Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/14/2014 6:08:49 PM EDT

My daughter is going to school up at Western and I live in Raleigh.

We are trying to find a range near Hickory so we can keep training.
Link Posted: 10/14/2014 7:23:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

View Quote

Moss Knob is right near WCU.
Link Posted: 10/14/2014 7:27:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cool. I will keep that one in mind.

I am trying to not make the drive all the way up the mountain and Hickory area seems like a happy median.
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 12:24:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Springs Road Gun Club is an indoor range in Hickory if you're wanting to shoot pistols. $12 per hour to shoot there.

If you are looking for an outdoor range then Bulls Eye Sporting goods in Vale, NC has an outdoor range 300 yard rifle and 25 yard pistol range. You'll need to get there before 2 pm on Saturdays to sign in and pay $10 to shoot. It's about 20 miles South from Hickory though.

All the other ranges in the area require you to be a member. There is supposed to be a public range opening up in 2016 between Kings Mountain and Shelby, NC.
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 1:07:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Springs Road Gun Club is an indoor range in Hickory if you're wanting to shoot pistols. $12 per hour to shoot there.
View Quote

That place is 5min from my house. It's ok at best. Its in the basement of a gas station and has dirt for a floor. When there are a lot of people in there it gets dusty really quick and makes it hard to breathe and see.

I'd go to either The Range Lake Norman or Point Blank in Mooresville
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top