Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/19/2014 4:59:36 PM EDT
The Panthers have had a disappointing season so far and it doesn't look like it's going to get better.  

I think it's time Jerry Richardson spends some money on this team to finally give us a winner.

What do you gentlemen think?
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 9:07:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Get rid of Scam Newton.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 9:41:26 AM EDT
[#2]
For the most part, we have no offensive line.  Granted, they did surprisingly better against Cincinnati, still, they need help.

We've got a big QB who over throws the ball, and but now we've got big wide receiver who can catch those over thrown balls.  Now we need another decent wide receiver to take the heat off Benjamin.

DeAngelo Williams and Jonathan Stewart both have got to go.  Stewart stays hurt, Williams isn't any healthier or better and is getting old.  We need young, strong RB's.

Cam Newton's not going anywhere.  Not for awhile anyway.  They proved that when they let Steve Smith go.

And what about the holes in the defense secondary?

So where do you start?

Link Posted: 10/20/2014 1:08:07 PM EDT
[#3]
It's not Newton.  He is a good football player, and if he had an O line worth its weight he would have the protection to make less hurried, more accurate throws.  I think that Gettleman made a mess of the roster with all of the cuts in the off-season.  While I think last year's record was fluke--the proverbial unicorn--that team DID have a chemistry and stability.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 5:06:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It's not Newton.  He is a good football player, and if he had an O line worth its weight he would have the protection to make less hurried, more accurate throws.  I think that Gettleman made a mess of the roster with all of the cuts in the off-season.  While I think last year's record was fluke--the proverbial unicorn--that team DID have a chemistry and stability.
View Quote

I'm a Bama fan which is why I said that about Cam.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 6:06:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh, OK.  Context is everything. :)
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 12:01:58 AM EDT
[#6]
They have to get some bad contracts off the books first. Namely D-Williams and Jonathan Stewart. Even then they still won't be able to spend a ton because they will have to extend both Cam and Luke in the near future.

As others have mentioned, the O-line and the secondary are both dumpster fires. They also aren't getting any pass rush which makes the secondary look that much worse. Losing Hardy hurt because he is strong against the run and pass.

I have a feeling next years draft will be all O-line, secondary and maybe 1 receiver. Hopefully they will get some compensatory picks for some of the free agents they lost. (Steve Smith, Lafell, Mike Mitchell)

They may make the playoffs this year with a 7-9 record just because the NFCS sucks so bad.

Edited: I should have said 7-8-1. Forgot about the tie.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 12:18:18 PM EDT
[#7]
In case you hadn't heard, Charles Godfrey was let go yesterday.  Subpar play was cited.  I guess that $4 million dollar pay cut didn't matter in the end.  This probably should have happened sooner.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top