Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/6/2012 11:15:44 AM EDT

ETA:

The Firing Line

Now Open......Go see Gary and tell him Kale sent you!

Mon-Thurs 1000-1900
Fri-Sat        1000-2100
Sun            1300-1700

Phone 864-804-6720

The Firing Line LLC
8287 Asheville Hwy.
Spartanburg, SC 29316

Full Service Store, 18 Indoor Lanes (pistol & rifle), Classrooms for CWP & other instruction, On-site Smith, etc...

RANGE FEES    

* $15.00 a hour per lane
   * $7.50 a hour shared lane with regular paid customer
   * $10.00 per half hour
   * Two shooters max per lane

Safety Equipment
Safety Glasses - $1.50
Ear Protection - $2.50

Targets
Available from $1.00 up to $2.00

Customer Supplied Ammo Lead Recovery Fee  
$5.00 per visit for customer supplied center fire ammo
$0.50 per visit for customer supplied Rim Fire ammo      

INDIVIDUAL ANNUAL MEMBERSHIP

Membership will allow one person to have unlimited range time at The Firing Line LLC.

Member will also only need to renew their safety training annually.

Individual membership cost is $135.00 + Tax

Restrictions:

Membership is non-transferrable.

During peak hours management can limit range time to one hour if customers are waiting.

All other range rules apply.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

FAMILY ANNUAL MEMBERSHIP

Membership will allow two adults and up to two children under the age of 18 to have unlimited range time at The Firing Line LLC.

Members will also only need to renew their safety training annually.

Family membership cost is $199.00 + Tax

Restrictions:

Membership is non-transferrable.

All members must reside at the same address.

All members must be in system at time of activation.

Limit of two shooters per lane. Two Lane max per hour.

During peak hours management can limit range time to one hour if customers are waiting.

All other range rules apply.

A good deal of changes since initial opening, esp on the "Memberships".....Just found the updated prices on the web and thought I'd post here if anyone hadn't seen them....
Link Posted: 2/6/2012 2:16:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
http://www.fotolode.com/images/SCWolverine/flp.jpg

The Firing Line LLC
8287 Asheville Hwy.
Spartanburg, SC 29316

A Friend & Elmer of mine is opening an Indoor Range and Gun Shop here in town.  Stopped by today, they are working through a leaky roof and running about another 2 weeks behind.

Full Service Store, 18 Indoor Lanes (pistol & rifle), Classrooms for CWP & other instruction, On-site Smith, etc...

Will post more when it gets closer to Opening!

I hope range cost isn't as bad as Allen Arms. I have to take a shower everytime I leave that place, feels like I've been raped!
anybody wanta take a guess at what they charge for a 20rd box of silver bear 7.62x39??????                            $9

Link Posted: 2/7/2012 2:13:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I hope range cost isn't as bad as Allen Arms. I have to take a shower everytime I leave that place, feels like I've been raped!
anybody wanta take a guess at what they charge for a 20rd box of silver bear 7.62x39??????                            $9

Well, why don't you just bring your own ammo?  

Oh wait.......they charge $5 per person for that too.
Link Posted: 2/7/2012 4:19:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Never been there-no real reason to drive that far when I can shoot out here in the sticks whenever.  

Ive not been made privy to the fee schedule for the upcoming range, just passing on what I do know and will post further as time and information progress.  

Maybe there should be a different thread to discuss indoor ranges throughout the state and their pros and cons.
Link Posted: 2/7/2012 4:56:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Will they have rentals?  How about full auto rentals?
Link Posted: 2/7/2012 11:23:41 AM EDT
[#5]
i do 'believe' they will have rentals avail. nothing heard on anything class III.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 2/7/2012 11:38:54 AM EDT
[#6]
I'll have to check them out when they open; they aren't that far from where I work.
Link Posted: 2/12/2012 11:04:41 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/5/2012 11:21:01 AM EDT
[#8]
bump for opening day
Link Posted: 3/6/2012 4:47:29 AM EDT
[#9]
I'll have to check it out this week?
Link Posted: 3/7/2012 11:59:24 AM EDT
[#10]
Checked it out today... Nice facility but the range pricing will drive customers away.

$20 an hour + $10 hour for a second person on the same lane.

$500 for a membership but it doesnt get you in for free... 1/2 the hourly rate.

No thanks....
Link Posted: 3/7/2012 1:48:37 PM EDT
[#11]
sick kids, still haven't made it by. thanks for update!
Link Posted: 3/8/2012 8:37:31 AM EDT
[#12]
ya.... not worth it at all...  in response to the pricing
Link Posted: 3/8/2012 11:20:20 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Checked it out today... Nice facility but the range pricing will drive customers away.

$20 an hour + $10 hour for a second person on the same lane.

$500 for a membership but it doesnt get you in for free... 1/2 the hourly rate.

No thanks....

Ouch.
Link Posted: 3/9/2012 7:17:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Also heard the prices, $20/hour, $10/extra shooter, +5$ if you use your own ammo.

$750 for family, $500 for individual.

Was hoping to get in some range time this weekend at a new spot, but those prices are steep.  I have already lost money on "donor" membership on a indoor range that  was "planned" on Union street a few years back that never came to be.  I can take the economy car and save money by going to Greenville to be indoors, or down to Clinton if I HAVE to have a measured 100 yrd range.

I have my own 15 yrd pistol range on my property already, and the SPSA is just a few miles away.  Very disappointing.

Dredwolf
Link Posted: 3/13/2012 1:00:49 PM EDT
[#15]
Website now live, but no details listed.

I'm sick with whatever the kids have-still no visit for me.

FWIW, YMMV
Link Posted: 3/13/2012 6:59:25 PM EDT
[#16]

Had another friend visit this past weekend, he asked about the higher than expected prices.  He got a positive response, maybe the pricing will stabilize once they get up and running.  I would like to see a indoor range in Spartanburg succeed if at all possible.
Link Posted: 3/14/2012 6:11:56 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Had another friend visit this past weekend, he asked about the higher than expected prices.  He got a positive response, maybe the pricing will stabilize once they get up and running.  I would like to see a indoor range in Spartanburg succeed if at all possible.

Just got word the pricing is $15/hour....all I can tell you.  Plan to shoot on Monday coming and will bring back pics and service breakdown.

SCW
Link Posted: 3/15/2012 5:24:17 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just got word the pricing is $15/hour....all I can tell you.  Plan to shoot on Monday coming and will bring back pics and service breakdown.

SCW

Yep, just heard that too.   I know its only $5 bucks savings from the original $20, but if the wife and I go shoot, saving $10 could get breakfast, cover reloading supplies, gas to even go to the range, two boxes of buckshot, etc.  It all counts.

Yes, I am cheap.
Link Posted: 3/16/2012 3:40:18 AM EDT
[#19]
$15 an hour is still over the industry norm of $10 hour... They will get a good business at first, then the recreational occassional shooters won't come as often or go somewhere else...
I'm definitely willing to go shoot there at least once to try it out and say hello.... but won't become my "goto" range and thats a shame, because my "goto" range has gotten so busy that its hard to get lanes.
Link Posted: 3/16/2012 5:31:33 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:

SCW

what time are you planning on  going?
Link Posted: 3/19/2012 9:51:07 AM EDT
[#21]

$15 / lane /hour

$10/ hour for shared lane

$10 handgun rental (with TFL ammo only)

$15 long gun rental (with TFL ammo only)

$20 FFL Transfer (excludes NFA)

Safety Equip avail for rent, targets for sale

Customer Supplied Ammo

$5 /day

Had a great time, got the AR sighted in and tossed a few spares down the lane.  The store is still a little bare, but imagine more stock in on the way.  Classrooms a nice touch.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top