Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/17/2014 7:33:31 AM EDT
I am traveling to Wilmington next week for a couple of days and will have some solo spare time on my hands. Any recommendations on activities, dining or must see places?  Beaches, salt water fishing, awesome gun shops, etc.?
Link Posted: 7/17/2014 8:13:07 AM EDT
[#1]
I lived there for 7 years and there is all kinds of s**t to do there, I wouldn't even know where to start. As far as the gun shops I lived there before I got the diease so I can't help you out there either but you will have a good time there. The nite life downtown is awesome if you are into that and the girl to guy ratio is 4-1 so there's lots of eye candy. Enjoy your trip.

Link Posted: 7/17/2014 10:05:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Lots of gun shops here but nothing you haven't already seen before probably.  Shooters Choice and Bullzeye are indoor ranges if your interested.  

Lots of beaches just drive east you will hit one eventually.

The Ocianic and Blue water are some nice restaurants on Wrightsville beach for seafood but I prefer Herionomous (sp) off Market for seafood.

Front street brewery and Fat Tony's are a few restaurants downtown that I like.  

NC Battleship across the creek is cool if you have never seen it before.  Also the aquarium in Fort Fisher and Cape Fear Serpentarium is a fun too.
Link Posted: 7/17/2014 1:00:40 PM EDT
[#3]
The scenery is good at Dockside.
Link Posted: 7/17/2014 3:06:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Lots of gun shops here but nothing you haven't already seen before probably.  Shooters Choice and Bullzeye are indoor ranges if your interested.  

Lots of beaches just drive east you will hit one eventually.

The Ocianic and Blue water are some nice restaurants on Wrightsville beach for seafood but I prefer Herionomous (sp) off Market for seafood.

Front street brewery and Fat Tony's are a few restaurants downtown that I like.  

NC Battleship across the creek is cool if you have never seen it before.  Also the aquarium in Fort Fisher and Cape Fear Serpentarium is a fun too.
View Quote

All of this. If you head towards Wrightsville, go to Tower 7 (on Wrightsville) for awesome Baja-Mex food, and Nikki's (the Military Cutoff location across from Mayfaire) for awesome sushi and hibachi.

Also, if you have a 4wd and are into it, while you're down at the Fort Fisher Aquarium, you might consider driving out on the beach for a little while. You have to buy a day pass from the park ranger station just before the Aquarium entrance (it was $10 or $12 last time I bought one) but there are a few miles of beach and it's easier to get away from the crowds that way, although it can get busy on a peak summer weekend.
Link Posted: 7/18/2014 3:41:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the info guys.
Link Posted: 7/18/2014 1:38:55 PM EDT
[#6]
for gun shops, there is Backwater guns. these guys arent that bad. i heard they moved across the street (kerr ave) but havent been there in a few weeks.  the kids that work there are all tactical and shit. the owner (kert) used to be really freindly before the 13 panic, now he asts like youre bothering him when you talk with him. they are a Class III dealer.

i went into Jims pawn and guns the other day and they rearranged since the last time i was there. for the locals; I have heard that they are under new ownership. i have spoke with the supposed new owner (i wasnt told this until i left the store) and he seemed pretty cool.  Jims has the largest selection followed by backwater then Bulleye.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 2:26:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
for gun shops, there is Backwater guns. these guys arent that bad. i heard they moved across the street (kerr ave) but havent been there in a few weeks.  the kids that work there are all tactical and shit. the owner (kert) used to be really freindly before the 13 panic, now he asts like youre bothering him when you talk with him. they are a Class III dealer.

i went into Jims pawn and guns the other day and they rearranged since the last time i was there. for the locals; I have heard that they are under new ownership. i have spoke with the supposed new owner (i wasnt told this until i left the store) and he seemed pretty cool.  Jims has the largest selection followed by backwater then Bulleye.
View Quote

Good to hear, they got to be difficult to deal with. I quit going there after they tried to sell me a krylon'ed and cut down rifled 870 slug barrel as a "tactical" barrel for $100.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top