Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/22/2017 2:43:03 AM EDT
I am given to understand that state-level CLEOs are acceptable for CLEO notification for NFA items.  I'm wondering who qualifies as a state-level CLEO in Missouri?  I kind of figured it would be the superintendent of the Highway Patrol, but wanted to ask here to see if anyone knew.
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 5:01:00 AM EDT
[#1]
I am in no way an expert on the subject, but I believe you notify the sheriff of the county you live in.
Link Posted: 7/24/2017 8:06:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/25/2017 9:02:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The Sheriff has always been considered the highest LEO in a County.  Just send them a copy of your application and call it good.
View Quote
BUZZ! the County Coroner is generally the highest LEO in the county, The Prosecutor has been used in extremmis, I believe if you go STATE level you have to go to the State Police (Missouri State Patrol) not sure his title but perhaps Commandant? I'd just use the Sheriff... MUCH easier even in JACKSON County...
Link Posted: 7/25/2017 9:31:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/25/2017 10:43:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

The ONLY arrest Power a Coroner has is the ability to arrest the County Sheriff. It's part of the checks & balances system.

BATF might recognize the sign off, I know when I was a Class III we had used the Troop H Commander, a judge, the Sheriff, and the Chief of Police
View Quote
Fact Remains that the Coroner is considered higher up the chain than the Sheriff.... Prosecutor can be used in Lieu of Sheriff as well. Been done, but BATFE changes their minds at a whim...
Link Posted: 7/26/2017 8:18:35 AM EDT
[#6]
That's why that YouTube loon from Sullivan was running for Crawford Co. Coroner years ago......so he could arrest the sheriff if he won.  Then he allegedly displayed a gun during a traffic stop near St. Clair and got shot by troopers that stopped him.
Link Posted: 7/26/2017 8:38:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/26/2017 4:02:58 PM EDT
[#8]
I thought you only had to notify, not get a signature. Or is that just for trusts?
Link Posted: 7/26/2017 9:38:33 PM EDT
[#9]
The new NFA forms that are required since July 2016 have three sets of forms, two are sent to the ATF and one copy is sent to your CLEO as notification.

Quoted:
I thought you only had to notify, not get a signature. Or is that just for trusts?
View Quote
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top