BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 7/26/2014 11:25:00 AM EDT
We gonna have one this year?
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 8:45:21 AM EDT
[#1]
I sure hope so .I went to my frist HTS  in Pageland spring shoot  had a great time. Will bring more amno this time , great group  of shooter     Thanks Mike
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 10:08:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Guess we need to get things going. Fall will be here before you know it.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 11:01:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Precisely the point. Need to get this ball rolling so people can plan ahead
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 9:06:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Who wants more 50 BMG action?
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 9:30:56 PM EDT
[#5]
In
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 12:45:54 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

I have 100# of Tannerite.

I want schematics of your flashlghts.  They are badass.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 10:25:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Well lets get down to the When and where.
Take aim has been a awesome host to us in the past. Stay with them or is there somewhere else Ya'll want to look into ?
I'm thinking sometime in late September - thru October would be good. Let me know what you think, I can post up a poll if everyone wants .
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 1:16:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Need to find a place to shoot tannerite without somebody complaining. Even if it isn't for the HTFS.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 3:35:24 PM EDT
[#9]
IN!

+1 for a tannerite location if possible, otherwise Take Aim works.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 7:03:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Poll up for all Saturdays September through October. Any other date gets mentioned I will add it.
I am fine with Take Aim, but would love to make a little more noise. May even have a stamp come back, but wouldn't have enough time to get the paperwork through to take it out of state, so if anyone knows anywhere in NC that could be a plus.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 8:35:58 PM EDT
[#11]
I could be up for most any Saturday.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 10:00:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Need to find a place to shoot tannerite without somebody complaining. Even if it isn't for the HTFS.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No $hit.  The BBT delivered some goodies today.

Link Posted: 8/1/2014 12:49:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Anytime, anywhere is good with me.  

Wish we had something near the middle of the state though so those from Jacksonville and Wilmington could come.
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 10:11:57 PM EDT
[#14]
What ever ya'll plan I will try to be there. Between snow days, kidney stone and a new son being born......my vacation days are getting limited.

I have asked around and tried finding a place to blow off some tannerite and have had NO luck
Link Posted: 8/5/2014 9:43:10 PM EDT
[#15]
I've got something else to bring next time.

Link Posted: 8/8/2014 10:15:40 AM EDT
[#16]
Kinda new to the area, where is this at? Can anyone go?
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 11:10:22 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

No Yankees!
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 11:11:44 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

View Quote
Sounds like we haven't decided where just yet. The last few times its been at Take Aim just over the boarder in SC, south of Charlotte.

You just show up, pay the range and food fee, and have fun I've been to two now, they're a good time.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 1:40:39 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

No Yankees!
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

No Yankees!

Link Posted: 8/8/2014 2:26:45 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No Yankees!

"NC" on this board is good enough to disqualify you as a Yankee.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 2:39:48 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No Yankees!

I live in Fayetteville.

But I am totally a Yankee lol
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 12:27:33 PM EDT
[#22]
I'll try to make it, just need enough of a heads up.

Link Posted: 8/13/2014 9:28:59 PM EDT
[#23]
Hmmmmmm....
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 9:43:34 PM EDT
[#24]
Are we going to have a vote deadline?
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 10:25:44 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Anytime, anywhere is good with me.  

Wish we had something near the middle of the state though so those from Jacksonville and Wilmington could come.
View Quote

No excuse I go to the spring shoot every year!
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 9:43:46 PM EDT
[#26]
where's this shindig gonna be?  i have some trips planned this fall, but i will try and make it.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 8:45:19 AM EDT
[#27]
A big thanks to the Bandito at the last spring shoot for letting throw some .50 rounds down range, I said then my upcoming wedding gift would defiantly be the .50...after three loooong months of waiting after I put the order in, it will finally be delivered tomorrow. Got the Larue mount and scope in earlier this week. Pics up after i get it together. Stoked about the fall shoot and seeing everyone, when will we be ending the poll??
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 12:05:41 PM EDT
[#28]
I forget, who set it up last time with Take Aim? I need to know if it's gonna be in SC so I can file paperwork with the ATF
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 2:03:20 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I forget, who set it up last time with Take Aim? I need to know if it's gonna be in SC so I can file paperwork with the ATF
View Quote

Just go ahead and file it. You can request it for up to a year, so ask for something like 9/1/14-8/31/15.

Additionally, you can fax the request in and save a little time. That's how I did my last three sets.
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 3:31:08 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Just go ahead and file it. You can request it for up to a year, so ask for something like 9/1/14-8/31/15.

Additionally, you can fax the request in and save a little time. That's how I did my last three sets.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is permission required for suppressors?  I was under the impression that suppressors and AOW's were exempt.

Link Posted: 8/30/2014 3:55:35 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Is permission required for suppressors?  I was under the impression that suppressors and AOW's were exempt.
View Quote

Nope. They'll usually approved them if you send them in, but the form specifically states SBR/SBS/MG/DD:

a. A written request and prior authorization from ATF to transport interstate or in foreign commerce any destructive device, machinegun, short-barreled rifle, or short-barreled shotgun is required under the provisions of Section 922 (a)(4), Title 18, U.S.C., and Section 478.28, Title 27, CFR, a letter of request, in duplicate, containing all information required on this form, may be submitted in lieu of the form.

It's also says this:

c. All signatures on both copies of the form shall be in ink. A facsimile signature is not acceptable. All other entries on the form shall be printed in ink or typewritten.

A couple notes:
1. The won't take the letter in lieu of the form anymore.
2. They do take faxed forms now. (I do fax two copies so they can sign one to mail back and file the other without any extra work)
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 8:36:14 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Nope. They'll usually approved them if you send them in, but the form specifically states SBR/SBS/MG/DD:

a. A written request and prior authorization from ATF to transport interstate or in foreign commerce any destructive device, machinegun, short-barreled rifle, or short-barreled shotgun is required under the provisions of Section 922 (a)(4), Title 18, U.S.C., and Section 478.28, Title 27, CFR, a letter of request, in duplicate, containing all information required on this form, may be submitted in lieu of the form.

It's also says this:

c. All signatures on both copies of the form shall be in ink. A facsimile signature is not acceptable. All other entries on the form shall be printed in ink or typewritten.

A couple notes:
2. They do take faxed forms now. (I do fax two copies so they can sign one to mail back and file the other without any extra work)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's also says this:

A couple notes:

My I should do this for my SBS and SBR just in case.  I don't know if my SBS build will be ready by then.  I can just put off the screw-in-choke installation till after the shoot.

Link Posted: 8/30/2014 9:35:15 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
My I should do this for my SBS and SBR just in case.  I don't know if my SBS build will be ready by then.  I can just put off the screw-in-choke installation till after the shoot.
View Quote

I'd do it just in case. Once you have permission to cross the line, intrastate travel is ok.

My dad happens to live just across the border from Charlotte in Ft Mill. I have 5320.20s approved for the rest of this year, and another set for all of 2015, for all six SBRs...so I can cross the line at a moment's notice with whatever I want.
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 10:17:02 PM EDT
[#34]
I have an aluminum I-4 engine block that will come with as long as saturnsport can make it.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 9:28:43 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I have an aluminum I-4 engine block that will come with as long as saturnsport can make it.
View Quote

I am in for either 10/4 or 10/25, which are the leading dates for now.  If you're lucky, i'll have another block to donate for swiss-cheesing by that time also.

I cant believe i am actually advocating putting holes in Saturn engine blocks... you cant imagine how much time and money i put into NOT putting a hole in them!
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 9:09:53 AM EDT
[#36]
Ya'll let me know if you decide to have the shoot at Take Aim Training so I can get us on the calendar. Right now both leading dates is clear.....but they do have a Hunter Education field day scheduled for Friday Oct 24 which shouldn't be a problem since most of our stuff happens on Saturday.

Link Posted: 9/1/2014 8:49:59 PM EDT
[#37]
I initially voted for a few dates including October 4th. The 4th might not be good for me now.
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 10:43:33 PM EDT
[#38]
So Oct 25 at Take Aim? Chime in people
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 11:57:02 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
So Oct 25 at Take Aim? Chime in people
View Quote

Works fine.  I have not been to one.  What are the ground rules and what should I bring? What is the setup on the range.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 4:00:46 AM EDT
[#40]
This video will give you a good idea of what the rifle range was like in April. Bring what you want for targets, firearms, ammo, something to eat and drink, sun screen, and possibly bug spray. I'm not sure what the tannerite situation will be like. One pounders were fine at first for the Spring shoot until the complainer started making threats again. General firearms rules apply. No drinking alcohol if you're shooting.

Link Posted: 9/2/2014 10:21:43 AM EDT
[#41]
I just looked at my schedule, and literally every weekend now has stuff planned. Guess I'll be there for the spring shoot instead
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 4:03:43 PM EDT
[#42]
I voted for the 18th, but I'd be good for later as well.  I won't be back stateside before that, otherwise I'd be good with whenever.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 6:25:39 PM EDT
[#43]
I know yall are sorting out the when, any word on the where?
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 9:20:59 PM EDT
[#44]
So October 25th at Take Aim? Seems to be working for most everyone.
How do I shut off the poll?
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 12:12:18 AM EDT
[#45]
I'm  not going to be able make the weekend of the 25th

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 7:11:07 AM EDT
[#46]
No way I can make it Oct 25th.

Link Posted: 9/4/2014 5:27:16 AM EDT
[#47]
Put me on the list to NOT make it Oct 25th. Family annual BBQ and bonfire for Halloween.

Let me know if Take Aim is where the shoot will be so I can get it on the calendar.
Link Posted: 9/5/2014 2:41:08 PM EDT
[#48]
Since the Oct 25th date doesn't seem to be working for a lot of folks. What about going to the runner up date of Oct 4th weekend ?
Link Posted: 9/5/2014 5:23:02 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Since the Oct 25th date doesn't seem to be working for a lot of folks. What about going to the runner up date of Oct 4th weekend ?
View Quote

Or we could have a runoff poll between the two dates.  I am good for either one, but pinning down the date early is important.
Link Posted: 9/5/2014 7:35:35 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Or we could have a runoff poll between the two dates.  I am good for either one, but pinning down the date early is important.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Seriously. Just pick one and whoever can make it is who shows up.

You had 50+ people respond, and three spoke up to say they wouldn't make 10/25.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top