Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/18/2017 9:24:23 PM EDT
Will be coming through KC this week and was wondering what good gun shops, independent tool stores and sporting good stores to stop at.

Duluth Trading and Northern Tool are planed stops Independence.
Link Posted: 6/18/2017 10:24:24 PM EDT
[#1]
From Duluth Trading there are 3 gun shops all within a short drive. CR Sales, Target Time, and Frontier Justice. I've only been to CR and it's a nice gun shop with a pretty decent selection and is well staffed.

Target Time and Frontier Justice are ranges too. I've not been to either but I believe you can shoot FA weapons at both places. Frontier Justice is billed as an upscale gun shop and range, and boutique.

ETA there is a 4th if you count Arms Mart/Crossfire Recreation, which is another gun shop/range not far from Duluth Trading. I just doubt you'd be heading in that direction for any other reason and Arms Mart's prices are usually on the high side, sometimes absurdly high.

I've been to Northern Tool and honestly I would probably go down the street to Harbor Freight before I went back to NT. Nothing against them, I just didn't think they were anything special.

Hope you have a nice time in KC.
Link Posted: 6/18/2017 10:27:38 PM EDT
[#2]
If you're going to be Independence, you may as well stop in Bass Pro. And Roger's Sporting Goods for a locally owned place.For tools (don't know excatly what you want or need) go to Clark Tools in Claycomo. They carry SK hand tools, which are very good, professional type hand tools. And ither atuff as well. For tools such as chainsaws look at Feldman's. It's basically a Tractor Supply Co, but locally owned.

As for gun Shops, Frontier Justice (just for the range, not the prices) And Target Time Defense are not too far from Bass Pro. Great Guns is in the same lot as Roger's.
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 10:08:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Target Time and Frontier Justice are ranges too. I've not been to either but I believe you can shoot FA weapons at both places. Frontier Justice is billed as an upscale gun shop and range, and boutique.

Hope you have a nice time in KC.
View Quote
Both Target Time and Frontier Justice rent full-autos. However, if you want to shoot your own then Frontier Justice is the choice, for some reason Target Time doesn't allow full-auto other than their own rentals. So, when I want to shoot the M10/45 I have to drive to Frontier Justice. Too bad, Target Time is a lot closer to where I live and I prefer to shoot there.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top