BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 1:02:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I have been listening to Sean Haugh's videos on his website.  You are voting for an ultra-liberal loon.  Open borders, really, is that what you want.  He won't let a gun into his home or car but, insists he will defend my rights to do so - bullshit.  Anti-Israel, pro-abortion, pie-in-the-sky anti-war, supports the Moral Mondays idiots...  No thanks.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I am voting pro-gun and AGAINST both Tillis and Hagan.  My candidate lost in the primary.  Libertarian for me. Sean Haugh has more scruples in his nose hair than both candidates combined have in their testicles.  Think about it.

I have been listening to Sean Haugh's videos on his website.  You are voting for an ultra-liberal loon.  Open borders, really, is that what you want.  He won't let a gun into his home or car but, insists he will defend my rights to do so - bullshit.  Anti-Israel, pro-abortion, pie-in-the-sky anti-war, supports the Moral Mondays idiots...  No thanks.

Libertarians....Have good ideas. but in order for them to work there is a lot of ground work.

Open borders  Sure when we stop gallivanting all over the world pissing people off (rightly or wrongly some are pissed)  and we get rid of the  Welfare state, so that the ones who come here do so for opportunities to grab the OAR and PULL THEIR WEIGHT. until then,,,,NO.

The whole gun thing... too wishy washy...

Anti Isreal? why?

Abortion... I'm sure  he said its legal in  and a personal liberty issue. and it is.  Even though it state sponsered murder. Ultinately its between the person and God, I don't expect it going to go well for them.

I don't support the Moral monday guys but ya know they have a right to protest. So you don't have to listen to the moron monday crowd, but...

So they are simply not viable and have no influence over anything. I don't expect that to change.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 3:02:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I would have gladly voted for Dr Brannon.

The GOPe RINOs bank rolled Tillis down our throats.
View Quote

This...so sick of this shit and slimy Karl Rove.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 3:55:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Voted today.

Really wish there was a way I could log that into AT&T and DirecTV so the ads would stop.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 7:29:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Yep, I'm sick of it myself. Just wish we could eliminate the:

He did / She did

and deal strictly with

I do, I don't, I will, I won't

Then we'd have to rely on our own memories of promises made/kept and not misinformation pushed down our throats from someone who is trying to rewrite history. Heard on the radio today that this was the dirtiest senate campaign happening this election. Makes me real proud to be from North Carolina.
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 1:53:56 AM EDT
[#5]
My feeling is if you dont vote you dont have a right to complain as to what gets elected  

View Quote

Errrrr, of course you do ... First Amendment.
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 2:26:13 AM EDT
[#6]
http://www.politico.com/p/polls/latest/latest/north-carolina

Nohing has changed Tillis is inside margin or error and Libertarin polls more than he is behind.
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 12:18:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 12:24:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 12:28:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 12:31:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 1:06:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Sent in my absentee ballot today and Hagan wasn't on it.  One thing that was that I haven't heard anyone talk about was the NC Constitutional Amendment that provides that a person accused of any criminal offense for which the state is not seeking death sentence may in writing waive the person's right to a trail by jury.

CD
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 1:12:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Sent in my absentee ballot today and Hagan wasn't on it.  One thing that was that I haven't heard anyone talk about was the NC Constitutional Amendment that provides that a person accused of any criminal offense for which the state is not seeking death sentence may in writing waive the person's right to a trail by jury.
View Quote

I read this as meaning that somebody can voluntarily opt for a trial by judge.  Judges are often more lenient on defendants in certain types of cases.  I do not see this as anything significant to anything I care about.  So long as the right to a trial by jury is still intact, I see no issues.
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 7:04:27 PM EDT
[#13]
I voted early on Saturday (my wife did too).   That's 2 votes against Hagan....for what it's worth.

How come early voting in Johnston and Wake County was 9:30a to 1pm Saturday while DURHAM was 9-5 Saturday???
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 9:14:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I voted early on Saturday (my wife did too).   That's 2 votes against Hagan....for what it's worth.

How come early voting in Johnston and Wake County was 9:30a to 1pm Saturday while DURHAM was 9-5 Saturday???
View Quote

Racism.
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 9:44:02 AM EDT
[#15]
You must be new to NC.

google Harvey Gantt vs Jesse Helms.

It is the standard by witch modern mud slinging campaigns are judged, or aspire to.
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 10:53:12 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I cannot answer this because I did not ask him.  I wish I had.

Because North Carolina isn't Texas.  Neither Ted Cruz or Rand Paul could get elected in NC.

This is absolutely NOT TRUE.  Are you saying that "we" saw NOTHING of IMPORT(ance) FROM HIM IN THE NC HOUSE?  We saw TONS of important things from him in the eight years he was in the NC house, only four of which the Rs were the majority.  I have outlined them earlier in this thread.  

And, based upon his career, I am pretty sure he has all of the $$$ he needs and that he came about them honestly.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
I cannot answer this because I did not ask him.  I wish I had.

Quoted:

Its true, he didn't exactly use his power and position to advance anything pro-gun in the state. He could have. but he didn't. I don't know if it because he is am anti or just ambivalent, or doing calculus for his Senate run.

Because North Carolina isn't Texas.  Neither Ted Cruz or Rand Paul could get elected in NC.

Regardless he is noTed cruz. Hell he not even Rand Paul

This is absolutely NOT TRUE.  Are you saying that "we" saw NOTHING of IMPORT(ance) FROM HIM IN THE NC HOUSE?  We saw TONS of important things from him in the eight years he was in the NC house, only four of which the Rs were the majority.  I have outlined them earlier in this thread.  

And, based upon his career, I am pretty sure he has all of the $$$ he needs and that he came about them honestly.

Quoted:

We will see NOTHING of IMPORT FROM HIM IN THE SENATE. He 'll be a nice steady vote for wahtever he id told to do, and cash his checks all the way and become a millionaire

you miss the point completely.

When it came to pro firearms legislation in the house. He did not put his weight behind any of it. In fact he worked to make it as difficult of a road as possble.  I've no idea why he would do what he did. I don't know if he is  an anti, or just does not care about the  2nd, or if in his mental calculations pertaining to his Senate run if he felt that was the best thing to do. Personally I think that this is it. He wanted the issue gone before he ran, How it was gone did not matter to him. He just wnted to try to have as light as a touch as possible so it could not be connected to him.

We know Republicans at the FEDERAL level are pretty squishy on the 2nd, Since Rove et al was guiding him (and he definitely made promises to them) I sure it helped him to be ambivalent. because Rove et. al are.
The reason why I said he is no Rand Paul or Ted Cruz. is because those are out spoken Senators who are SHAKING THINGS UP.  No way in hell Tillis will join them.

Tillis is going to do what Burr and Hagan have done. He going to dig in and sit on the bench quietly doing what he is told to do for  the next couple decades. Collect his checks and become a millionaire. If he is one already he'll just become a Multimillionaire.

I predict that we will see very little from him, and he will be a constant worry to us all because he pretty much stands for nothing.

I certainly don't see Tillis tellin Feinstein where to head in. (for example)
I do see him glad handing and getting buddy buddy with McStain and his ilk, and avoiding Mike Lee, Cruz, and Paul.

Tillis is  Arsenic

Hagan is Strychnine

Liberatarian guy is  a waste of time.  No one pays any attention to Libertarians at all. You may as well not vote because in reality that is what you are doing. No cares what they think nor what their supporters think and the GOP has shown pretty clearly that they don't mind losing elections because of it. A Libertarian vote simply dos not matter to anyone in any way shape or form except libertarians..

Pick one.
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 11:12:16 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Why does everyone keep saying this?

Does he have the support of Carl Rove?  You bet, and I am glad, because the support of Rove, the Chamber of Commerce and the Koch (sp?) Brothers comes 10s of millions of dollars to counter the $50,000,000 the Demoncraps are putting behind Hagan.  

Also, having the support of Rove is NOT mutually exclusive of having the support of conservatives/libertarians.  Ever hear of a coalition?  The Demoncraps sure have.  Are you aware that Tillis has the endorsement of Senators Rand Paul (who you mention) and Senator Thune?

Did the "GOP RINOs bank rolled Tillis down out throats"?  Hardly.  He engineered the R takeover of the NC house and was the Speaker of the House in NC for the past four years.  Are you saying that Rove engineered the takeover and his ascension as speaker of the house?  No, Tillis earned that and executed extraordinarily well.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Why does everyone keep saying this?

Does he have the support of Carl Rove?  You bet, and I am glad, because the support of Rove, the Chamber of Commerce and the Koch (sp?) Brothers comes 10s of millions of dollars to counter the $50,000,000 the Demoncraps are putting behind Hagan.  

Also, having the support of Rove is NOT mutually exclusive of having the support of conservatives/libertarians.  Ever hear of a coalition?  The Demoncraps sure have.  Are you aware that Tillis has the endorsement of Senators Rand Paul (who you mention) and Senator Thune?

Did the "GOP RINOs bank rolled Tillis down out throats"?  Hardly.  He engineered the R takeover of the NC house and was the Speaker of the House in NC for the past four years.  Are you saying that Rove engineered the takeover and his ascension as speaker of the house?  No, Tillis earned that and executed extraordinarily well.  

Quoted:
Quoted:
I would have gladly voted for Dr Brannon.

The GOPe RINOs bank rolled Tillis down our throats.

This...so sick of this shit and slimy Karl Rove.

There is a big difference between Sate level republicans and the "thing htat is a republican in DC. Tillis is joining that club. All the money comes with strings attached.
the country needs people who are going to burn down the Senate and get Washington to listen. Tillis is not going to do any of it. That why brannon would have been better. He would have at least tried to shake things up. Tillis nope.

We'll see.
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 11:13:55 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Yep.  That is what happened in VA.  IT is the Demoncrap's playbook:

• Bankroll Libertarian candidate.
  • Demonize Republican candidate.
  • Win by the Libertarian siphoning off votes.
VA now has a Clinton stooge as governor and radical liberal as Attorney General when Cuchenelli (the R candidate for Governor) is a solid conservative.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Yep.  That is what happened in VA.  IT is the Demoncrap's playbook:

• Bankroll Libertarian candidate.
  • Demonize Republican candidate.
  • Win by the Libertarian siphoning off votes.
VA now has a Clinton stooge as governor and radical liberal as Attorney General when Cuchenelli (the R candidate for Governor) is a solid conservative.

Quoted:
http://www.politico.com/p/polls/latest/latest/north-carolina

Nohing has changed Tillis is inside margin or error and Libertarian polls more than he is behind.

I fully expect that Tillis will lose. and we will have Hagan in the senate for the remainder of her life.

In VA I've no idea why the Republicans did not support  "their man" except because he was not really "their (bought and paid for )man.
Unlike Tillis who definitely is.

Ironically, the man in VA was was, in fact, who the voters wanted, which even more ironically the establishment Republicans (Rove et. al.) did not so they SCREWED HIM and CHOSE TO LOSE an election they would have won if the decided to show up. Rather than have someone who would not be 100% in lock step with their agenda. Get it. They would rather lose than bring in someone who may upset things.

So much for having a voice in the party!. Did you guys know that the Republican party pulled funding from the Virgina  group because of the whole thing?

Anyone who sees that (we all did) and thinks you going to show the Republicans, or teach then a lesson buy voting like this (so they lose the election) is not thinking clearly. In VA the Republican CHOSE TO THROW AN ELECTION because "their guy" was not in it.  They will do the same here. If you don't vote for Tillis they don't care, simple as that. If they lose because "prinicpled" conservatives decided to vote li or stay home, matters not a whit to them.

By voting Libertarian or (fill in the blank) you are not teaching them, or guiding them anywhere or anyplace. Because you simply do not exist for them. They don't see you. So the moral prinicled lessons you are givne to them is useless. They don't care, they have no interest and more than happy to lose elecetions or even throw them to  keep their"thing" the way they want it.

Any way. Here's to Hagan's victory! Because if people think anyone pays attention to Libertarian, protest votes, or not voting at all.

They don't. you are doing nothing except probably bringing in what you don't want by trying to teach the unteachable,unwilling republicans a lesson. In fact they are not in the "classroom" at all you mat as well just talk to a fence post.

Link Posted: 10/27/2014 6:05:51 PM EDT
[#19]
http://www.politico.com/p/polls
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 10:02:57 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

You might as well just vote for Hagan then since Sean is going to cost Tillis  the votes needed to win. The primary vote was the time to vote for your candidate now is the time to make sure that Hagan doesn't get reelected. I don't like Tillis either but he is better than Hagan and Sean doesn't stand a chance.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I am voting pro-gun and AGAINST both Tillis and Hagan.  My candidate lost in the primary.  Libertarian for me. Sean Haugh has more scruples in his nose hair than both candidates combined have in their testicles.  Think about it.

You might as well just vote for Hagan then since Sean is going to cost Tillis  the votes needed to win. The primary vote was the time to vote for your candidate now is the time to make sure that Hagan doesn't get reelected. I don't like Tillis either but he is better than Hagan and Sean doesn't stand a chance.

This is how dems have been winning
Conservatives voting for libertarian just splits the vote
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 10:59:05 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Really?  So, voting for a bad man is your solution?  How do we break the two-party system?  BTW, you didn't read the entire thread, you just stopped at something you disagreed with and sounded off.  Well, how the F*** do you suggest we vote if the Republicans are just as anti-gun as the dems?  Tillis continually uses the anti's language such as "Reasonable".   Read the rest of the thread and pull that hammer back to full cock. Maybe I should just write-in Greg Brannon like my Daughter is?  Would that be splitting the vote too?  The solution is for the F****** RINOs to move to the right and pull the Libertarians and tea-partiers back into the fold.

Edited...VA-gunnut

Link Posted: 10/31/2014 5:46:14 AM EDT
[#22]
I cast my vote for Tillis yesterday.

Don't kid yourself folks a vote for Libertarian is a waste of a vote, you get nothing for it.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 6:06:09 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

It is fuzzy math though.  You presume that it is possible that EVERYBODY voting for the third party candidate would instead have voted for the Republicrat.  In truth, many of those votes are mistakes or 'anti-votes'.  Somebody who likes NEITHER mainstream candidate.  Many of those votes are anarchists, pot smokers, doves, fascists, etc. who would NEVER have voted Republican.  In the end, you can't 'give' those votes to the Republican.

I see the Libertarian party as a wake-up call to the Republicans that they have gone too far left in their beliefs in search of RINO endorsements, money, and votes.  The RINO's should stop courting the left and bring the Right back into the fold.  You see it with the Tea Party and the Libertarian movements.  These movements aren't there because they hate the conservative movement, they are there because the Republican party has lost its collective mind on compromising with the [edited for common decency] we have in office today. The RINO's pander to the ultra-liberal media, are inept at using social media, and take most of their money from big business.  Tillis is falling in rank with the RINO's.  He needs to walk around a few Gun Shows and shake hands.  He needs to stop doing the Anti-Gunners' jobs for them.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
A vote  for a libertarian  is a vote for Hagan.

Seriously, the math just doesn't work out on this one.  A vote for HAGAN is a vote for Hagan.  If you vote Libertarian, it does not effect the other two candidates any differently than if you vote for neither of the other two candidates.  What it DOES do is give the Libertarian party a boost and nibbles away at the two-party system that has served us so poorly for 200 some-odd years.

It is hard to say if it does or not.  We won't actually know till after the election.  As you pointed out earlier the pols are ran by Dems so who knows what the current numbers really are.  I voted for the libertarian candidate Munger, back in 2008, over MCcrory.  Perdue won.  now by the numbers my vote did not change the results.  And even if everyone that voted for the Libertarian had voted For McCrory Perdue still would have won.  I don't know if I regret voting for the Libertarian, but I will Say that Since McCrory Got elected I do regret not voting for him, Since he has proven to be much better for the State then Perdue could have dreamed of being.

I agree Tillis is far from Perfect and he has a few things I don't understand either his vote or his statement on.  Both of which you mentioned.  But I do not find him to be anywhere near the "gun grabbing liberal" that he gets labeled as.  

I will also say this.  I have been disgusted by some Brannon supporters.  I have been accused of being as a bad as a pedophile for voting for Tillis over Brannon in the primary.  That is not Brannon's fault, but I have been disgusted by it none the less.

It is fuzzy math though.  You presume that it is possible that EVERYBODY voting for the third party candidate would instead have voted for the Republicrat.  In truth, many of those votes are mistakes or 'anti-votes'.  Somebody who likes NEITHER mainstream candidate.  Many of those votes are anarchists, pot smokers, doves, fascists, etc. who would NEVER have voted Republican.  In the end, you can't 'give' those votes to the Republican.

I see the Libertarian party as a wake-up call to the Republicans that they have gone too far left in their beliefs in search of RINO endorsements, money, and votes.  The RINO's should stop courting the left and bring the Right back into the fold.  You see it with the Tea Party and the Libertarian movements.  These movements aren't there because they hate the conservative movement, they are there because the Republican party has lost its collective mind on compromising with the [edited for common decency] we have in office today. The RINO's pander to the ultra-liberal media, are inept at using social media, and take most of their money from big business.  Tillis is falling in rank with the RINO's.  He needs to walk around a few Gun Shows and shake hands.  He needs to stop doing the Anti-Gunners' jobs for them.

Yes it is fuzzy math.

But where have I presumed that everybody voting third party would have voted for the R?  I specifically pointed out that in 2008, that the numbers were irrelevant for the third party candidate because even IF everyone who voted for Munger would have instead voted for McCrory, there would not been enough to over come the lead that Purdue had.  Realistically of the 2.88% that voted for Munger, there is no way all 121,584 votes would have gone for McCrory.

Personally I find Tillis to be more ambivalent to the 2nd then an anti. Not that I approve of that, but I am aware of the difference.

You mention the Tea Party, which I have tried to support.  but Rene Ellmers was voted in on a Tea party platform and so far she has pissed me off more then she has made me happy.  The one consolation was she deposed Bob Ethridge.  But now she is running against Clay Aiken.  Whose claim to understanding the electorate is American Idol.  But Ellmers made herself look like an idiot in the one debate I saw.  I have read enough from across the country about a lot of these Tea Party Candidates basically turning their backs on the reasons they were elected.  So just because someone says they are going to do something once elected does not mean they will.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 8:46:17 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Really?  So, voting for a bad man is your solution?  How do we break the two-party system?  BTW, you didn't read the entire thread, you just stopped at something you disagreed with and sounded off.  Well, how the FUCK do you suggest we vote if the Republicans are just as anti-gun as the dems?  Tillis continually uses the anti's language such as "Reasonable".   Read the rest of the thread and pull that hammer back to full cock. Maybe I should just write-in Greg Brannon like my Daughter is?  Would that be splitting the vote too?  The solution is for the FUCKING RINOs to move to the right and pull the Libertarians and tea-partiers back into the fold.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Really?  So, voting for a bad man is your solution?  How do we break the two-party system?  BTW, you didn't read the entire thread, you just stopped at something you disagreed with and sounded off.  Well, how the FUCK do you suggest we vote if the Republicans are just as anti-gun as the dems?  Tillis continually uses the anti's language such as "Reasonable".   Read the rest of the thread and pull that hammer back to full cock. Maybe I should just write-in Greg Brannon like my Daughter is?  Would that be splitting the vote too?  The solution is for the FUCKING RINOs to move to the right and pull the Libertarians and tea-partiers back into the fold.

Breaking the  two party system involves a lot more than electing a third party Senator. In fact its quite likely that Haugh is more liberal than Hagan ( I certainly think he is) and he would probably caucus with the Democrats. Because he going to have to "conference" with some one since he is alone
Breaking the two party system is a 50 state thing, Its more than electing one Senator, which in reality will do nothing. You have to amend all the election law of a ll 50 states to  allow them to get on the ballot, and then we not started with FEC crap at the federal level. You also need to end the "winner take all: electoral vote BS as well and have them properly apportioned.

I used to be a "screw em third party guy," Still am to some degree  but I am realizing that I am wasting my time. Third party voters are not paid attention to at all. So any "lessons"  are irrelevant..  It a huge problem and the D and Rs have pretty much got it wrapped up. There will never be a viable third party in the USA again.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 10:24:19 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Yes it is fuzzy math.

But where have I presumed that everybody voting third party would have voted for the R?  I specifically pointed out that in 2008, that the numbers were irrelevant for the third party candidate because even IF everyone who voted for Munger would have instead voted for McCrory, there would not been enough to over come the lead that Purdue had.  Realistically of the 2.88% that voted for Munger, there is no way all 121,584 votes would have gone for McCrory.

Personally I find Tillis to be more ambivalent to the 2nd then an anti. Not that I approve of that, but I am aware of the difference.

You mention the Tea Party, which I have tried to support.  but Rene Ellmers was voted in on a Tea party platform and so far she has pissed me off more then she has made me happy.  The one consolation was she deposed Bob Ethridge.  But now she is running against Clay Aiken.  Whose claim to understanding the electorate is American Idol.  But Ellmers made herself look like an idiot in the one debate I saw.  I have read enough from across the country about a lot of these Tea Party Candidates basically turning their backs on the reasons they were elected.  So just because someone says they are going to do something once elected does not mean they will.
View Quote

I am looking at this election as a broad philosophical battle rather than a candidate-centric one.  The Tea Party would not exist were the RINO's acting like Republicans.  The Democrats are a strong and unified front with clear views on the issues.  They are anti-gun, pro-abortion, anti-religion, pro-Socialism, anti-democracy, pro-gay, anti-white, pro-tax, anti-business, etc.

The Republicans, on the other hand, are not focused in their beliefs.  You have the Bible-thumpers, the Tea Partiers, the Wall Street apologists, the anarchists, etc.  These individual factions tend to caucus on and off with the democrats.  Tillis seems to be very much a big business shill who is likely to DO WHAT HE IS TOLD for at least the first six years.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 12:59:26 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I am looking at this election as a broad philosophical battle rather than a candidate-centric one.  The Tea Party would not exist were the RINO's acting like Republicans.  The Democrats are a strong and unified front with clear views on the issues.  They are anti-gun, pro-abortion, anti-religion, pro-Socialism, anti-democracy, pro-gay, anti-white, pro-tax, anti-business, etc.

The Republicans, on the other hand, are not focused in their beliefs.  You have the Bible-thumpers, the Tea Partiers, the Wall Street apologists, the anarchists, etc.  These individual factions tend to caucus on and off with the democrats.  Tillis seems to be very much a big business shill who is likely to DO WHAT HE IS TOLD for at least the first six years.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yes it is fuzzy math.

I basicaly said that. Tillis will do as he is told. Just like Hagan and just like Burr. I supppose the difference in in WHAT they are told to do. Only on the margins do the Ds and Rs differ .
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 8:28:36 PM EDT
[#27]
http://www.politico.com/story/2014/10/iowa-north-carolina-senate-races-2014-elections-112387.html?hp=l3
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 10:29:05 PM EDT
[#28]
Id vote for the devil him self over hagen..

I went on Thursday and cast my ballot. Fuck kay hagen.
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 10:51:16 PM EDT
[#29]
It ain't looking good. Wife and I cast our votes against Hag-en, but polls aren't in our favor at the moment.
Link Posted: 11/3/2014 7:08:24 PM EDT
[#30]
Tomorrow, I will be at the polls voting for TIllis bright and early as will my wife.  I was able to convince at least 8 more for Tillis.

I am even hopeful that Butterfield(D) may get beat and Rich (R) elected in the 1st Congressional District.

Based on their email alert, GRNC is endorsing Tillis now.
Link Posted: 11/3/2014 7:34:22 PM EDT
[#31]
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLTHt3NRJDg&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]
Link Posted: 11/3/2014 8:29:59 PM EDT
[#32]
Thought it was worth posting this from GRNC in it's entirety:

Gun Rights Supporters:

Have you ever heard this? “It doesn’t matter if I vote. The big money already has the election in the bag.” Even money says you’ve heard a gun owner give some variation of the “my vote doesn’t count anyways” excuse for not voting. Maybe you’ve even said it yourself.

They are wrong. The GRNC Political Victory Fund installed a sitting congressman, on his first run, by 86 votes. You heard it right: 86 votes. Numerous legislative races in North Carolina have been decided by less than 100 votes.

According to the most recent poll, incumbent Democrat Kay Hagan leads Republican challenger Thom Tillis in the race for US Senate by less than 1%. I’m not here to sing the praises of Thom Tillis. (I guarantee he hates me a lot more than he hates you.) But like it or not (and like him or not), a half dozen races – including ours – will determine whether Barack Obama and Harry Reid continue to control the Senate. If they win, I assure you we will lose.

I don’t want to hear your excuses…

If you have already voted, I thank you. If not, there is absolutely not excuse for failing to do so. Frankly, I don’t give a damn what your reasons are. It’s just too important. In Congress last year, we narrowly beat back federal gun control. In the General Assembly, we managed huge gains. What do both have in common?

Winning the previous election. In 2012, GRNC helped make North Carolina the only battleground state to repel the Obama political machine. Thanks to your vote, we installed super majorities in both the NC House and Senate, took the Governor’s mansion, the Lt. Governor’s race, and control of the NC Supreme Court. We sent conservatives to congress in 8 out of 13 seats.

Our wins at both state and federal levels resulted entirely from our 2012 election victory. But if you don’t get out and vote; if we don’t win this election, the resulting backslide could easily take us back to the dark days of 1994, when anti-gun forces passed the Brady Act, the so-called “assault weapon” ban, and very nearly, the far more draconian “Brady II.”

And forget the crap about “there’s not a dime’s worth of difference between them.” If you stick to that one, you might end up apologizing to friends because “Congressman Clay Aiken” hails from your state.

Get out and vote!

‘But I don’t know who to vote for’

You have no excuses there either. As in previous elections, GRNC has done some of the most sophisticated candidate evaluations in the country.
• For candidate recommendations, CLICK HERE or go to: http://www.grnc.org/grnc-pvf/grnc-pvf-alertsupdates/701-grnc-pvf-alert-10-15-14-2014-candidate-recommendations
• For full candidate evaluations, CLICK HERE or go to: http://www.grnc.org/remember-in-november/grnc-candidate-evaluations-2014
• To help the GRNC Political Victory Fund make victory possible, please CLICK HERE or go to: http://www.grnc.org/grnc-pvf/donate-to-grnc-pvf

Don’t forget judicial candidates!

This year, we have an unprecedented 4 contested NC Supreme Court races, and 4 statewide races for the NC Court of Appeals – including one in which anti-gun activist Lucy Noble Inman is leading over the far better candidate, Bill Southern.

GRNC-PVF recommends the following judicial candidates:

Supreme Court (Chief Justice): Mark Martin
Supreme Court (Martin seat): Bob Hunter
Supreme Court (Hudson seat): Eric Levinson
Supreme Court (Beasley seat): Mike Robinson
Court of Appeals (Martin seat): Marion Warren
Court of Appeals (Hunter seat): Bill Southern
Court of Appeals (Stroud seat): Donna Stroud
Court of Appeals (Davis seat): Paul Holcombe

It’s up to you now…

The volunteers of GRNC and GRNC-PVF have done their part by:

• Distributing 150,000 “Remember in November” voter guides, including mailing nearly 100,000 directly to gun voters;
• Mailing 41,000 postcard election alerts into selected focus districts;
• Mailing 40,000 Judicial Fairness Project candidate recommendations;
• Sending hundreds of thousands of emails, including district-specific email alerts into 21 races;
• Sending 115,000 automated phone alerts into 5 races; and
• Ran $10,000 in radio spots in the state’s two largest cities.

So now it’s up to you. Vote like your rights depend on it…because they do.

Armatissimi e liberissimi,

F. Paul Valone
President, Grass Roots North Carolina
View Quote
Link Posted: 11/3/2014 8:50:21 PM EDT
[#33]
The GRNC recommendations on the judgeships were helpful. I don't know any of these characters other than their bios. I was happy to see though that my own analysis matched the GRNC picks 7 out of 8.  I will correct my 1 outlier to match their recommendation for 8 out 8.
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 8:20:12 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 10:29:58 AM EDT
[#35]
Well, I just got back from the polls. Despite my utter disgust with the Republican Party as of late, I towed the party line.
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 11:21:54 AM EDT
[#36]
Kay and Clay were my top choices.

Link Posted: 11/4/2014 2:20:12 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Kay and Clay were my top choices.
View Quote

I voted with Clay Hagan and Kay Aiken in mind and they certainly influenced my vote.  My daughter turned 18 in September so she voted also... for Greg Brannon!  She wasn't eligible to vote in the primary, but she still wanted to vote for her man!
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 11:47:00 PM EDT
[#38]
I sure did. This race is actually closer than I thought it'd be. With all the mud she was slinging, its not surprising.
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 11:59:22 PM EDT
[#39]
The republicans should have won by a landslide and could have done so with a beaten mule but instead they chose Tillis
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 12:25:46 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 12:35:24 AM EDT
[#41]
Not enough voters to make a difference.
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 12:40:09 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 12:46:55 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 12:59:10 AM EDT
[#44]
Thank God Hay Keggin is giving her concession speech.  I've hated that witch since she talked smack about Liz Dole and then ended up being just as worthless.  QT, I convinced my daughter to vote, but my wife stayed home.  Kid voted for Greg Brannon!  Gotta love her.

BA

Quoted:
Cemeteries?  

BTW BA, thanks for your consideration of my points on Tillis.

WE now have a state Senator with which we have a personal relationship.  I will ensure our views are heard.

Mark Levin said today:  "Today we take our country back from the leftists.  Tomorrow, we start taking our party back.".

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Cemeteries?  

BTW BA, thanks for your consideration of my points on Tillis.

WE now have a state Senator with which we have a personal relationship.  I will ensure our views are heard.

Mark Levin said today:  "Today we take our country back from the leftists.  Tomorrow, we start taking our party back.".

Quoted:
Not enough voters to make a difference.

Link Posted: 11/5/2014 1:15:55 AM EDT
[#45]
the only downfall for me was my county commissioners are basically all dems now. all 4 republicans lost. so its 6-1 dem. ug light rail higher taxes etc...
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 6:57:06 AM EDT
[#46]
Kay hagan is dead to me.  And I Like it that way.

not to take a jab at our libertarian voting friends, but thank you for nothing
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 7:18:05 AM EDT
[#47]
Woo Hooo !!! My vote actually counted.

Time to unwind the damage in DC.
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 7:47:05 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Woo Hooo !!! My vote actually counted.

Time to unwind the damage in DC.
View Quote

My thoughts exactly!! I am a registered Libertarian but voted straight Republican yesterday
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 8:50:57 AM EDT
[#49]
Hard to believe the Hagen Thillis race was that close.
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 9:43:38 AM EDT
[#50]

Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top