Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/25/2017 7:42:09 AM EDT
Not exactly how it sounds . . .

Some of you may know Paddy Malone's. It's a great Irish pub in Jefferson City. The hometown crew has met there in the past and we often recommend it to visitors. It's just a really cool pub with good food. The owner, Alan, is a cool guy. He and his wife live above the bar, which is located about a block from the Missouri River, near the bridge.

Anyway . . .

Apparently, Alan got lit one night and fired a flintlock rifle off the back deck. I'm guessing maybe this was the old rifle he keeps as a decoration piece on the wall of the pub. It doesn't sound like he loaded a ball into the gun but rather just let sparks fly. The cops showed up. Alan DID IT AGAIN in front of them. He was arrested.

Now, the pub's liquor license is being reviewed. Who knew that the liquor control board got involved in stuff like this?

Brothers, this would be a tragedy if Paddy's got shut down. This is more than a bar. It's a Jefferson City institution. In fact, Alan claims it's the oldest bar in the state. Besides, that, the hamburgers and onion rings are wonderful. And they pour a proper Guiness. We should probably block highways or demand justice or something. Short of that, hope for the best . . .

http://www.newstribune.com/news/local/story/2017/jun/23/liquor-control-board-discuss-paddy-malones-firearm-incident/679239/

Sounds like they're going to work something out . . .

Maybe Alan will get a pass . . .

JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. - The Jefferson City Liquor Control Board voted to table a discussion Thursday on an incident with a gun at a popular bar . . .

Richard Callahan, the attorney for Molly Malone Enterprises, sent the city a letter requesting that the liquor control board table the issue for 30 days to come to an agreement with the city, according to Assistant City Counselor Bryan Wolford.

Wolford said Paddy Malone's would admit that there was a violation and work out a subsequent consequence with the city. That would nullify any future need of a hearing and would shorten the process.
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 12:15:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Yikes.

They do have good food, and that beautiful little Turkish waitress.
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 10:45:41 PM EDT
[#2]
That place is way too claustrophobic for me.  I didn't even wait to get a table
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 7:24:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Dang... That is good food and a not too bright thing to do.  

Hope it stays open.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 9:09:20 AM EDT
[#4]
That place is a hidden gem. Great food and employees. The only place in town to pour a proper Guinness, as mentioned above. It's not like Alan to do something like that.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 12:48:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Here's an oldie for ya.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 1:03:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Wow! That is an old one. Great times.
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 3:17:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Damn I ate there the last time I was in Jeff City. Good food, and a pretty dumb thing to do especially that close to the capitol
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top