Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 3/25/2014 10:46:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Also here are some decent local political sites...

Dailey Heymaker

Carolina Plothound

Beaufort Observer
View Quote

Cool websites, it beats the liberal rag of a newspaper, "The Daily Advance" we have around here.
Link Posted: 3/25/2014 11:44:21 AM EDT
[#2]
I have spent to date $300 on this campaign not counting gas to go driving to places to hand out flyers/time calling, etc. For someone cut back to working 3 days a week, that is a huge blow, but I hope it to be worth it.

Someone once described veterans as "someone who wrote a check to their country with an amount of :up to & including my life". I hope to bring that same level of dedication to Dr. Brannon. I don't have much, but what I can give, I am....

Please look inside yourself & see what you can do also, it's a heavy pack to tote alone.
Link Posted: 3/25/2014 12:54:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I have spent to date $300 on this campaign not counting gas to go driving to places to hand out flyers/time calling, etc. For someone cut back to working 3 days a week, that is a huge blow, but I hope it to be worth it.

Someone once described veterans as "someone who wrote a check to their country with an amount of :up to & including my life". I hope to bring that same level of dedication to Dr. Brannon. I don't have much, but what I can give, I am....

Please look inside yourself & see what you can do also, it's a heavy pack to tote alone.
View Quote

There are a couple yard signs up around my neighborhood now.
Link Posted: 3/26/2014 6:47:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Here is a video of Dr. Brannon tearing it up at a debate in Salisbury, as well as RINO's being RINO's, Heather Grant being lovely, yet too far behind to win*, Tillis not showing up despite saying previously that he would, Mark Harris admitting that he dropped out of law school to preach.

That adequately sums up the 2 hour video.

http://rowanfreepress.com/2014/03/26/video-rctpp-u-s-senate-candidates-forum-in-salisbury-n-c-on-march-25th/

*Last I checked, her phone caller's weren't even up & it's barely 36 days until the primary. I'd like her to bow out but still take on a role someplace.
Link Posted: 4/2/2014 6:32:42 PM EDT
[#5]
April event list is up, should any of you wish to meet him in person, or even better, try to organize an event in your home town with your friends.

http://gregbrannon.com/events/?view=calendar&month=April-2014

The deadline to register to vote is April 11th so you have 8 days to get anyone you meet signed up.

We won the Wake county GOP straw poll with 45% but that needs to be higher in my eyes.
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 9:10:08 AM EDT
[#6]
On Beck again today.

http://gregbrannon.com/beck/

I have made almost 300 phone calls, handed out flyers in several campus's & when I was putting up signs Tuesday, I had a couple pull up behind me & ask for one for their yard.

I'm doing my best folks but I need back up.  Take your vacation days & help us out if you can. We need callers to help get the word out.

We have a chance to do for our country in this state some good that truly matters.....don't let your kids down.
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 5:53:40 PM EDT
[#7]
GRNC just endorsed Greg as well as the GOA.  

http://www.grnc.org/
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 7:36:57 PM EDT
[#8]
For any of you possibly considering Tillis you may wish to read this first.

Statement of Paul Valone, President, GRNC:

"Why did the NRA-PVF endorse Thom Tillis while GRNC-PVF recommends Greg Brannon?"

GRNC does not make "deals" for candidate evaluations, nor does GRNC-PVF advocate the likely winner in the interest of inflating our "win" ratio. Unfortunately, the NRA does both, including having a so-called "friendly incumbent" policy which favors a supposedly pro-gun (but often mediocre) incumbent against a superior challenger.

Although NRA-ILA director Chris Cox claims, “As Speaker of the North Carolina General Assembly, Thom was instrumental in passing two of the most comprehensive pro-gun reforms in state history,” in reality the NC Senate under President Pro Tem Phil Berger did the heavy lifting on House Bill 937 and, to a large extent, HB 650, the two reforms in question.

In 2013, Speaker Tillis caused restaurant carry to be stripped from HB 17, passing a gutless bill out of committee and nearly triggering a floor fight from his own caucus, which uniformly supported restaurant carry. Only under mounting pressure from both GRNC and from within the Republican caucus did he finally relent and have Representatives Jacqueline Schaffer and Justin Burr draft HB 937, which in its original, mild form expanded concealed carry only to restaurants and within closed compartments of locked motor vehicles at institutions of higher learning.

Only once the bill left the House did the Senate turn it into (more than) what we have today. Thanks in large part to Sen. Berger and Judiciary Chair Buck Newton, the Senate version dramatically expanded concealed carry to include municipal parks (cities were trying to stymie previous legislation), all public educational institutions, parades and funerals, state government parking lots, and more.

In particular, the Senate version of HB 937 included repeal of our archaic, Jim Crow-era pistol purchase permit law -- a law the Charlotte Observer found actually allows felons to retain previously issued permits. Under pressure from the NC Sheriffs' Association and the Governor, however, Tillis refused to simply concur with the Senate version, insisting the bill go to a conference committee to strip the measure.

Tillis' insistence on a conference committee nearly killed the bill. Only under significant pressure from GRNC and others, and after negotiations weakened purchase permit reform, did the Speaker move the bill -- and then only a few days before adjournment of the session. Although the bill would technically have remained alive for the 2014 session, in reality politicians would have refused to move it in an election year, just as they did previous restaurant carry legislation.

Did Tillis move the bill? Yes, albeit reluctantly. Would he be better for gun rights than Kay Hagan? Most likely. But is he a Second Amendment hero? As Hertz is fond of saying, "Not exactly."
Statement of Paul Valone, President, GRNC: "Why did the NRA-PVF endorse Thom Tillis while GRNC-PVF recommends Greg Brannon?" GRNC does not make "deals" for candidate evaluations, nor does GRNC-PVF advocate the likely winner in the interest of inflating our "win" ratio. Unfortunately, the NRA does both, including having a so-called "friendly incumbent" policy which favors a supposedly pro-gun (but often mediocre) incumbent against a superior challenger. Although NRA-ILA director Chris Cox claims, “As Speaker of the North Carolina General Assembly, Thom was instrumental in passing two of the most comprehensive pro-gun reforms in state history,” in reality the NC Senate under President Pro Tem Phil Berger did the heavy lifting on House Bill 937 and, to a large extent, HB 650, the two reforms in question.

In 2013, Speaker Tillis caused restaurant carry to be stripped from HB 17, passing a gutless bill out of committee and nearly triggering a floor fight from his own caucus, which uniformly supported restaurant carry. Only under mounting pressure from both GRNC and from within the Republican caucus did he finally relent and have Representatives Jacqueline Schaffer and Justin Burr draft HB 937, which in its original, mild form expanded concealed carry only to restaurants and within closed compartments of locked motor vehicles at institutions of higher learning. Only once the bill left the House did the Senate turn it into (more than) what we have today. Thanks in large part to Sen. Berger and Judiciary Chair Buck Newton, the Senate version dramatically expanded concealed carry to include municipal parks (cities were trying to stymie previous legislation), all public educational institutions, parades and funerals, state government parking lots, and more. In particular, the Senate version of HB 937 included repeal of our archaic, Jim Crow-era pistol purchase permit law -- a law the Charlotte Observer found actually allows felons to retain previously issued permits. Under pressure from the NC Sheriffs' Association and the Governor, however, Tillis refused to simply concur with the Senate version, insisting the bill go to a conference committee to strip the measure.

Tillis' insistence on a conference committee nearly killed the bill. Only under significant pressure from GRNC and others, and after negotiations weakened purchase permit reform, did the Speaker move the bill -- and then only a few days before adjournment of the session. Although the bill would technically have remained alive for the 2014 session, in reality politicians would have refused to move it in an election year, just as they did previous restaurant carry legislation. Did Tillis move the bill? Yes, albeit reluctantly. Would he be better for gun rights than Kay Hagan? Most likely. But is he a Second Amendment hero? As Hertz is fond of saying, "Not exactly."
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 12:47:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Got to talk with Dr. Brannon and really like the cut of his jib. I was a little jaded at first but he seems like the kind of person I want representing me. Gave a hefty donation and let him place a big sign at the end of my drive way where a few thousand cars pass every day.

Going to be calling and talking to as many as I can about him & hope everyone else does as well.

Link Posted: 4/18/2014 3:44:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Got to talk with Dr. Brannon and really like the cut of his jib. I was a little jaded at first but he seems like the kind of person I want representing me. Gave a hefty donation and let him place a big sign at the end of my drive way where a few thousand cars pass every day.

Going to be calling and talking to as many as I can about him & hope everyone else does as well.

http://i59.tinypic.com/11b3vd4.jpg
View Quote

Brannon signs are the only ones in my neighborhood.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 4:06:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Glad to hear that, mine keep getting vandalized, but the Harris ones are left unmolested.

Anyone who's interested in volunteering, I'm thinking of hosting a contest where whomever gets the most best calls gets a brick of .22 cartridges.....

Still trying to figure out how to run it though.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 4:37:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Glad to hear that, mine keep getting vandalized, but the Harris ones are left unmolested.

Anyone who's interested in volunteering, I'm thinking of hosting a contest where whomever gets the most best calls gets a brick of .22 cartridges.....

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I could pull the lever for Harris if he won the primary.

But I don't see that happening.  This is a 2 horse race.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 4:56:54 PM EDT
[#13]
I could pull the lever for Harris if he won the primary.

But I don't see that happening.  This is a 2 horse race
View Quote

I agree.

The main thing is that with Greg, everything out of his mouth is about the Constitution, whereas Harris is virtually mute on the subject.

Plus there is the fact that Harris has all that baggage from backing the gay marriage ban, backing common core & amnesty.

I have made several hundred phone calls this week & the folks do NOT want another Rino like Romney. The folks who are already determined for the most part like Greg but there are a few Harris fans. I have only encountered 5 Tillis supporters & converted one of them to the Brannonites.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 4:03:09 AM EDT
[#14]
In case anyone is interested, there is a debate on tonight on channel 14 at 7pm should you like to watch.

Not sure if Tillis will be there but if he is this'll be more fun than a BBQ dinner.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 4:30:41 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Statement of Paul Valone, President, GRNC:

"Why did the NRA-PVF endorse Thom Tillis while GRNC-PVF recommends Greg Brannon?"

GRNC does not make "deals" for candidate evaluations, nor does GRNC-PVF advocate the likely winner in the interest of inflating our "win" ratio. Unfortunately, the NRA does both, including having a so-called "friendly incumbent" policy which favors a supposedly pro-gun (but often mediocre) incumbent against a superior challenger.

Although NRA-ILA director Chris Cox claims, "As Speaker of the North Carolina General Assembly, Thom was instrumental in passing two of the most comprehensive pro-gun reforms in state history,” in reality the NC Senate under President Pro Tem Phil Berger did the heavy lifting on House Bill 937 and, to a large extent, HB 650, the two reforms in question.

In 2013, Speaker Tillis caused restaurant carry to be stripped from HB 17, passing a gutless bill out of committee and nearly triggering a floor fight from his own caucus, which uniformly supported restaurant carry. Only under mounting pressure from both GRNC and from within the Republican caucus did he finally relent and have Representatives Jacqueline Schaffer and Justin Burr draft HB 937, which in its original, mild form expanded concealed carry only to restaurants and within closed compartments of locked motor vehicles at institutions of higher learning.

Only once the bill left the House did the Senate turn it into (more than) what we have today. Thanks in large part to Sen. Berger and Judiciary Chair Buck Newton, the Senate version dramatically expanded concealed carry to include municipal parks (cities were trying to stymie previous legislation), all public educational institutions, parades and funerals, state government parking lots, and more.

In particular, the Senate version of HB 937 included repeal of our archaic, Jim Crow-era pistol purchase permit law -- a law the Charlotte Observer found actually allows felons to retain previously issued permits. Under pressure from the NC Sheriffs' Association and the Governor, however, Tillis refused to simply concur with the Senate version, insisting the bill go to a conference committee to strip the measure.

Tillis' insistence on a conference committee nearly killed the bill. Only under significant pressure from GRNC and others, and after negotiations weakened purchase permit reform, did the Speaker move the bill -- and then only a few days before adjournment of the session. Although the bill would technically have remained alive for the 2014 session, in reality politicians would have refused to move it in an election year, just as they did previous restaurant carry legislation.

Did Tillis move the bill? Yes, albeit reluctantly. Would he be better for gun rights than Kay Hagan? Most likely. But is he a Second Amendment hero? As Hertz is fond of saying, "Not exactly."

Statement of Paul Valone, President, GRNC: "Why did the NRA-PVF endorse Thom Tillis while GRNC-PVF recommends Greg Brannon?" GRNC does not make "deals" for candidate evaluations, nor does GRNC-PVF advocate the likely winner in the interest of inflating our "win" ratio. Unfortunately, the NRA does both, including having a so-called "friendly incumbent" policy which favors a supposedly pro-gun (but often mediocre) incumbent against a superior challenger. Although NRA-ILA director Chris Cox claims, "As Speaker of the North Carolina General Assembly, Thom was instrumental in passing two of the most comprehensive pro-gun reforms in state history,” in reality the NC Senate under President Pro Tem Phil Berger did the heavy lifting on House Bill 937 and, to a large extent, HB 650, the two reforms in question.

In 2013, Speaker Tillis caused restaurant carry to be stripped from HB 17, passing a gutless bill out of committee and nearly triggering a floor fight from his own caucus, which uniformly supported restaurant carry. Only under mounting pressure from both GRNC and from within the Republican caucus did he finally relent and have Representatives Jacqueline Schaffer and Justin Burr draft HB 937, which in its original, mild form expanded concealed carry only to restaurants and within closed compartments of locked motor vehicles at institutions of higher learning. Only once the bill left the House did the Senate turn it into (more than) what we have today. Thanks in large part to Sen. Berger and Judiciary Chair Buck Newton, the Senate version dramatically expanded concealed carry to include municipal parks (cities were trying to stymie previous legislation), all public educational institutions, parades and funerals, state government parking lots, and more. In particular, the Senate version of HB 937 included repeal of our archaic, Jim Crow-era pistol purchase permit law -- a law the Charlotte Observer found actually allows felons to retain previously issued permits. Under pressure from the NC Sheriffs' Association and the Governor, however, Tillis refused to simply concur with the Senate version, insisting the bill go to a conference committee to strip the measure.

Tillis' insistence on a conference committee nearly killed the bill. Only under significant pressure from GRNC and others, and after negotiations weakened purchase permit reform, did the Speaker move the bill -- and then only a few days before adjournment of the session. Although the bill would technically have remained alive for the 2014 session, in reality politicians would have refused to move it in an election year, just as they did previous restaurant carry legislation. Did Tillis move the bill? Yes, albeit reluctantly. Would he be better for gun rights than Kay Hagan? Most likely. But is he a Second Amendment hero? As Hertz is fond of saying, "Not exactly."

Do you have a link to this..... want to share this a few places...

Link Posted: 4/22/2014 3:13:09 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
In case anyone is interested, there is a debate on tonight on channel 14 at 7pm should you like to watch.

Not sure if Tillis will be there but if he is this'll be more fun than a BBQ dinner.
View Quote

Just reminded me.

Got it on now!
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 3:21:21 PM EDT
[#17]
HE IS KILLING THIS!!!
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 4:00:52 PM EDT
[#18]
3 more things to add.

This was not really a debate.  It was a question and answer session.

IMO, Greg messed up with the abortion thing.  While I agree with him, that will be the attack add used to slam him, especially if he gets into the general election.  War on Women.

Lastly, Thom Tillis is a jackass who thinks he has already won.  Aside from 1 or 2 shots at Greg, he spent his time attacking Hagan.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 4:39:24 PM EDT
[#19]
If there is a link where I can watch this i would like to see the replay.  Don't get 14 here......
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 7:47:56 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
If there is a link where I can watch this i would like to see the replay.  Don't get 14 here......
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Was aired live on Charlotteobserver.com but it'll probably still be on there later.

Quoted:
3 more things to add.

This was not really a debate.  It was a question and answer session.

IMO, Greg messed up with the abortion thing.  While I agree with him, that will be the attack add used to slam him, especially if he gets into the general election.  War on Women.

Lastly, Thom Tillis is a jackass who thinks he has already won.  Aside from 1 or 2 shots at Greg, he spent his time attacking Hagan.

As for the part in blue, I kinda agree with you but I'd mention one thing. A  lot of people have given Brannon flak for not supporting Romney in the 2012 race. What I see there, is a man who could have lied & nobody would know, but instead told the truth because that is his principle.

I partially like Brannon because of that. he reminds me of my father that way. My dad laid out my relationship wit him when I was 13, saying "if your right, I'll back you until I can't breathe anymore. If your in the wrong, your on your own". Brannon is a man of principle & I admire him deeply for it.

I was present & got to talk to several reporters because apparently they like me. The highlight of the night though was not filmed. It was when I was trying to convert a Harris supporter to the Brannon fold, who turned out to be Harris's sister.
She seemed like a really nice lady though & I like her better than her brother, who has almost mastered the art of saying a lot while saying nothing......
And no I didn't convert her.

Even the Heather Grant supporter beside me likes Brannon & was livid when Tillis said several outright lies during the Q&A..... I kept expecting another Wilson to pop up with a "YOU LIE!" moment but sadly was not to be.

BTW, I've made over 1,100 calls personally since I've gotten involved & so far only 5 have said they were supporting Tillis. And one of those WAS  swayed over to Brannon when they learned about Tillis backing Obama-care. Bottom line, anyone who tells you that Tillis is a clear winner is either lying or drunk.

I also spoke with a elderly gentleman today who told me that after 54 years of voting republican, he was done voting because he feels so betrayed by what's happening now. He was merely the most recent, not the only one. If we are ever going to win back ANYTHING, we have to nominate conservatives.

I told several people that you can't draw in enough moderates for the amount of conservatives you lose when you try to. I know a lot of you detest me, but Brannon is the better man beyond any shadow of a doubt. If it comes down to Tillis vs. Hagan, Hagan will win again. I'd bet a bunch of money on it but unlike Obama/Hagan, I prefer to no lose money I don't have.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 3:04:12 AM EDT
[#21]
I will agree with you an being a man of principle, I just know how that is going to get used against him.

Which sucks, because I agree with that position AND I really respect him for saying ot would be an AMENDMENT, not a bill.

I think he really gets how the system is supposed to work.  That was also highlighted by the way he answered the 2nd Amendment question.

Tillis showed he has no clue with his answer.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 7:51:46 PM EDT
[#22]
So tomorrow I'll be early voting for Greg.  I only pray that I've done enough & that I can continue to do more to support him.

If any of you still have any inkling about supporting *shudders* Tillis, please take a moment & watch this link that for some reason this site won't let me embed.
It's only 4 minutes long & well worth it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gai6a_v71og&feature=youtu.be

I firmly believe that NC voters have two choices this year, Brannon or Hagan. I spoke to a elderly man on Tuesday & after 54 years of voting Republican, he said he was just going to stay home because he was so disillusioned by their actions. He & the vast majority of others, do NOT want "Obama-lite".

If Tillis wins the primary, Hagan wins the general.

I don't give a damn what the bought & paid for media says, I'm the one who spoke to over 1200 people & that was just phone calls, that isn't tea party meetings or handing out flyers at gun stores & other parking lots, etc. Brannon is key to saving our country & I beg you to give him your support.

I'm reminded of John Adams's words before the colonies declared rebellion......"while I live, let me have a country.......a  free country"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUeOCjcgVsE
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 6:44:16 PM EDT
[#23]
Well I voted & later this evening I went to a tea party rally & talked to some more people.

I really must say that Jeanette Doran is HOT!  I 'd most definitely request a visit to her chambers....

Brannon of course was very popular, got quite a few thumbs up from drivers when I did a sign wave.

I must say that the conduct of some Harris supporters is atrocious. I have had so many of my signs stolen & vandalized especially around University pkwy, in addition to the one I met at a polling place when I voted that tried to be all friendly until a voter came up & she tried to get me to say that I'd refuse to support whoever won if it wasn't Brannon.

Between her & some others, I really understand some peoples hatred of organized religion.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 4:26:03 AM EDT
[#24]
Just going to leave this here......
http://elections.huffingtonpost.com/pollster/2014-north-carolina-senate-brannon-vs-hagan

BRANNON BEATS Hagan in latest PPP poll! Tillis LOSES to Hagan in same poll! Wow! I just found this! It was updated 3 days ago! According the "extreme right wing source" (note dripping sarcasm), the Huffington Post. The probability of Hagan beating Tillis is 67%! The probability of BRANNON beating Hagan is 54.7%!

We're going to win this thing!
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 3:25:39 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Just going to leave this here......
http://elections.huffingtonpost.com/pollster/2014-north-carolina-senate-brannon-vs-hagan

BRANNON BEATS Hagan in latest PPP poll! Tillis LOSES to Hagan in same poll! Wow! I just found this! It was updated 3 days ago! According the "extreme right wing source" (note dripping sarcasm), the Huffington Post. The probability of Hagan beating Tillis is 67%! The probability of BRANNON beating Hagan is 54.7%!

We're going to win this thing!
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/26/2014 5:19:25 PM EDT
[#26]
Anyone willing to work, even a few hours to hand out pamphlets at voting sites, IM me.

We can save our country, if we will but just saddle up and do it. I wake up every day & I don't ask crazy questions like "What's the point?".

I ask, "what may I do for Greg today?"

Saw a good area for signs that was vacant but to get to it, I had to jump 4 feet off a picnic table, over a fence/briars & made it.

Then managed to talk to my supervisor about Greg, unsure if any progress made though. Put up a lot more signs though & when the folks at the fast food joint said to pull forward & wait for my food, I pulled forward, parked, ran to the busy road 10' away & held a solo sign wave for a good 4 minutes.
Link Posted: 4/29/2014 7:39:00 AM EDT
[#27]
Anybody around Charlotte/Huntersville have a sign to put in my yard?

I tried to fill out the form online, and hit submit on the last page (but didn't put any comments). The status bar at the top stayed at 75%, so I don't know if my info went through or not.

Just left early voting...one more vote from Meck Co!

ETA: did finally get a confirmation email from them
Link Posted: 4/29/2014 7:53:47 PM EDT
[#28]
Both your country & I thank you Waylon.

I heard on Rush radio about the "overwhelming surge" for Tillis. Also, they told about the McCrory and Chamber of Commerce endorsements. All I can say is remember the Ted Cruz race and keep on working Team Brannon. "Elites" may back Tillis, but "we the people" want someone to represent us.

This is the establishment trying to create the perception that it's futile to vote for anyone else... don't believe the polls, keep pounding. We're doing better than they say, much better. The Chamber of Commerce just dumped a million bucks into Tillis's campaign. do you think they'd do that if this race was all sewn up in their favor?  Hell no.

I was at several different polling spots today & counted 4 votes for GB, 1 for Harris & 2 democrats. Saw nobody for Tillis & no volunteers for him either.
Link Posted: 5/1/2014 5:23:33 AM EDT
[#29]
http://dailyhaymaker.com/?p=7833
Further more, I'm sick as a dog, yet still hang out in front of a polling place to try to win over early voters. How many such dedicated followers do you think Tillis has?

Also Mark Levin just endorsed Greg.

And Rand Paul will join Greg at a rally in Charlotte on  Monday, the day before the primary, should any of you wish to attend.
http://gregbrannon.com/
Link Posted: 5/1/2014 2:20:35 PM EDT
[#30]
He crushed it again on GB this morning.

I LOVE how he cites the Constitution for what the federal government's role is.
Link Posted: 5/1/2014 4:32:27 PM EDT
[#31]
I've said it before but I'll say it again: Tillus is NOT winning. If he were, the Chamber of Commerce would not have just dumped a million dollars to him.
http://dailyhaymaker.com/?p=7830

Pay special attention to this comment.

"You did not follow the game in Missouri. The Democrats wanted to run against Akin, so they attacked Akin heavily during the primary campaign, to sucker Republicans into voting for Akin, and it worked. It brought Akin up in the polls from third to first, and the Democrats got the opponent they wanted.

Part of the psych ploy is that Republican voters tend to want to circle the wagons around the Republican that the Democrats are attacking.
If they had wanted to influence the primary against Tillis, they would have bought ads attacking him through entities not so blatantly connected to Hagan.

They put their own identity front and center because they were trying to create a pro-Tillis backlash among less informed GOP voters rallying to the candidate under Democrat attack, just like was done in Missouri"
View Quote

I am the one AT the early voting spots, getting the sunburn & I tell you that GB is who the people want. I've encountered a few democrats but most are for Greg & a few for Harris. The polling place I'm at is the busiest in my county & yet there is not 1 Tilis sign there or any followers to talk with voters. The same story with those I talk/work with.

The media is lying because they know that if Tillis wins the primary, Hagan wins the November race. Period.
http://dailyhaymaker.com/?p=7833

http://dailyhaymaker.com/?p=7839

I'm telling you folks that you need to abandon the media entirely. The only thing worth anything is the weather & they usually get that wrong too. If you need actual news, come to me.

Todays news cast is about the sun: wear sunscreen if your going to be outside for 8+ hours.
Link Posted: 5/3/2014 9:31:31 PM EDT
[#32]
Don't worry, soon the primary will be over & you can live without my updates once more.
I was wearing my Brannon button tonight & some guy asked where I got it as he was wanting it ever since someone called & told him about him. I talked a bit with him & it turns out, I was the one who had called him.

I ended up giving him my button & a number to call so he could volunteer at a poll.
Then had a similar situation with another 3 guys, including one of the hardest working, smartest young guys I know.

Don't believe anything you hear on TV unless I say it, I was at early voting at the busiest place in Stokes county today & there was never a Tillis supporter there or a sign even. Frankly I'm more worried about Harris than Tillis.

People say "tillis has name recognition"......well so does "Bin laden" but it doesn't' mean they'd vote for him.

Tomorrow I will be calling from home, then Monday I'll be stopping in the homes of people who wanted signs in their yards & seeing if they are interested in polling.

I'm in this for Greg/the Constitution/America with all my heart.....

I also spoke with a friend who has read my FB page, yet never asked me any questions about Greg. I talked to her this evening & she said my effort paid off & Greg got 4 votes from her household.
Moral is, we may be winning hearts even when we don't know it.

Second moral is that Tillis should have just blown his campaign money on hookers & cocaine for all the good it's done him.
Link Posted: 5/6/2014 12:33:03 PM EDT
[#33]
I voted , and my wife will too. he is her Dr. and a very good man.
Link Posted: 5/6/2014 3:17:30 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
He crushed it again on GB this morning.

I LOVE how he cites the Constitution for what the federal government's role is.
View Quote

That one fact is why I voted for him despite his legal troubles.  I'll have time to form a more educated opinion before the general.  Not that it really matters because there is no way I would ever vote for Hagan.
Link Posted: 5/6/2014 4:49:55 PM EDT
[#35]
I did my part but it's not looking good
Link Posted: 5/6/2014 4:53:45 PM EDT
[#36]
Just hoping the mass can siphon off a few more percentage points off Thillis.
Link Posted: 5/6/2014 7:19:56 PM EDT
[#37]
I was pleasantly surprised at the pro Bannon turnout at my precinct today. I was there for a county commissioner, but the lady who was working Weddington Elementary in Union County was crushing it for Dr Brannon. I bet she got an additional 50 votes (out of 300 who voted today) for Dr. Brannon.
Link Posted: 5/7/2014 12:11:28 AM EDT
[#38]
Well, I already have 2 folks I won't be voting for in November.

I wonder if we can get Brannon to run in the primary anyway?
Link Posted: 5/7/2014 2:18:58 AM EDT
[#39]
No doubt...  I think that it is pathetic that only 15% of 6+ million people too the time to vote.....  WTH....

Link Posted: 5/7/2014 2:26:35 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 5/7/2014 3:52:12 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

Not legal for him to run now.....have to wait for him until 2016 & if we couldn't win now with Benghazi, fast & furious, Obama-care, the economy, etc, we never will.

Liberty & America are dead. DEAD!
Link Posted: 5/7/2014 5:45:49 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Not legal for him to run now.....have to wait for him until 2016 & if we couldn't win now with Benghazi, fast & furious, Obama-care, the economy, etc, we never will.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cheer up brother, you guys made one hell of a run. Not all is lost, go home and do right by your family and god and the rest will work itself out!
Link Posted: 5/7/2014 5:49:11 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
No doubt...  I think that it is pathetic that only 15% of 6+ million people too the time to vote.....  WTH....

View Quote

Reports said we had 20% turnout in my county.  When I showed up to vote I didn't even have to wait in line.  The only good thing about that was a had a chance to talk with a couple candidates for local offices that I was unsure about.
Link Posted: 5/7/2014 9:37:30 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He couldn't run as an independent?
Link Posted: 5/7/2014 11:01:43 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Even if he could.... It would guarantee a Hagen victory.
It s going to be very close between tillis and hagen already.
I wish Brannon would have won
Link Posted: 5/7/2014 2:06:09 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think Hagan has a real shot at it now.

I know I won't be voting for Tillis.
Link Posted: 5/7/2014 6:39:07 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If by "real shot" you mean certain landslide victory, then yes she does.

I spoke with a elderly gentleman on the phone one day who after 54 years of voting Republican, said he was done. He didn't want the Obama-lite that they kept pushing for.

This election was our 1 shot at preserving America & now we are done for. It's enough to make me cry.

I spent much of the day pulling up Brannon signs that I had put in the earth with such hope & optimism.....now I felt like every one was an extra stab in my heart......

If you see a Brannon sign on a public roadway, be sure & pull it up as the campaign will be fined for them after today. I believe you can leave them on your on property though.

I will still keep mine & proudly display them on my car as a sign that while others played & napped, I fought as hard as I could. I gave up my beach vacation this year to send the money instead to Greg. I never believed in anyone enough to sacrifice for before.  
Link Posted: 5/8/2014 2:20:49 AM EDT
[#48]
I know its heart breaking.  I have been in a funk the past couple of days.  Especially since I spend all day on a Tractor you have lots of time to think.  Greg Brannon is the first candidate that I have ever sent money to and sadly probably the last.  

Thank you for your time and effort......

Link Posted: 5/8/2014 2:46:05 AM EDT
[#49]
Gentlemen, we have lost a battle.

The war is not lost.

Not so long as we have access to at least 1 of the 4 boxes.

Not as long as there is anyone who remembers what freedom is supposed to be.

Not so long as you are breathing.

Yes, we are slipping further and further from Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness.  Yes, the federal government continues to violate the contract between We the People and them.  Yes, we keep having people put forward who believe in "practical compromise"  on unalienable rights.

Concentrate on making our state more free.  Make it a haven for freedom on the East Coast.  Make it attractive to people who want to escape from the oppressiveness of the Progressive Utopian states and breathe free again.

Make it attractive to businesses.

Continue the fight.
Link Posted: 5/8/2014 2:53:47 AM EDT
[#50]
You are correct sir....  

We are down but not out....

We are beaten but not broken....

We are WE THE PEOPLE....

We will live to fight another day....

Thank You for a ray of sunshine on a cloudy day....
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top