Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/15/2017 11:09:27 PM EDT
Pretty cool old stuff.  Made mid 1890s mostly....

http://i967.photobucket.com/albums/ae154/Iam2taz/Mobile%20Uploads/20170612_110427_zpsejhwzdae.jpg

http://i967.photobucket.com/albums/ae154/Iam2taz/Mobile%20Uploads/20170612_110702_zps1v6ytyjc.jpg

and a little hammerless Iverson made in 1896.
Link Posted: 6/15/2017 11:10:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Colt
Link Posted: 6/15/2017 11:30:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Is that a Schofield? Those are awesome! I have a Winchester model 73 (I believe) that I got from one of my grandpa's! Probably my favorite gun.The thing shoots great!
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 12:02:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Nice!
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 7:00:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
[b]Quoted:[
Is that a Schofield? Those are awesome! I have a Winchester model 73 (I believe) that I got from one of my grandpa's! Probably my favorite gun.The thing shoots great!
View Quote
Schofields were single action top break revolvers.   The S&W is probably a .44-40.  The second is a clone of it made in Belgium at around the same time. 1890s.  I have shot the clone with my granddad.    Good memory and a good time.
He had the Colt in his rocking chair by the front door.
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 7:09:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Schofields were single action top break revolvers.   The S&W is probably a .44-40.  The second is a clone of it made in Belgium at around the same time. 1890s.  I have shot the clone with my granddad.    Good memory and a good time.
He had the Colt in his rocking chair by the front door.
View Quote
My grandpa kept his rifle loaded in the machine shed. Used it to shoot at coyotes that tried to get at his cattle. I'll never forget walking up there once to see him shooting at the coyotes and yelling to get off his property. When we were cleaning everything up before they sold the farm, my uncle knocked the rifle over. Firing it, barely missing my uncle and putting a hole through the barn.
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 9:29:49 PM EDT
[#6]
If your S&W is a .44 cal then it is probably .44 Russian cartridge.
Link Posted: 6/17/2017 12:12:59 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

My grandpa kept his rifle loaded in the machine shed. Used it to shoot at coyotes that tried to get at his cattle. I'll never forget walking up there once to see him shooting at the coyotes and yelling to get off his property. When we were cleaning everything up before they sold the farm, my uncle knocked the rifle over. Firing it, barely missing my uncle and putting a hole through the barn.
View Quote
Thats funny...
Link Posted: 6/17/2017 12:15:17 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
If your S&W is a .44 cal then it is probably .44 Russian cartridge.
View Quote
Another forum helped me with the ID.  SW 1st model. - Most likely .44 Russian.  I can take it to a local gun shop and try a .44 SPL in it.  If the cartridge sticks out .2" then it is the Russian.  Looking at the chamber that is what I believe it is.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top