Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/11/2014 11:57:16 PM EDT
I haven't been to a gun show at the Metrolina in about 10 years. I loved 'em...like a kid in a candy store.

Was thinking about doing the show this coming December.

All things considered, how are these shows? Is powder and reloading stuff as dismal as other shows in the Carolinas?

Link Posted: 8/12/2014 10:32:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Can't speak to availability of reloading supplies. Crowds are usually shoulder to shoulder and then you always have the ones who stop in the middle of the aisle to have a conversation with someone they haven't seen for a year. Last one I was at, the Fire Marshal closed the gate until some of the people left.

If you plan on going, get advance tickets online so you can just walk up to the gate instead of waiting in the line that usually is about  4 wide and 2/3 of the way down the parking lot.
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 11:53:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Can't speak to availability of reloading supplies. Crowds are usually shoulder to shoulder and then you always have the ones who stop in the middle of the aisle to have a conversation with someone they haven't seen for a year. Last one I was at, the Fire Marshal closed the gate until some of the people left.

If you plan on going, get advance tickets online so you can just walk up to the gate instead of waiting in the line that usually is about  4 wide and 2/3 of the way down the parking lot.
View Quote

Advance tickets? I had no idea. Thanks!

(yes, I remember the crowds)
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 12:26:32 PM EDT
[#3]
I've never bought advanced tickets, but you can usually find a $1 coupon online.
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 11:58:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There's a link at the top of the page to "Buy Show Tickets".  You'll have to wait for a while until the December tickets are available. They have a cutoff for purchasing them but I can't remember how many days before the show they quit selling online.

Online Tickets
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 10:56:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I haven't been to a gun show at the Metrolina in about 10 years. I loved 'em...like a kid in a candy store.

Was thinking about doing the show this coming December.

All things considered, how are these shows? Is powder and reloading stuff as dismal as other shows in the Carolinas?

View Quote

December?  There is a Dixie show this weekend at Metrolina and I'll be there.  

The panic is over and the lines are not like they were a couple of years ago.  It's still crowded, but not huge waits to get in.

As for reloading stuff, I don't reload but I do see folks have product.  How much and price point, can't say.

Link Posted: 8/14/2014 7:48:30 AM EDT
[#6]
Waste of time.  Just go to the following and order online:

- BCM
- Rainier
- DSG
- Primary Arms
- SKD
- Quantico Tactical
- SG Ammo
- PSA

... etc, etc
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 2:36:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Waste of time.  Just go to the following and order online:

- BCM
- Rainier
- DSG
- Primary Arms
- SKD
- Quantico Tactical
- SG Ammo
- PSA

... etc, etc
View Quote

But you cant see, and touch and smell online.  And enjoy the freak show that comes with your ticket  
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 11:42:05 PM EDT
[#8]
It can be a firearm freak version of wally world. I have a little time this weekend, I think I'll ride up.
Link Posted: 8/16/2014 10:13:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Make sure to stop by the Quantico booth. Maybe they'll have better help on Sun than they did today.
Link Posted: 8/16/2014 10:21:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Just saw an advertisement for this. Me and my wife are in Charlotte for the weekend, might check it out before we head back to VA tomorrow.
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 8:23:30 AM EDT
[#11]
Yesterday wasn't bad. They have more vendors than I've ever seen before, even the parking lot between B and C was full. The ratio of beef jerky to guns is very favorable.

There was a lot of powder, I didn't check prices. Ditto for ammo. Hunt More was moving a lot of ammo in building C. I did check .22 prices just so I could get a good laugh, $59 for 550 Federal. I really enjoyed the guy with the sign "I have .22lr ammo (and it is NOT wholesale priced)".

I found what I was looking for (an LCP holster) and had fun reading girl's tattoos.
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 9:17:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Make sure to stop by the Quantico booth. Maybe they'll have better help on Sun than they did today.
View Quote

I wouldn't say better, but two guys running the tables were covered up. I went back by a few minutes later when the looky-loo's were gone and they fixed me right up.
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 10:04:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I wouldn't say better, but two guys running the tables were covered up. I went back by a few minutes later when the looky-loo's were gone and they fixed me right up.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

To be clear...I said that in jest, not as any kind of complaint, thus the .

Because I worked the booth all day Sat with Jason. We were definitely busy most of the day.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top