Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/18/2014 6:02:39 AM EDT
Made a thread a few months back about PCSing your way.

Recently got my SBR stamp back using my trust, and will be looking to immediately pick up a 5.56 and .22lr can when I get to NC. I'll probably end up ordering AAC from Rainier and sending them to a dealer in the Greensboro area. Who should I use?

Additionally, any good outdoor ranges in the same area? I see the ranges near Charlotte thread, but that's a bit far for regular range trips.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 7:36:10 PM EDT
[#1]
I do all of my transfers through Patriot Aims on Lewiston Rd. They are a small shop but very friendly and attentive, $20 FFL fees and will only charge one fee even on multiple transfers.

ETA: not sure if the SBR is a deal killer on that, but if so I'm sure they can recommend someone.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 8:31:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I do all of my transfers through Patriot Aims on Lewiston Rd. They are a small shop but very friendly and attentive, $20 FFL fees and will only charge one fee even on multiple transfers.

ETA: not sure if the SBR is a deal killer on that, but if so I'm sure they can recommend someone.
View Quote

I'm talking about suppressors, my man.
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 6:07:09 AM EDT
[#3]
These guys are pretty close to Greensboro. I've done 3 transfers through them with a 4th pending.

http://www.b-barms.com/

sorry about the hotlink
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 8:34:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
These guys are pretty close to Greensboro. I've done 3 transfers through them with a 4th pending.

http://www.b-barms.com/

sorry about the hotlink
View Quote

Thanks bud.  I'll check them out when I get there.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 8:39:51 PM EDT
[#5]
+1 for B&B Arms... They have done 3 transfers for me.  I would be willing to bet they are one of the most knowledgeable in NFA firearms in NC.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 5:11:35 AM EDT
[#6]
NC Silencers.  Not only a good NFA outfit, but an industry partner and good neighbor.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 9:52:11 AM EDT
[#7]
Anybody dealt with Carolina Guns & Gear in Asheboro? (They also have a shop in Asheville). That's who SilencerShop is sending my most two recent purchases to through their SS Direct program. Paperwork and transfer fee is handled by SS, so I won't have to deal with them for anything but the pickup, just wondered what kinds of shop/employees they are.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 6:25:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Sal at guns and gear in Asheboro is a regular here long before he ran that shop.
I have several friends who have bought cans through them, and tons of other stuff, you will have no problems except maybe fighting your way through the crowed to the counter.

NOI
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 4:49:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Carolina Guns and Gear in Ashboro is an great store.

As far as outdoor ranges. PHA is in Lexington but you have to be a member, Uwharrie Range has been reopened I believe, and there's a range off 311 in Sophia called Triple Target I believe. I can't give you any reviews on these ranges as I've not been (except PHA for matches) I just know they exsist.
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 6:37:12 AM EDT
[#10]
ProShots in Winston/Rural Hall has cans for sale.
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 1:03:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Its not in Greensboro but Tarheel State Firearms in Matthews has been great to deal with.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top