Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/19/2014 1:36:06 PM EDT
I have a couple questions for anyone  who has been out  to the new Carolina Sporting Arms shooting ranges on South blvd in Charlotte. . I have friend  that wants to make a range trip but doesn't really have the schedule to load up and go out to the country for the time.  I didn't find the answers on the Store's website. I have copy and pasted some of their information  in the post  it is marked by  quotes.

When looking over Carolina Sporting Arms(CSA), they have  two pages on their websitehttp://www.csaguns.com/csa-shooting-range.html  and the second more in depth page http://www.csaguns.com/range-rules.html  I was unable to find what the rates were per hour and what they charge for rental guns. I also searched some on their Facebook and youtube videos but they weren't much help ether. So that's the biggest question,  with the rifle range being the biggest draw  dicating the rest of activities for that side of town for the day.

Does any know what the going rate per hour is and if they break  up the charges  in  say 15 minutes(1/4 an hour) billing cycles or its a few minutes over you buy the next whole hour?

What type of firearms do they have for rentals? Assuming with everything being new-ish  I'm hoping some might not be so severely fouled with buildup like other some ranges that  have cleaning issues with rentals.   Given that can be  a pro/con perk for testing a firearm to see how it functions in a "ka ka in the fan scenario" where cleaning may not be as regular as we would like/need for those types of  purchases reasons   We're  generally looking at maybe renting renting a full auto  or   C&R type offerings along the lines of say something fun and classic  Sten (semi or auto) , Rasheed , etc.  The trip will be more of play then a serious training/practice trip.

Are there any issues between going  between the upstairs rifle and down stairs pistols on the same billing clock time card? No starting a new hr after 15-30 minutes in one to rotate out if crowded. Other than time window where the up stairs/rifle  range section is limited by hours for operational  use. Website info  below shows
- Mon - Fri 12pm - 1:30pm & 5:00 p.m. - Close
Those hours are effective all six days we are open.
* If the upstairs range has been turned on to accommodate an overflow of handgun shooters, then we will allow rifles and shotguns on tho the upstairs range at that time.
View Quote

And the main/regular downstairs pistol range hours are
CAROLINA SPORTING ARMS RANGE TIMES
- Mon -Thur 10am - 7pm  - Friday 10am - 8pm   - Saturday 9am - 6pm
View Quote

Most of the rules seem fair,straight forward and hoping for good range officers.  Brass collection is the reasonable of only your own.

The last question  comes from there type of bullet/projectile used
ALL ammunition must be jacketed. No armor piercing, steel tip, steel core, steel shot, bird shot, BBs, buck shot, tracer, incendiary, gas, or explosive ammunition is allowed in the range.
View Quote
 Which pretty much rules out testing a shotgun out.  Which also  has  me a little worried about separating out the ar ammo. Doing to such a wide mix of ammo.
I also didn't notice a caliber limit,  if .308 /7.62X51mm was allowed?    But I can't bring my red Ryder, what will i do if Black Bart Shows up?

Anything extra I missed and/or another thread I should read?
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 2:26:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Range rates are here: http://www.csaguns.com/range-rates.html

Hourly Rate  $20/hour
Additional Shooter Hourly$10/hour
Rental Gun Rate*$20/hour
Range Damage$10/bullet hole
* Rental rate provides unlimited gun usage for one hour, one rental at a
time. Users must purchase our ammo. No outside ammo is allowed for use
in rental guns.

Far as I know they are by the hour only but t hey can verify that.
They have 4 cases of pistols and rifles for rent; I don't know the specifics of every make/model.

You can switch between floors at will if I understand correctly.

Not sure about shotguns but it would be strange for a range not to allow them?

I was told my 7.62x54r would be fine on the upper floor. And I want to think I remember someone saying that anything less than .50 is OK, but verify that with them.
My suggestion would be to get a membership if you're close enough. members have benefits; like bumping walk-in shooters, and being able to shoot almost anything on the store shelves. There multiple member events per month like vendor events, product trial invitations, and BBQ lunches (like this Friday! :)). The cooker is a "
crowned Destination
America’s
BBQ
Pitmasters North Carolina Champion"
Should be good!
You're best bet will be to either email the owner who has his contact info on the Contact tab, or give them a call.

Everyone there is polite, knowledgeable, and professional.

Call em: (704) 554-9511
or email the owner
David Drummond

[email protected]
Hope to see you down there.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top