Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/11/2017 3:59:15 PM EDT
http://fox4kc.com/2017/04/11/one-dead-in-explosion-at-independence-ammunition-plant/

Can't hot link from phone, sorry.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 4:04:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Don't we have some MOHTF guys that work/worked there?  Everybody ok?
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 4:46:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Robert I was thinking that too. My wife just texted me about the explosion, so I headed straight here to see what arf knew about it.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 4:59:54 PM EDT
[#3]
If you are talking about afsoc then he left years ago.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 5:09:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
I honestly don't know.  I just remember it being discussed here.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 6:10:39 PM EDT
[#5]
I had a couple friends that worked there at one time, but they left a few years ago. My condolences to all involved.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 9:25:08 PM EDT
[#6]
My best friend has family there, all of whom are OK. He was waiting to hear about any others he knew.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 9:56:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
That's who I was thinking of...

prayers to the families of the affected.
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 12:50:00 AM EDT
[#8]
Made hot.
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 3:15:49 AM EDT
[#9]
it's been 25 years since I worked @ LCAAP
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 11:01:38 PM EDT
[#10]
I left LCAAP when they got a union in and I got excessed from my $25.02 hr Cal Lab job to Packing in March then was told that my pay would reduce in August from $18 to $14... By Union Contract...

I then went to work for Norfolk Southern Railway as a Rail Crewman then as a Rail Supervisor...

Now I pretty much work for Me...

Orbital Sciences/ATK is the current operator of the facility and they are intent on running it... into the ground.
Most of what is made doesn't past test and sits around in buggies.

We said before I left they would keep on with this long hours and budget cuts shit until someone gets killed, then they will probably cut pay again and keep the longer hours with less experience....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top