Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/14/2014 8:27:51 AM EDT
I need a new 22lr can and I can't remember who posted here/ran the company.
Thanks

Link Posted: 10/14/2014 10:29:51 AM EDT
[#1]

I'm working with NCSilencer to get my .308 and .22 cans....good people to work with.  ncsilencer.com
Link Posted: 10/14/2014 1:39:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Thanks  
View Quote

I just bought 3 suppressors from Tar Heel State Firearms after doing a bunch of research and asking around. They
are awesome to work with and go above and beyond what one would expect of a dealer.

Link Posted: 10/14/2014 2:50:18 PM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I just bought 3 suppressors from Tar Heel State Firearms after doing a bunch of research and asking around. They

are awesome to work with and go above and beyond what one would expect of a dealer.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks  

they charge 206 for a 200 dollar stamp?

wtf

Link Posted: 10/14/2014 2:53:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
They charge 206 for a 200 dollar stamp?
View Quote

So does Silencer Shop. It's to cover 3% CC fee since there's no profit margin in the stamp. If you'd rather mail Scott a check, the $6 isn't charged.

I bought two cans from NCS, and transferred a third. I bought my last 7 from THSF...and would buy 100 more from him before buying another one from NCS.

I'd rather pay the $6 CC fee than the $90 "processing" (not transfer) fee that NCS tries to get people to pay buy hiding it in their "total out the door" pricing.

Also have three sitting at Carolina Guns & Gear in Asheboro that I bought through Silencer Shop Direct.
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 8:05:54 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

I'd rather pay the $6 CC fee than the $90 "processing" (not transfer) fee that NCS tries to get people to pay buy hiding it in their "total out the door" pricing.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I still dont get the fee, if its a dealer transfer then its no fee. If I buy something I send the F4 in, they should not have a damn thing to do with it.

NC has some shit NFA dealers from what I have seen.

I called 3 yesterday, they tried to tell me about how long/hard the process was. I really wasn't interested in it since Ive been in the game for awhile and know how it works and probably own more cans than they have on stock.

In the end they all either wanted to add a fee over a instock con, or charge 3 digit transfer fees, plus what they get on dealer cost.

Im happy to work with guys, especially the small shop but taking advantage of ignorant buyers is unforgivable.

I think I found a guy, if he does what he says, I know 3 others waiting on cans.

Link Posted: 10/15/2014 9:37:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I still dont get the fee, if its a dealer transfer then its no fee. If I buy something I send the F4 in, they should not have a damn thing to do with it.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Still don't understand the $6 fee with Tar Heel? Or the "processing fee" with NCS?

The $6 is just the straight 3% to cover the CC fee. Lots of places do it. If you buy with a trust (like I do), you'll never see the F4 before it's filed, as you don't have to sign it. I pay Scott for the can and the stamp, he fills out the form and pays the ATF. No reason for him to lose $6 to pass the $200 up the line. If you write the check, or pay him by check, there's no $6 fee involved. It's simply there if you pay online by CC. Silencer Shop does the same thing...$206 for a stamp, for the same reason. Win an auction on GunBroker, and most if them charge 2%-4% if you want to pay by CC.

I can't justify the NCS fee...but I've also never paid it. It's crazy to me they have a website you can't just use to select a suppressor and pay for it.

But...it could be worse. The Range At Lake Norman, and their other one in Ballantyne, charges $150 on top of everything else to use EForms (when it was up and running). They also charge $10 per visit to pull your can out of the safe if you go for a conjugal visit. That's clearly stated on ther website, and I called to confirm it, and them told them I'd never step foot in their door for that blatant ripoff. But, at least they're upfront about it.
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 11:02:29 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I called 3 yesterday, they tried to tell me about how long/hard the process was. I really wasn't interested in it since Ive been in the game for awhile and know how it works and probably own more cans than they have on stock.

In the end they all either wanted to add a fee over a instock con, or charge 3 digit transfer fees, plus what they get on dealer cost.

Im happy to work with guys, especially the small shop but taking advantage of ignorant buyers is unforgivable.

I think I found a guy, if he does what he says, I know 3 others waiting on cans.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

When I bought from Tar Heel State's website you have an option on the tax stamp to either pay by credit card $206 or check/cash $200. I paid the $206 on each of my
three tax stamps for the ease of it. I guess if they did not charge the 3% on tax stamp when a customer paid for it by credit card then they would loose $6 on each customers tax stamp.
I imagine that would add up over time. Seems like common sense to me.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 6:36:15 PM EDT
[#8]
B&B Arm's.  I have purchased 3 form them.  Very knowledgeable, no BS, good prices & they wont try to sale you "tactiacool" BS.

http://www.b-barms.com/
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 7:51:34 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Still don't understand the $6 fee with Tar Heel? Or the "processing fee" with NCS?

The $6 is just the straight 3% to cover the CC fee. Lots of places do it. If you buy with a trust (like I do),
View Quote
I dont have a trust so I usually get/fill out my own forms electronically. Too many dealers screw them up.  

I also pay with check so I can see when its was cashed.

I guess if your stuck somewhere with a cock sheriff then it would be worth it.

BTW I got a sparrow form a local dealer. First can in about 3 years, prob will get another here soon.

Link Posted: 10/21/2014 1:05:26 PM EDT
[#10]
If you need to jail break a can, have custom work, or repairs done, then hit up stalking rhino industries, over in Cameron NC.  Matt does great work and he's good people.  I'm hoping to get my jail broken and recored yhm wraith back soon.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top