Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/27/2017 4:26:56 PM EDT
Went by when I found out they were closing to see if there were any good deals.

Ammo, 5% off.
Firearms, 10% off.
Rifle accessories, 20% off.

I didn't buy any guns or ammo as the price still seemed too high, even after the discount.

I picked up a set of Magpul BUIS for my SBR.  I had been using fixed LMT sights, but they get in the way now that I have an AimPoint PRO.  I had been wanting these forever anyway, so now I had no excuse.

I was tempted to pick up some more PMAGs, but I decided to just go with the sights for now.

I may go back in a few days to see if the prices go down or not.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 10:31:55 PM EDT
[#1]
I've went into a GM store twice.  The prices were way too high and I never went back...  From what I remember, if they have things 5-20% off now, they may be getting closer to other retailers pricing.
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 5:37:27 PM EDT
[#2]
I stopped by there last week and found pretty much the same as what you gents said. Even with the sale, the prices were still too high.
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 7:16:51 PM EDT
[#3]
You do know that all famdwr mountains are closing right?
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 7:21:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 9:24:25 PM EDT
[#5]
I went into the one in Chesterfield that's like 6 months old looking at Kayaks that were marked all the way down to ... wait for it....... 10 fucking percent off.  yes 10%, I burst out laughing, couldn't help it and turned to my brother and loudly said WTF is this for real????????  I could buy the same kayak just about anywhere else for full list AND pay shipping and AND IT'S STILL CHEAPER.  Gee can't figure our why they are going under.
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 10:36:12 PM EDT
[#6]
I didn't realize until afterwards that they were all closing.

I almost took a picture of the front door.  They have a "Now Hiring!" sign right next to the "Going Out of Business" sign.
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 12:26:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I didn't realize until afterwards that they were all closing.

I almost took a picture of the front door.  They have a "Now Hiring!" sign right next to the "Going Out of Business" sign.
View Quote
ya the local kmart that is also closing has the same sign.  the cashier I was talking to while checking out was hired a day before they decided to close the store, sucks for her.
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 12:16:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Someone told me that cabellas or bass pro night them out.
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 12:45:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Neither of those 2 want gander.  An investment firm bought the assets and closing them out.

Bass pro is trying to cabelas.  They are having issues with their credit card side that is holding the deal up.
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 5:31:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote
IIRC Camping World bought the GM stores.
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 8:35:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote
Bass pro was buying Cabela's......Cabela's doesn't have any money to buy anything.  Apparently BP wanted them for their credit card company or something like that--they are a ton of people have/use a Cabela's CC for the points.
Link Posted: 5/31/2017 11:54:56 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Bass pro was buying Cabela's......Cabela's doesn't have any money to buy anything.  Apparently BP wanted them for their credit card company or something like that--they are a ton of people have/use a Cabela's CC for the points.
View Quote
This is the way I understand it as well..  

Not that I shop there a whole lot, but Cabela's is probably my favorite of the all the major box stores for outdoor/gun stuff, so I hope they don't go out of business, close or change into BPs... 

Also, afraid of what might happen to them, due to the demise of Mills Mall...  I would not mind it, if they would shut that one and move down south a bit, to South County or Arnold or something...  I know they would never come any further down than that...
Link Posted: 5/31/2017 12:24:22 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
This is the way I understand it as well..  

Not that I shop there a whole lot, but Cabela's is probably my favorite of the all the major box stores for outdoor/gun stuff, so I hope they don't go out of business, close or change into BPs... 

Also, afraid of what might happen to them, due to the demise of Mills Mall...  I would not mind it, if they would shut that one and move down south a bit, to South County or Arnold or something...  I know they would never come any further down than that...
View Quote
They never should have put it there in the first place.  They got greedy selling out their pro-2A customer base by taking anti-2A Hazelwood's TIF money.  That 2% tax on ammo & guns was total slap in the face to anyone that purchased there.  They didn't put a 2% tax on shoes or books in that mall.  Luckily the state legislature shot that down.  But, still f@ck Cabela's for doing that!!

They would have been much better off putting that place in Chesterfield Valley.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top