Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/28/2014 11:45:09 AM EDT
ARFCOMER's

I am coming to the Dixie Gun and Knife show in Charlotte in my quest for an NRA board seat. If I can get them to call me back. The NRA board position is national responsibility so the least I can do is meet the members. I am going to jump on a plane and spend the weekend meeting (and taking the heat) from gun folks. Please come out and say hi. If you are a voting member (Life or 5 consecutive years - unbroken since 2009) I could really use your signature on my petition to get on the ballot. Saturday after the show I will be seeking adult beverages if anyone is interested in joining me.

For those that want to know more about me and why I am crazy enough to do this......

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1617923_Knight_for_NRA_Board________Nomination_help_needed.html

Off to Phoenix and Houston this summer too!

Link Posted: 7/28/2014 12:45:14 PM EDT
[#1]
For those that don't know, SCDonttreadonme is the type of person to stand up and make a difference in the face of "professionals" telling him that the task is not possible. For proof of this, you need look no further than the recalls that happened in Colorado in 2013. SCdonttreadonme was not only the founder of the recalls, but he was the driving force behind them. To be perfectly frank, Colorado would still have two anti gun state senators in office if it weren't for his efforts (three really, as I doubt the third would have resigned if the first two weren't fired). The fact that the state senate president, who had the backing of Bloomberg's money machine, is now out on his ass is a testament to SC's devotion and tenacity.

He needs our support to get on the ballot for the NRA board and I have no doubt he'll have the same energy and enthusiasm that he has had in working to fix Colorado.

This sums up who SCDonttreadonme is better than I ever could

It was a pleasure to stand with him during the recalls and it's an honor to continue to stand with him in the fight for CO.

Let's get him on the NRA board so he can really drive anti gunners crazy!
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 12:56:21 PM EDT
[#2]

If you are able, go and meet this man!  He's one of the guys who worked their asses off to get those POS's in Colorado recalled.

Full disclosure:

I am a supporter.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 2:42:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Was planning on skipping this one too

I'll be there if for no other reason than to shake your hand.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 3:32:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Is the print and mail method the only way to get you a signature if we're not coming to the show? As a Lifetime Member, I'll be glad to at least help get you on the ballot.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 3:40:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Is the print and mail method the only way to get you a signature if we're not coming to the show? As a Lifetime Member, I'll be glad to at least help get you on the ballot.
View Quote

You can IM me your address and I will send you everything you need. That applies to anyone reading this. Glad to send a petition copy with directions.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 3:43:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Was planning on skipping this one too

I'll be there if for no other reason than to shake your hand.
View Quote

Cool, friends! I look forward to it. Come late on saturday for the post party maybe?
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 3:49:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

If you are able, go and meet this man!  He's one of the guys who worked their asses off to get those POS's in Colorado recalled.

Full disclosure:
Free Colorado flag show as above

I am a supporter.
View Quote

Thank you for the kind words and support. Nice flag! That flag stands for Liberty and not just in Colorado.

I will continue to go to these shows and stand in front of the members. I will be working around the country and will always stand on a petition even if I get the internal nomination someday. The members deserve no less.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 4:38:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Thank you for the kind words and support. Nice flag! That flag stands for Liberty and not just in Colorado.

I will continue to go to these shows and stand in front of the members. I will be working around the country and will always stand on a petition even if I get the internal nomination someday. The members deserve no less.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Full disclosure:
Free Colorado flag show as above

I am a supporter.

Wish I was going to be in the state that weekend.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 8:18:31 AM EDT
[#9]
I can not get anyone at Dixie to call me back and the website registration is not working. I may have to divert to a different location. I am going to wait until tomorrow and then I am going to have to look at other shows. I really want to come to the South. Might have to go to Knoxville, TN or Marietta, GA. I would prefer Charlotte at this pont, but I have to make reservations. Just sharing so people don't think I am blow this off.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 3:48:49 PM EDT
[#10]
saw your avatar flag on a tshirt at the Orlando Airport this afternoon.  
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 4:19:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Why not the Raleigh nc show
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 5:24:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Why not the Raleigh nc show
View Quote

I just could not swing Raleigh that weekend ( I even have family there ), just to much travel. I could not even get the gun show people on the phone if I wanted to (same promoter ). I have left then 6 polite messages and tried to use the website. Lock down and no reply.

Raleigh sometime for sure as it will piss off my Obama supporting relatives there as an added bonus to meeting good gun folk.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top