Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 2/18/2014 6:09:07 AM EDT
Glenn is interviewing him on radio right now!!!
Link Posted: 2/18/2014 6:22:30 AM EDT
[#1]
If you missed it, the radio show is available on glennbeck.com as a free podcast.

Greg is CRUSHING it.
Link Posted: 2/18/2014 11:50:34 AM EDT
[#2]
He is who I am backing
Link Posted: 2/18/2014 1:34:39 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm cut down to 25 hours a week at work & still managed to wrangle up $178 to his campaign.  He is the first person I've sent money to ever!

I know I'm not supposed to get my hopes up but yet I have.... please help him with cash if you can folks. Skip that extra box of 9mm & send the $15 to his site.
Link Posted: 2/18/2014 1:48:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Was a great interview with GB.... I really like what he has to say.

Looks like he took a hit today.  Guilty in civil court.  Where do we go from here?  I still support him.  People make mistakes and it just looks like the investors were butt hurt.  

WP
Link Posted: 2/18/2014 4:03:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Looks like he took a hit today.  Guilty in civil court.  Where do we go from here?  I still support him.  People make mistakes and it just looks like the investors were butt hurt.  

WP
View Quote

Civil court is nothing really,
Link Posted: 2/19/2014 6:36:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

WP

It is a big something if he is guilty of violating the same ethics and morals he keeps railing on to get elected. I tend to watch what someone does more than what they say. This is very disappointing.

Link Posted: 2/19/2014 6:58:25 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

It is a big something if he is guilty of violating the same ethics and morals he keeps railing on to get elected. I tend to watch what someone does more than what they say. This is very disappointing.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

WP

No. you are GUILTY in CRIMINAL COURT. In civil court it does not have to be overwhelming evidence.

in CIVIL COURT you are LIABLE. Big difference. This verdict has been appealed and from what I've heard it has a good chance of being overturned.
it a civil matter not a criminla one. Two parties disagree about something one sued the other. No law has been broken the DA etc..has not brought a case etc...

So no, Its not a big deal. From what I've read he and another person had a company that went under these investors are mad they lost money.

we'll see.  obviously no law has been broken or he would be in jail and not practicing medicine.
Link Posted: 2/19/2014 8:06:13 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

No. you are GUILTY in CRIMINAL COURT. In civil court it does not have to be overwhelming evidence.

in CIVIL COURT you are LIABLE. Big difference. This verdict has been appealed and from what I've heard it has a good chance of being overturned.
it a civil matter not a criminla one. Two parties disagree about something one sued the other. No law has been broken the DA etc..has not brought a case etc...

So no, Its not a big deal. From what I've read he and another person had a company that went under these investors are mad they lost money.

we'll see.  obviously no law has been broken or he would be in jail and not practicing medicine.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

WP

Got a link to this?
Link Posted: 2/19/2014 2:41:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

WP

A jury decided he "misled" investors... But I guess we should not even give a second thought that a person who did that to investors would "mislead" voters since no "law" was broken huh...

Link Posted: 2/19/2014 5:45:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Civil court is essentially a "Judge Judy" episode without cameras. That is it.

I admit I don't know the particulars of this case, but I have had one of my own before & can refer to that one.

Oh & juries are idiots as they are made up of people not me. .
Link Posted: 2/19/2014 7:06:35 PM EDT
[#11]
I really hope it turns out to be nothing as everything I have heard and read of him seems right on with what this country and state needs.
Link Posted: 2/20/2014 7:04:11 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

A jury decided he "misled" investors... But I guess we should not even give a second thought that a person who did that to investors would "mislead" voters since no "law" was broken huh...

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

WP

Civil court does not always involve a jury. From what I understand, a jury can be requested, but is not automatically used. In most cases, the judge is the one who decides the end result. Since I am not convinced that 80% of our judges aren't bound to the Democrats by some way or another, maybe this was a way of hurting Brannon's chances of getting the office. I know, the tinfoil hat is strong in this one, but you never know.
Link Posted: 2/21/2014 10:54:18 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Civil court does not always involve a jury. From what I understand, a jury can be requested, but is not automatically used. In most cases, the judge is the one who decides the end result. Since I am not convinced that 80% of our judges aren't bound to the Democrats by some way or another, maybe this was a way of hurting Brannon's chances of getting the office. I know, the tinfoil hat is strong in this one, but you never know.
View Quote

It was a jury trial. http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2014/02/18/4705183/gop-senate-candidate-brannon-found.html
Link Posted: 2/21/2014 4:52:36 PM EDT
[#14]
I had my first day campaigning at the office in Winston, making calls & mailing letters. If you like I could get you a sign for your yard.

And should you wish to help, I've got the address for you too.

I also have an article that is about the trial, I'll post it after my cookies get done baking.
Link Posted: 2/21/2014 6:23:18 PM EDT
[#15]
Ok, this isn't an official statement but I did get it at the local HQ so there is that.....

It's basically a printout of this paper.
http://dailyhaymaker.com/?p=7201

I'd also add that if Karl Rove is backing Tillis, which he is, that is another + mark in Brannon's column in my book.
Link Posted: 2/22/2014 3:06:22 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I had my first day campaigning at the office in Winston, making calls & mailing letters. If you like I could get you a sign for your yard.

And should you wish to help, I've got the address for you too.

I also have an article that is about the trial, I'll post it after my cookies get done baking.
View Quote

IM sent.
Link Posted: 2/22/2014 10:25:42 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

WP

"misled" could be anything. anything from He lied (which you have to prove) to I didn't understand.

we'll see how it comes out.
Link Posted: 2/23/2014 7:34:35 AM EDT
[#18]
If you read my above link, you'd know the judge in the case was a Democrat & quite a few other things that negatively affected this outcome.

I still believe in Dr. Brannon & made another $50 donation this morning & am about to put up a sign of his in my yard.

I had my Brannon button on & was at a local steak restaurant when a fellow patron started asking me questions about it, including if it was me running for office.

After I was able to compose myself from laughing, I answered that it wasn't me & told him about Dr. Brannon. I was able to answer 3/4 of his questions by memory but was able to get his card & promised to mail him the other information he requested.

It wasn't all great though, I had left my brochures in the car so I wasn't able to hand them out. But all in all it was a pretty great meeting with a fine American couple.
Wear the buttons folks! And the jackets too for that matter. And if we don't have jackets, I know where we can fix that.
Link Posted: 2/23/2014 9:23:25 AM EDT
[#19]
15 minutes of going door to door in a high traffic area, netted me 3 owners happy to place a sign in their yard.

This election is ours people. We stand an actual chance of winning if only we get up off our ass's & go to work. We may not be able to go back in time & hand out ammo to the boys at Bastogne or re-storm Normandy, but we can help our country & we don't even have to risk bullets yet to do it.

The only reason I'm typing this here now is that the office is closed & I ran out of signs.
Link Posted: 2/24/2014 9:22:09 AM EDT
[#20]
Here is an interesting video about NC fisheries & how their livelihood is being threatened.

Yes it's a bit long but it's still both interesting & important to our economy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imZll1qBKB0

Link Posted: 3/2/2014 12:33:46 PM EDT
[#21]
I met Dr, Brannon yesterday at the Union county lincoln/reagan dinner.

The guy needs to glad hand more. passing out literature is not enough, he should make an honest effort to speak to each person at these type of events.
Link Posted: 3/2/2014 3:40:53 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

The guy needs to glad hand more. passing out literature is not enough, he should make an honest effort to speak to each person at these type of events.
View Quote

Just so we have some perspective, how many people are we talking about? If it is over 200, I can forgive him. That is a lot of people to get around to each and every one in a single event.
Link Posted: 3/2/2014 7:10:27 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

The way you posted this same thing in two different topics despite my explanation in the other one, gives me this vibe that your a Tillis/Harris guy.
Link Posted: 3/3/2014 7:55:16 AM EDT
[#25]

Thank you for this. Has anyone got the actually transcripts of the trial?
Link Posted: 3/3/2014 10:19:14 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Just so we have some perspective, how many people are we talking about? If it is over 200, I can forgive him. That is a lot of people to get around to each and every one in a single event.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

About 200... the thing is, I didn't see him introducing himself to anyone.  Granted it was a tough crowd, with most people supported tom tillis, but I dent in Union county can mean a lot.
Link Posted: 3/4/2014 3:16:18 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

I don't know about the transcript but I tweeted this link out the other day.  Trying to spread the word.  This guy needs to be our next Senator.
Link Posted: 3/4/2014 3:46:45 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I don't know about the transcript but I tweeted this link out the other day.  Trying to spread the word.  This guy needs to be our next Senator.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There are over 8 different offices in NC that could use volunteers making calls, if anyone wants to help more directly & it'd be a lot more helpful in getting his name out.
Link Posted: 3/4/2014 7:12:03 PM EDT
[#29]
I would love to put a sign in my front yard.  I will be back in the State in a few weeks and I am in Wayne County.  I live in a republican neighborhood and I think that a lot of them may be swinging towards Tillis.  Maybe a sign could spark up conversation and swing more to Brannon.
Link Posted: 3/4/2014 7:38:59 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I would love to put a sign in my front yard.  I will be back in the State in a few weeks and I am in Wayne County.  I live in a republican neighborhood and I think that a lot of them may be swinging towards Tillis.  Maybe a sign could spark up conversation and swing more to Brannon.
View Quote

That's why I keep one in my car window & wear the button when I'm out.
I only regret I lack more money to give.

I have never found a candidate in 8 years like Greg Brannon. For once I'm feeling like I can vote FOR someone instead of just voting for the guy I hate less.

And it really bothers me that supporting this guy is still a question mark for some people.....Tillis is a RINO and if people would just spend 10 minutes listening to Dr. Brannon they'd know exactly what they need to know. It's as if people have given up already on our country. I can kind of understand that but I'm too damn obstinate to roll over & die.

Link Posted: 3/4/2014 7:59:06 PM EDT
[#31]
I agree with you.  I really like what I have read about him so far, but that is all that I have done.  I have been out of the county for a few months and will be back pretty soon.  If I have the time when I get back I will do what I can to try and get the word out for Brannon.  This news story does not sway my opinion about him, if anything it makes it stronger because this has fishy written all over it.  Be it bye the Libs or the RINOS, Greg is posing a big threat to them and they are quite threatened......In my humble opinion.......
Link Posted: 3/6/2014 6:04:18 AM EDT
[#32]
Mike Lee endorses Brannon.

Link Posted: 3/6/2014 7:50:51 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Mike Lee endorses Brannon.

View Quote

This....

Link Posted: 3/6/2014 3:09:44 PM EDT
[#34]
I'd rather it have been a endorsement from the Duck Dynasty folks.....those guys are as popular as the Beatles were in their day & their views are pretty much identical, or so it seems.....
Link Posted: 3/7/2014 11:44:59 AM EDT
[#35]
The nice thing about being snowed in is that so many others are too. Hence time to make calls.

We're going to fix Tillis's little red wagon but good!
Link Posted: 3/7/2014 12:27:25 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
The nice thing about being snowed in is that so many others are too. Hence time to make calls.

View Quote

Need to get to his office and get a sign. They have stickers out yet?
Link Posted: 3/7/2014 2:39:18 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They've been out.
Link Posted: 3/7/2014 2:54:37 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

They've been out.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They've been out.

REALLY need to swing through.
Link Posted: 3/7/2014 10:39:09 PM EDT
[#39]
For those who don't venture into GD, this is the thread I made about Common Core curriculum.

I did not make the video, I just made the thread.  

Tillis is the one who agreed to Common Core in NC schools.

On the other hand, Greg Brannon is as against Common Core as you can be.

Link Posted: 3/9/2014 3:58:38 PM EDT
[#40]
Dr. Brannon was in Winston-Salem today with his family at the Cimarron steakhouse off south Stratford rd.

It was almost standing room only. He shook my hand numerous times & when I started talking about those WW2 rifles the Koreans wanted to send back to us & how we could have sold them for 343,500,000 dollars, he smiled & said I should run for office. In his defense, he doesn't' know me very well.  

I did get to have my picture taken with him though.

How do you spell Jesus? Brannon.  But seriously though, that guy is calm confident, can speak as eloquently as Thomas Jefferson & without a teleprompter.

We simply HAVE to have him win. Those of you who can't talk to people, send checks. Those who can't send checks, Volunteer. You can help out & don't have to talk to people to do it.
Link Posted: 3/10/2014 5:56:13 PM EDT
[#41]
For those not lucky enough to be there, here is a clip, there was more but the battery on the camera died.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmi41wnhQAI&feature=youtu.be
Link Posted: 3/16/2014 4:55:08 PM EDT
[#42]
I don't know if there are any "gun owners of America" members here, but they just endorsed Greg.....just FYI.
Link Posted: 3/17/2014 9:37:16 AM EDT
[#43]
I sold that guy a boat motor last year.
Seemed like a nice enough cat, but he was in a hurry to get back to Cary. It's a long run to Southport.
One of my divers that stays here regularly and is very politically involved around Cary doesn't seem to care for him much.
But then again he was preaching to me last trip about supporting Cristie.
So his opinion has been officially deemed invalid around here.  d:^)  Schneeks..
Link Posted: 3/20/2014 2:44:52 AM EDT
[#44]
Greg Brannon hits another home run on Glenn Beck show.  Man the Greg is impressive.... I could listen to him all day.  He knows his history all too well and knows we a doomed if something doesnt change.  

Here is anothe good article about the Brannon trial....
http://dailyhaymaker.com/?p=7446

Link Posted: 3/20/2014 4:17:38 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Greg Brannon hits another home run on Glenn Beck show.  Man the Greg is impressive.... I could listen to him all day.  He knows his history all too well and knows we a doomed if something doesnt change.  

Here is anothe good article about the Brannon trial....
http://dailyhaymaker.com/?p=7446

View Quote

For those not wanting to read all that, it basically reveals that the judge in Brannon's case was a previous donor to Hagan's campaign.

Sort of like McDonalds being the judge in a dispute between Wendy's & a McDonalds.

I made another 30 calls today & spoke to several people that were  thrilled with him. I urge all of you to donate now, as much as you can. This election is ours if we will but sacrifice a small bit now to ensure it.... even a small $20 will buy us 40 stamps with which to mail out literature.

Lets save America while there is still a bit to save...
Link Posted: 3/20/2014 5:19:56 PM EDT
[#46]
I was clicking through the Blaze and stumbled across this from the other day.....Glad he is getting publicity from them.  GO GREG!!!!

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/03/19/i-could-tongue-kiss-you-beck-really-likes-north-carolina-senate-candidate-greg-brannon/
Link Posted: 3/24/2014 6:41:19 AM EDT
[#47]
Don't forget the primary election is coming up soon on 6 May.

Be sure to put it on your calendar and if you have a conflict with the date, do some research and get your absentee ballot in or figure out how to cast an early ballot.

If Brannon win's the primary, I believe he will handily beat Hagan. The latest polls I looked at show that just about any Republican can beat her. I was extremely impressed with Brannon's performance on Beck the 2 times I have heard him. I am surprised he hasn't been on Hannity, or at least not that I am aware of.

It pissed me off when Karl Rove was on Fox news, (can't remember which show) but was comparing various senate races around the country and was pushing Tillis as the presumptive nominee against Hagan. I may not agree with Rove on every candidate, but still respect him as a political tactician, but he had me seeing "red" that night.
Link Posted: 3/24/2014 8:33:26 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Be sure to put it on your calendar and if you have a conflict with the date, do some research and get your absentee ballot in or figure out how to cast an early ballot.

If Brannon win's the primary, I believe he will handily beat Hagan. The latest polls I looked at show that just about any Republican can beat her. I was extremely impressed with Brannon's performance on Beck the 2 times I have heard him. I am surprised he hasn't been on Hannity, or at least not that I am aware of.

It pissed me off when Karl Rove was on Fox news, (can't remember which show) but was comparing various senate races around the country and was pushing Tillis as the presumptive nominee against Hagan. I may not agree with Rove on every candidate, but still respect him as a political tactician, but he had me seeing "red" that night.
View Quote

Tillis has hired Rove's (spit) firm to help him.
Link Posted: 3/25/2014 10:35:26 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yea what he said..... I am not liking Tillis too much seems like a snake oil salesman.   The establishment GOP seem to love him... so that makes me nervous.
Link Posted: 3/25/2014 10:41:46 AM EDT
[#50]
Also here are some decent local political sites...

Dailey Heymaker

Carolina Plothound

Beaufort Observer
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top