Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/15/2017 8:21:34 PM EDT
Might be escaping Illinois sooner than I thought!!!  67 Gun Club is the shizznit, right?
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 9:11:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Might be escaping Illinois sooner than I thought!!!  67 Gun Club is the shizznit, right?
View Quote
Good Luck!!!

I'm a few exits down in Fredericktown, but I do enjoy me some 67 Gun Club and several of the comps they have there....  Everyone is really cool...  Have not experienced any egos at all...  Nor Range Nazis either....

Pumpkin heavier and I shoot a lot of the Pistol Bowling Pin shoots there.  You'll have to join us sometime.

You going to be in town or outskirts/more rural area???

Where you going to be working, Do you have a Job lined up???? 
This is a really nice area to live in other an the job situation....  I think 30-40K is considered a dang good job unless you want to drive 2 hrs, each way...
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 11:54:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Good Luck!!!

I'm a few exits down in Fredericktown, but I do enjoy me some 67 Gun Club and several of the comps they have there....  Everyone is really cool...  Have not experienced any egos at all...  Nor Range Nazis either....

Pumpkin heavier and I shoot a lot of the Pistol Bowling Pin shoots there.  You'll have to join us sometime.

You going to be in town or outskirts/more rural area???

Where you going to be working, Do you have a Job lined up???? 
This is a really nice area to live in other an the job situation....  I think 30-40K is considered a dang good job unless you want to drive 2 hrs, each way...
View Quote
It's pretty much in town, in a subdivision about 10 yrs old.

I'm bringing my job/business with me.  I work from home.  My only requirements are high speed internet and a USPS office.  Fortunately, Charter cable and AT&T U-verse are both available at this location.  My realtor gave their realtor until 5PM tomorrow to answer the offer.  Really hoping this goes through.  I've been looking since January and not found "the one" until today.
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 10:32:13 AM EDT
[#3]
I hope it all works out for you!!
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 12:55:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Sweet. You'll love it here.

Farmington is the "metro" area around here so the 15k population isn't really accurate to the towns size.

Let us know when you get here and we'll do some shooting.
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 3:29:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Sweet. You'll love it here.

Farmington is the "metro" area around here so the 15k population isn't really accurate to the towns size.

Let us know when you get here and we'll do some shooting.
View Quote
I hope it happens... They have until 5PM today to respond to the offer, and it's 2:30 now.  It's a nail biter.
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 9:15:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Close mid June, they accepted my offer.
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 6:38:24 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 11:25:15 AM EDT
[#8]
Home inspection tomorrow!  Stoked!!!!
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 12:17:11 PM EDT
[#9]
http://www.67gunclub.org/

The application is on the site.

Let us know when you get here and maybe some members can get together to shoot.  If I can make it, I'll bring machine guns.  Mmm the sound of freedom.
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 2:15:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
http://www.67gunclub.org/

The application is on the site.

Let us know when you get here and maybe some members can get together to shoot.  If I can make it, I'll bring machine guns.  Mmm the sound of freedom.
View Quote
Machine gun?  What's that?  We don't have them there assault rifle things in IL.
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 9:56:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Machine gun?  What's that?  We don't have them there assault rifle things in IL.
View Quote
LOL    Welcome to the free state....
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 11:56:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote
Good deal!
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 4:50:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote
Congrats!
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 12:21:49 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote
Congrats!  I used to be a member at 67 Gun Club (until I moved to Jefferson City); it's a great place.  Asymmetric Solutions is over at Doe Run too.  There's lots of great outdoors stuff to do in Southern MO.
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 3:53:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Just started consolidating/organizing/packing the reloading stuff.  Amazing what you don't realize you have until you move.
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 11:23:11 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Just started consolidating/organizing/packing the reloading stuff.  Amazing what you don't realize you have until you move.
View Quote
Yeah I don't even want to think about it!!!
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 12:50:26 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Yeah I don't even want to think about it!!!
View Quote
I don't even own a .40 S&W anymore, but yet I still have 500 plus projectiles... I have 8x57 Mauser brass, but yet the Mauser left two years ago or more.  /smh
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 4:41:55 PM EDT
[#18]
How would the personal property tax work on a drag vehicle?  It won't be street licensed.  How is the value assessed?
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 2:38:47 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
How would the personal property tax work on a drag vehicle?  It won't be street licensed.  How is the value assessed?
View Quote
That is a good question, unfortunately one I don't have an answer for. I know a guy in Fredericktown with a drag car I'll see if I can dig up some info for you.

As far as the .40 cal projectiles go I have a 10MM so I might be interested in them when you get here and settled in.
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 8:17:14 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote
I "know" some people that have quite a few unlicensed vehicles that don't show up on the tax assessment....
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 9:36:55 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I "know" some people that have quite a few unlicensed vehicles that don't show up on the tax assessment....
View Quote
I can find ZERO information on how personal property taxes are calculated....  How can they apply a tax if there's no information on it?
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 6:09:18 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I can find ZERO information on how personal property taxes are calculated....  How can they apply a tax if there's no information on it?
View Quote
Its calculated off of some bs $ figure. Its really not a huge deal at all....our state income taxes and vehicle license fees are much lower than most states so it all evens out.

I think the highest mine has been was around $450/year. I had 2 pretty new motorcycles, two vehicles around 7 years old, a handful of utility trailers, a couple older Jon boats, etc.

All taxes are theft, PP tax isn't as bad as it sounds.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 2:47:11 PM EDT
[#23]
I was told that the tax is based on the value of the car if it is stock. I'm not sure what yours is, if I remember correctly it's a truck. I would guess that most people don't even pay PP tax on their toys, at least around here. Good luck getting it sorted out.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 2:50:33 PM EDT
[#24]
[email protected] I would guess this is who you would pose your questions to.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 3:52:24 PM EDT
[#25]
Yeah, it's a bit beyond stock.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 5:25:13 PM EDT
[#26]
I asked a guy that hangs out at the Bonne Terre track. He says he asked the owner of the track and the answer above is what he told him.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 6:25:10 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I asked a guy that hangs out at the Bonne Terre track. He says he asked the owner of the track and the answer above is what he told him.
View Quote
The answer above being the e-mail address, or that they don't show up on the assessment?

I emailed the address above today, inquiring about the 2012 GMC, the 2010 28' enclosed trailer, and the 1965 GMC that will never be street licensed.  Awaiting their reply.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 7:27:22 PM EDT
[#28]
That's just a farm truck.  It'll be cheap.  

I've lived in four states.  Missouri is middle of the road on our total taxes between Michigan (Highest) Missouri, Indiana and Tennessee.   At least they were for me and my family.  

Welcome to a mostly free state!
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 7:51:27 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

That's just a farm truck.  It'll be cheap.  

I've lived in four states.  Missouri is middle of the road on our total taxes between Michigan (Highest) Missouri, Indiana and Tennessee.   At least they were for me and my family.  

Welcome to a mostly free state!
View Quote
Yup, but it doesn't use gas or diesel... Runs on unicorn farts and pixie dust!
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 1:05:59 AM EDT
[#30]
That the assessment is based on the book value of a factory stock vehicle the same year as the one you have.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 11:21:51 AM EDT
[#31]
Ok, so I received a reply from the Assessor's office today.  I have replied to her, asking for clarification.

Thank you for your inquiry.  We are required by state statute to tax your vehicle at the clean trade-in value listed in the NADA guide and then at 33% of what that guide lists your vehicle at, which is the assessed value.  Each year in October our local school districts set their tax levy's which vary from year to year but somewhere in the neighborhood of 5.5%.  Hope this answers your question.  Any other questions or concerns, please give our office a call at the number listed below.  Have a good day.
View Quote
And, what I sent back to her:

So, as an example...  If I have a vehicle that has a clean trade of $30,000.  I multiply that by .33 to come up with the figure of $9900.  I then multiply that number by .055 (5.5%) to come up with $544.50.  Is that correct?

What about the older vehicle, from 1965 that NADA does not cover?  What about the 28' enclosed car trailer, which again, the NADA does not cover?
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 3:01:16 PM EDT
[#32]
Finally... Some further concrete info.

Yes, I was correct in my math above.

Second, vehicles 20+ yrs old are assessed at a flat $50

Third, still nothing back on how car trailers are assessed.  It's like pulling teeth.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 8:08:54 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 12:06:12 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
The assessors like to make it up as they go along.

You will declare the property you owned on January 1.  Then you have to convince the assessor that your trailer is not worth a bazillion dollars after they make the first estimate.

Don't declare anything without a title or tags.

They're gonna tax your chickens, too.
View Quote
Well, I still have the receipt for the trailer.  Paid $4500 for it.  So, based on their maths...  $4500 * .33 * .055 = $81.68 max.

*ETA*  Seems to me like this is all transparent as mud, when it should not be.  Why not just post the info on the website instead of making people pull teeth to get the info?
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 9:54:33 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 4:05:42 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

You're in rural Missouri, and your expectations are high.

Here's what passes for a web site for Wright County, a link from the industrial development authority site -

http://www.wrightcountymo.com/county%20gov.html

The sheriff has his own site.

I'd let the assessor make the first move on valuation.  You might have a $1000 trailer from their perspective.
View Quote
Nice website, if you're 12, and that's your first one.
Link Posted: 5/31/2017 12:03:28 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote
Nice!!!  Congrats on the new Home!!!

Let us know when you get all settled in or if you need anything and we'll see what we can do...  I'm guessing you're about a half hour or even less from most of us down here....

Also we'll have to meet up to show you the range and maybe drinks after...  Seems one of the Mexican places or B.W.W. are the popular spots for such festives...
Link Posted: 5/31/2017 2:25:19 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Nice!!!  Congrats on the new Home!!!

Let us know when you get all settled in or if you need anything and we'll see what we can do...  I'm guessing you're about a half hour or even less from most of us down here....

Also we'll have to meet up to show you the range and maybe drinks after...  Seems one of the Mexican places or B.W.W. are the popular spots for such festives...
View Quote
Right on.  We just negotiated the final price today after the home inspection.  They're giving me a $5k credit on closing costs, to which I will use all of.  Let's me keep more cash in pocket without changing terms on the loan.  So, assuming the home appraises, to which I have no doubt that it will, official closing date is 6/23 and I'll be moving in that weekend.  Thank God I have a 28' enclosed trailer for the race truck.  That will be a big boon on moving.  Won't have to climb the pitched ramp like a U-Haul truck has.  Drop the door and load away at only 14" above the ground.  First load will be the drag truck and trailer contents, second load will be everything else.  Can't wait!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top