Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/23/2014 6:36:34 PM EDT
Former NC resident and I got a speeding ticket on 19E, 70 in a 55 going down the hill in a hybrid... $218!  Who knows of a good attorney that can help in Yancy County?
Link Posted: 6/25/2014 3:23:15 PM EDT
[#1]
All I hear are crickets.  Anybody used a good traffic attorney in WNC?
Link Posted: 6/25/2014 3:42:02 PM EDT
[#2]
No recommendations...but usually the offender will get many offers by mail.
Link Posted: 6/30/2014 1:45:11 PM EDT
[#3]
It's a racket between the city governments and lawyers.

Just wait a couple of weeks for the offers to come in your mailbox. Expect to spend around $300 to have the ticket reduced to a non moving violation.
Link Posted: 7/12/2014 3:58:28 AM EDT
[#4]
cheapest way is to just show up for your court date and the DA will reduce it most of the time. my brother went last week and they reduced his to 64 in a 55. paid court costs and no points. i really cant recommend any of the local lawyers i dont trust them. ive never had any problems getting the da here to reduce tickets so i wouldnt get points.
Link Posted: 7/12/2014 1:20:46 PM EDT
[#5]
I only received one offer in the mail.  She wants $400 including $263 for the court costs.  I'm going to talk to one more attorney on Monday.  The drive is too far just to show up for a gamble in court.
Link Posted: 7/15/2014 7:51:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Not worth it unless you are facing a suspension.
Go to court
Link Posted: 7/18/2014 10:19:25 PM EDT
[#7]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

cheapest way is to just show up for your court date and the DA will reduce it most of the time. my brother went last week and they reduced his to 64 in a 55. paid court costs and no points. i really cant recommend any of the local lawyers i dont trust them. ive never had any problems getting the da here to reduce tickets so i wouldnt get points.
View Quote

you get driver's license points but not insurance points if first ticket and under 10 over in last 3 years

A Prayer for Judgement is also an option

ex Gubner Perdue got out of one by using the improper equipment plea

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top