Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/19/2014 2:16:33 PM EDT
I will be traveling to Ft. Bragg, and I always carry a gun.  Obviously, Ft. Bragg has it's own set of rules.  I will be traveling a long distance, and will not travel without a gun (handgun).  Therefore, when I arrive I will have a gun.  I will need to stow/declare/dispose of it - whatever is most intelligent based on protocol and rules.  Any help will be appreciated.
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 3:11:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Call the Provost Marshall and ask them the question.  If you are allowed to shoot at the McKellars Lodge range on post, that might be reason to let you on.  Otherwise, they sell guns at the BX Sports Store there so people are allowed to have guns, but just people authorized to shop at BX in that case.
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 3:17:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Yep, call them, if they say absolutely not, start calling gun/pawn shops, in Fayetteville there are many, surely someone will keep it secure for you.
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 4:48:16 PM EDT
[#3]
You supply the ammo, and I will store it and keep it warm for you!  
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 12:30:02 PM EDT
[#4]
If staying in local hotel, leave in safe at hotel.  Other option is register it with the provost marshall on post and then transport to MacKellers lodge for daily range use, but NO carrying (CC or OC) allowed on federal property.

CD
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 6:40:27 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

I will be traveling to Ft. Bragg, and I always carry a gun.  Obviously, Ft. Bragg has it's own set of rules.  I will be traveling a long distance, and will not travel without a gun (handgun).  Therefore, when I arrive I will have a gun.  I will need to stow/declare/dispose of it - whatever is most intelligent based on protocol and rules.  Any help will be appreciated.
View Quote

IAW Fort Bragg regulations (FB Reg 190-11-1 DTD 16 Aug 2011 which is online) - you (nonresident on Fort Bragg) can only take a firearm on post cased and unloaded (in the trunk or other inacessable location) while enroute to the MWR range (McKellars Lodge) or to hunt or for a sponsored competition.  According to Chapter 5, it would have to be registered.

If you have DOD identification, your vehicle in all likelihood won't be searched.  If you don't and go through the search lane and its found, you'll probably be detained unless its registered on post.

You could try and find a gun store near whichever gate and leave it there.

Link Posted: 7/21/2014 10:07:15 AM EDT
[#6]
Fort Bragg Regulation 190-11-1.

Chapter 5 is at the top of page 11.

Also notice 3-2c- if a private firearm is discovered in an unattended vehicle it 'may' be confiscated.

Also 7-1g - you can carry in transit across Fort Bragg as long as you don't go through a gate (access control point).

Link Posted: 7/27/2014 11:54:43 AM EDT
[#7]
I was in the Bragg area a few years ago for my sons drill team meet. The wife and I were staying at the hotel with the team. Got up early and needed some coffee and the closest Starbucks was on base. I didn't even think about it, it didn't even cross my mind until I pulled up to the gate. There was a wave of "Oh CRAP!!!!" as I pulled up. the guard asked me what I was doing, where I was going, and asked me to step out of the truck. I thought for sure I was going to jail as I had my Glock on me. The guard searched the glove box, under the seats the bed of the truck, and they even brought out the mirrors to check the underside of the truck, but they never searched me or the center console where my pistol was stored. I boogied over to the Starbucks which was closed and then hurried my ass off the base.

I have also carried on base at Qauntico in Va. by accident once before. I will be headed up to Qauntico again next month for the USMC Sgt. Maj. picnic, but I don't think I will push my luck a third time.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top