Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/14/2017 3:42:15 PM EDT
Have a couple of CMP Greek Rack Grades sitting in the basement - they were what?? 275 bucks - considering the current price from CMP I am thinking of getting them rebuilt into Service grade  with new barrels and stocks and prettied up too - Anyone in MO or IL that is capable of this service?  Thinking of going 308 on these but with new production PPU available would you suggest staying with 30-06?
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 5:43:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Roland Beaver of Old Corps Weaponry in Bald Knob, Arkansas is the best Garand mechanic in the country.  Getting up there in years but still turning out fine work.  He may be more than you are looking for.
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 6:47:57 PM EDT
[#2]
http://shuffsparkerizing.com/

I had a garand rebuilt and park'd from this place.  VERY nice.
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 8:46:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 6:39:37 PM EDT
[#4]
YES - Shuffs looks good - I see some fellas at the local gun shows hawking raffle tickets for a very pretty rifle from up by Owensville- - just wondering if there was someone in state - perhaps get some free tutorials when picking it up - spent too much money on Hillary AR's and time to get back to the old machinery - Going with 30-06 after all that's  what Garands are .....
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 4:34:22 PM EDT
[#5]
+1 on Shuffs.  Sent one of mine to him a few years ago and it came back looking great.
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 8:38:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Make one a mini g! That's what I want do with one
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 4:33:28 PM EDT
[#7]
http://thecmp.org/cmp_sales/custom-gunsmithing/services-for-the-m1-garand/
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top