Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/29/2017 6:06:29 PM EDT
I'm going to be calling some people tomorrow but I figured I'd get an idea from anyone that may have recently had a retaining wall put in/replaced. I went outside to let the dogs do their business when I noticed the railroad tie retaining wall is leaning/crumbling. It measures 45 feet long and 3.5 feet tall.

Any ideas on a WAG price or who to go through?
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 11:29:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Gosh, it would be REALLY expensive to put a retaining wall all the way around Jeff City . . . .
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 7:59:45 AM EDT
[#2]
I built one similar two years ago.  I think I was at about $2K with discounted backhoe work, free skidsteer work and all labor provided by myself and buddies.  The beer and pizza bill was probably $200.  I used the 6" tall blocks.  Stockman was a little cheaper than Midwest Block and Brick.
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 12:05:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Gosh, it would be REALLY expensive to put a retaining wall all the way around Jeff City . . . .
View Quote
FUAROCK... I just came in here to post that!
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 1:48:12 AM EDT
[#4]
While you're at it put one around Columbia!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top