Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/11/2017 6:32:38 PM EDT
Anyone from the Springfield area do any shooting in the Mark Twain Forrest? I went poking around the forest today and didn't find any places to shoot other than one small impromptu range near the north end.
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 9:43:37 AM EDT
[#1]
The MTNF is all over southern Missouri.

None of it particularly close to Springfield.

Your going to need to clarify where your talking about.
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 10:18:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Mostly looking at the area between Highways W and 125, south of the Sparta area.

Yesterday I went south from Ozark on Highway W to Cooper Road W-23 and found a trail off it, with a small messy range at the end.
Looking on the map it looks like there might be some options near Bar-K Wrangler Campsite. Also to the west just north and south of Pine ridge on H, if I can shoot on the area cleared for power lines.
Link Posted: 7/16/2017 10:49:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Here's an odd map of shooting ranges. Page 2 brings up more ranges not on page 1.

https://nature.mdc.mo.gov/discover-nature/find/places?activity[]=2830
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 5:23:14 PM EDT
[#4]
I shoot in that general area all the time. It is where i set up my steel targets. Just off of Hwy H. I wouldn't shoot in that power break. The last time I was there part of it was marked as private property, which strikes me as odd.
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 10:56:23 PM EDT
[#5]
I have in the past but not for probably 10 years.  Used to shoot ridge to ridge off Glade Top Trail.  These days I don't always shoot, but when I do, I prefer Pleasant Hope.
Edit:  Probably 15 or more years ago based on the vehicle I was driving at the time.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top