Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/23/2017 10:59:55 PM EDT
I am two episodes in.  I like it so far but they sure make everyone from the lake look like an inbred meth maker.
Link Posted: 7/24/2017 8:01:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/24/2017 10:02:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/24/2017 12:49:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/24/2017 5:13:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Fixed it for you.

Supposedly Sugar Creek is "The Meth Capital of the WORLD"

(Suburb of Independence, MO)
View Quote
Franklin and Jefferson County, MO used to trade that title back and forth.  I know Franklin Co was on that National Geographic episode for it.  Out on the west coast the "code name" for the good meth was "417".  Gives you some pride for your state!!!

Apparently most of that series was filmed in Georgia though..........
Link Posted: 7/24/2017 5:52:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Franklin and Jefferson County, MO used to trade that title back and forth.  I know Franklin Co was on that National Geographic episode for it.  Out on the west coast the "code name" for the good meth was "417".  Gives you some pride for your state!!!

Apparently most of that series was filmed in Georgia though..........
View Quote
That's what they said, however so far most of the scenery I have seen is clearly at the lake.  The second episode has Dogpatch and the strip, as well as the toll bridge into Sunrise beach in the background.
Link Posted: 7/24/2017 6:57:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

That's what they said, however so far most of the scenery I have seen is clearly at the lake.  The second episode has Dogpatch and the strip, as well as the toll bridge into Sunrise beach in the background.
View Quote
Green screen maybe??

There was an article in the STL post that rob Lowe was in the Ozarks at least once.  He claimed he had some big foot sighting or something.
Link Posted: 7/24/2017 8:49:24 PM EDT
[#7]
They did do some shooting on the strip/around the Lake.   I was talking to the bartender at Tucker Shuckers over the weekend about the show and they have some signed Bateman stuff upstairs.   

I'm going to start watching it right now and the meth heads can't be any worse than some of the people I see at the Osage Beach Walmart. 
Link Posted: 7/24/2017 9:55:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Lol, they definitely used some locals for scenes.  When Bateman was in the Dogpatch arcade, he was talking to the guy that has been there since I was a kid.  They couldn't have hired an actor to be better in the scene than the actual guy.

Eta:  Son of a bitch.  They just had to throw some disgusting gay junk in.  

Be warned, episode three with no warning has a gay sex scene.  
Link Posted: 7/25/2017 10:40:55 AM EDT
[#9]
 Thanks for the heads up, I only watched the first episode and I like it so far.   I hope they keep the gay stuff to a minimum, would be a lot better if they had a scene from the Flirt strip club instead. 
Link Posted: 7/25/2017 11:05:58 AM EDT
[#10]
So the pregnant stripper caught your eye eh?
Link Posted: 7/25/2017 11:23:47 AM EDT
[#11]
You must be thinking of GQ on the strip, there are definitely a few bubba's in there. 
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 9:51:27 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 12:00:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
So the pregnant stripper caught your eye eh?
View Quote
Now I get the reference and that definitely wasn't shot at GQ or Flirt.  
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 4:41:39 PM EDT
[#14]
I'm nine episodes in. Pretty good, wish they wouldn't have included the meat gazer stuff. Sure makes people from Missouri look like trash.
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 11:56:27 PM EDT
[#15]
Just finished it. Its good!
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 11:56:50 PM EDT
[#16]
Am I wrong?  I thought strip clubs like that were not legal after the law Carnahan signed went into affect.
Link Posted: 7/29/2017 12:10:20 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Am I wrong?  I thought strip clubs like that were not legal after the law Carnahan signed went into affect.
View Quote
Can't be fully nude.  Still tons of clubs around
Link Posted: 7/29/2017 12:11:58 AM EDT
[#18]
I was thinking they even had to wear pasties, and could only put money in a box on the stage.  I haven't been to one since pre-law.  I just remember thinking it was bullshit when they passed it.
Link Posted: 7/29/2017 12:27:02 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 7/29/2017 10:14:58 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I was thinking they even had to wear pasties, and could only put money in a box on the stage.  I haven't been to one since pre-law.  I just remember thinking it was bullshit when they passed it.
View Quote
The pasties are clear paint with glitter. Money goes wherever you want it to go honestly. My wife knows a few "dancers"
Link Posted: 7/29/2017 6:21:50 PM EDT
[#21]
I'm stuck after episode four.  My wife and I don't seem to be around at the same time to move on.

No spoilers!
Link Posted: 7/29/2017 10:18:40 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Can't be fully nude.  Still tons of clubs around
View Quote
Not on stage, but fully nude definitely still happens. 
Link Posted: 7/30/2017 12:57:13 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote
Like on a bus...parked next to the club
Link Posted: 7/30/2017 10:37:27 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Or maybe inside in the back rooms...
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 4:05:55 AM EDT
[#25]
The lake is a huge hotbed for all kinds of crime.

The reason Franklin and Jefferson are considered capitals.....they have great task force teams that fight the meth hard.  All of theses poor counties have horrible meth problems but under funded law enforcement that cannot make the numbers that the task forces can.  

So really by hitting the dealers hard you get the title of capital because you're giving the media a number to count.
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 4:12:18 AM EDT
[#26]
And let's be fair,  The meth capital of the world is Mexico.  That's where it all comes from now.  The amount of small time cooks has went down big time.
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 12:17:46 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
A guy here in St. Joseph had three different Strip Clubs, when the law passed he lost EVERYTHING!!!

Even his wife left him.
View Quote
@PursuitSS For some reason I thought you were in St. Louis.
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 9:31:24 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 11:05:42 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
The lake is a huge hotbed for all kinds of crime.

The reason Franklin and Jefferson are considered capitals.....they have great task force teams that fight the meth hard.  All of theses poor counties have horrible meth problems but under funded law enforcement that cannot make the numbers that the task forces can.  

So really by hitting the dealers hard you get the title of capital because you're giving the media a number to count.
View Quote
The guy who taught my CCW class was some player on the states anti meth task force - or whatever it was. He said that Jefferson County & Miller County (LOTO) kept trading that title back and forth.

But you're right. Poor counties in the Ozarks don't have the resources to fight meth, so it runs rampart. There were some parts of Miller County where you could smell chemicals in the air when you'd get out of your truck. Shoot, I even ran into a Miller County sheriff deputy that was high on meth once.
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 8:50:03 AM EDT
[#30]
Finished the series last night.......pretty freakin good.  The flashback episode SUCKED--could have skipped that one and not missed a thing.
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 9:52:51 AM EDT
[#31]
We finished it last night.

That old redneck chick is CRAZY!
Link Posted: 8/6/2017 9:20:10 PM EDT
[#32]
LMAO, I'm 1/2 way through the third episode.  This is great!
Link Posted: 8/6/2017 9:25:11 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 8/7/2017 1:17:20 AM EDT
[#34]
Me and the SO watched half of it this weekend, we're hooked. She's already asking if there is a season 2.
Link Posted: 8/7/2017 8:37:20 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I wish that they would have filmed more of it at Lake of the Ozarks instead of Georgia.
View Quote
Me too.

In one episode there is a scene with someone swimming and the camera is what appears to be in about ten feet of water and you can clearly see.  Lol, most of the time you'd be lucky to see your hand one foot down.
Link Posted: 8/7/2017 8:39:29 AM EDT
[#36]
Upon reading the recommendation of my esteemed Missouri firearm brethren, I have begun watching the series also. Interesting so far.
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 5:23:32 PM EDT
[#37]
Pretty sure it's filmed in Georgia. Not in Missouri

I've watched the show from start to end twice. I like it. It's a little over dramatic in some things.
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 5:25:15 PM EDT
[#38]
Most of the shooting locations are in the Atlanta area at Lake Allatoona and Lake Lanier, rather than at the Lake of the Ozarks, because of tax breaks offered by the State of Georgia. The film crew constructed a set in Georgia after extensively studying the Alhonna Resort property.
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 5:35:42 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 5:37:22 PM EDT
[#40]
Aw damn.

And I agree with the sugar creek comment.  I'm glad they finally closed that shitty disgusting hotel
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top