Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/26/2014 3:56:45 PM EDT
I got a new suppressor and am dying for a place to shoot!
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 9:46:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Am interested as well! Hate going to PDHSC with a passion
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 5:53:38 AM EDT
[#2]
I was about to give you the link for Drakes Landing but apparently they closed the rifle range.

Still a great place for pistols and shotguns.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 6:01:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Check out this link.

http://www.freezingcode.com/wiki/index.php?p=PlacesToShootInNcTriangle
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 1:27:34 PM EDT
[#4]
H20 Fowl Farms is the best around

http://h2ofowlfarmsnc.com/
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 10:54:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
H20 Fowl Farms is the best around

http://h2ofowlfarmsnc.com/
View Quote

Thanks for the info....I'll have to check them out. I've been going to the Wake Co. range to fill the gap since my previous private "range" is no longer available.
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 12:28:21 PM EDT
[#6]
I've been searching for a outdoor range as well... Best thing I could find is Frontline Defense but its all the way up in Warrenton which is almost an hour drive for me.

The place looks really cool though:

-Pistol range

-100 yard range

-300 yard range

-1000 yard range!

Open to public on weekends, and membership has no wait time(unlike all the others in the area).

I haven't been yet so I cannot say either way.

If someone has gone I'd love to hear your experience.

Link Posted: 10/22/2014 8:41:01 AM EDT
[#7]
i.ve been there, nice place
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 10:41:03 AM EDT
[#8]
http://www.ncwildlife.org/News/NewsArticle/tabid/416/indexID/9913/Default.aspx

Free.
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 11:32:18 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've been searching for a outdoor range as well... Best thing I could find is Frontline Defense but its all the way up in Warrenton which is almost an hour drive for me.

The place looks really cool though:
-Pistol range
-100 yard range
-300 yard range
-1000 yard range!
Open to public on weekends, and membership has no wait time(unlike all the others in the area).
I haven't been yet so I cannot say either way.

If someone has gone I'd love to hear your experience.
View Quote

I'm a member there, and it is a nice place.  It's a newer range (maybe open ~18 months), and the owner Paul (Army sniper vet) has been dumping tons of cash into the place, perpetually expanding it.  No buildings or power yet, but they just started work on the 1000 yard range.  The only other places I can think of offhand besides the obvious (PDHSC, Eagle 1, Wake County) are Caswell Ranch (haven't been there yet, but a friend is a member, and going to check it out sometime) around Mebane, or Range 37 down in Bunnlevel.  Range37 is pretty much the same distance as FLD, and while I like the range, FLD has more lanes, generally no wait time..

There's some steel (pistol and rifle), and the 300 yard can be used as a 'tactical' range moving and/or shooting across multiple target 'lanes,' etc.

Link Posted: 10/28/2014 11:23:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Front Line Defense is a great range if you want it all, specially the 1000 yard range. Then you have Range 37 PSR as well, they have a shoot house and stuff. Eagle One in Raleigh has started a out door range on Weekends, its right in Wendell, very close to Raleigh. I will be joining Front line in couple of weeks.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 8:37:33 AM EDT
[#11]
Thanks everyone. This is a big culture shock - I am from SC, where there are public ranges EVERYWHERE. This state seems a little more hippy overall
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top