Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/15/2014 11:04:09 PM EDT
years of perfect driving, then in one year get 2 tickets. The first was back in May &  I disliked but kinda understood though it was excessive.

Tonight however was infuriating enough, I should just tear it up & say come get me.

By the officers own admission on the ticket it was light traffic. It was dark out & the 35mph sign was either non-existant or too dark to see. I was keeping up with the flow of traffic, keeping more than adequate distance between me & the car ahead.

Then he tries to tell me he's not the bad guy because it was so lowly over that he was going to make it a non-moving violation.

I seriously may tear it up & ignore it. But failing that, what are my options for getting it dismissed? Ticket is $15 but the court cost is like $188 for a total of $203.

I have a busted water heater, and numerous other things way higher on the list than funding these Stasi clowns.

If there isn't an accident, keep your damn car/lights off you government goon.
Link Posted: 11/16/2014 12:02:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
years of perfect driving, then in one year get 2 tickets. The first was back in May &  I disliked but kinda understood though it was excessive.

Tonight however was infuriating enough, I should just tear it up & say come get me.

By the officers own admission on the ticket it was light traffic. It was dark out & the 35mph sign was either non-existant or too dark to see. I was keeping up with the flow of traffic, keeping more than adequate distance between me & the car ahead.

Then he tries to tell me he's not the bad guy because it was so lowly over that he was going to make it a non-moving violation.

I seriously may tear it up & ignore it. But failing that, what are my options for getting it dismissed? Ticket is $15 but the court cost is like $188 for a total of $203.

I have a busted water heater, and numerous other things way higher on the list than funding these Stasi clowns.

View Quote

Goto court and prove your  case of no speed limit sign or a sign that was not able to be seen and try to beat the ticket.
Link Posted: 11/16/2014 12:36:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/16/2014 2:50:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Goto court and prove your  case of no speed limit sign or a sign that was not able to be seen and try to beat the ticket.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:

good luck with this...

State law written in general statute is unless otherwise posted all municipal speed limits are 35 mph, and outside municipal is 55.

otherwise posted are the key words.
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 1:39:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Funds from tickets tend to go to the general fund for the state not the agency that wrote you the citation
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 8:37:11 PM EDT
[#5]
You could always ask if they have a community service program. And just work off the fine that way. The blessing in disguise of course is that it doesn't sound like this will go on your driving record so you're insurance company won't bone you for the next decade if your under 25 or so
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 2:05:39 PM EDT
[#6]
By WS do you mean Winston-Salem? I wholeheartedly agree that everyone should boycott the area, patronizing it just lets the city council believe they've done well.

Our cops pretty much don't do traffic, excepting the MC cops on the 52 and occasionally B40, unless there's been some complaints about traffic from the constituents, a special event, or they live in the area, the majority seem to reside out of town though. Were there by chance two officers in the car? They recently graduated a class that's FT'ing right now, and FTOs gotta keep the rookies entertained somehow.

Otherwise my suspicion would be you were either doing considerably more than the limit, pacing traffic doesn't matter if you're the unlucky one, there may be signs down (useful for court), but there are no dark signs, just inattentive drivers, option B there was something else about you that got their attention and the speed was PC.

Uniform car or unmarked Charger/Tahoe? Get the car number? Just curious, can't actually help.

Go to court, give the officer something to do besides sit in the hall and get paid. Sounds like you already got the deal an attorney would so likely not much that can be done.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top