durham? Read on wral that they found an unlit molotov cocktail
Link Posted: 12/8/2014 3:45:21 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Anyone get caught up in the protests Friday night in Durham? Read on wral that they found an unlit molotov cocktail
View Quote

nope heard nothing about it. Where in Durham? the usual places?
http://www.wral.com/durham-police-find-explosive-device-near-area-of-protests/14251779/

uh oh the DPAC  that puts a real damper into Durahm's money. No wonder the cops shut it down hard. Durham has poured millions in that area to make to nice enough and safe enough for people to see a show, eat at the restaurants and have a nice night out on the town.  

Durham DEFINITELY does not want ANYONE messing around there, the last thing they need is some BS astroturf "protest."
Link Posted: 12/11/2014 8:08:32 PM EDT
[#27]
Fayettenam on Saturday.  Avoid the mall area.  Take your Christmas shopping elsewhere.  Besides the temporary dirt nap, they are doing some dumb protest around the roads.  Supposed to go Walmart, down Skibo, down Morganton, up McPherson Church.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top