Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/21/2017 10:18:36 PM EDT
Been abt 5 years since I left MO for Arkansas and miss the BWW, Em Chamas, movie nights, and meet/greet/shoots I used to attend with all of you MO peeps.  The nearest organized pistol/rifle matches are abt 1.5 hrs away, and I just haven't found my close group of gun friends like I had in MO. Everyone has guns here, a shit ton of people have their SOTs, but most have land and shoot in their backyards on their own. We have 4 gun shops and 5 more gun/pawn stores in my town of 23,000 people and it's a "dry county" (no alcohol sales in the county).

Overall life is good, just got engaged (same womderful woman of 5 years),  a new career (actually an old one that let get away from me for a while), prob looking to move to TX in the future as I'm based in Houston and commute back/forth from Little Rock, but I def miss the MO HTF stuff.....

Oh well, hope all is well with everyone!!

scottMO
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 12:05:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Been abt 5 years since I left MO for Arkansas and miss the BWW, Em Chamas, movie nights, and meet/greet/shoots I used to attend with all of you MO peeps.  The nearest organized pistol/rifle matches are abt 1.5 hrs away, and I just haven't found my close group of gun friends like I had in MO. Everyone has guns here, a shit ton of people have their SOTs, but most have land and shoot in their backyards on their own. We have 4 gun shops and 5 more gun/pawn stores in my town of 23,000 people and it's a "dry county" (no alcohol sales in the county).

Overall life is good, just got engaged (same womderful woman of 5 years),  a new career (actually an old one that let get away from me for a while), prob looking to move to TX in the future as I'm based in Houston and commute back/forth from Little Rock, but I def miss the MO HTF stuff.....

scottMO
View Quote

Hell of a drive....even if only done on the weekends.  There are some good peeps in Arkansas...buddy of mine moved down there and took over his sisters 200 acres , said he was going to manage it for her....lol.  She lives in D.C.  Sounds like you are in a good spot...minus the dry county
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 11:23:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 4:39:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Yo! Glad to hear all is well. I think we may still have the Paul Blart stand up somewhere around lol
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 9:11:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Hello Scott,

It is great to hear from you. Congrats on getting engaged.  Let us know when you are going to be in KC and we will get out for some shooting.  It has been a long time since we were able to go to a local shoot.  We try to shoot at the property when we get time to make the trip on weekends.

Raj and the girls will miss you this year w/o the OFASTS shoot.

Bret

Quoted:

scottMO
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 3:50:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Hey Scott.  I miss the shoots too.   We don't seem to do much here anymore.   No good places to shoot FA since Chad left the old place.

It's great you're doing well.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 8:44:35 PM EDT
[#6]
y'all too but I ain't giving up Florida to go back.
Beaches, 12 months of spring/summer and gator hunting. No real ranges nearby but I just can't give up the water and beaches.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 9:40:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Hey Scott.  I miss the shoots too.   We don't seem to do much here anymore.   No good places to shoot FA since Chad left the old place.

It's great you're doing well.
View Quote
I got out of the full auto game in Dec of 2015. When I saw the HK sear prices starting to hit 30k, I Sold my HK sear and all 6 hosts. This allowed me to pay off some debt, and put some $ into getting current on my flying again and I now fly for a living. I still have a bunch of SBRs and SBSs and my monthly Ammo fund is alot lower now.  When miss the FA stuff bad enough, I go visit my local SOT as he likes to demo stuff all the time.

scottMO
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 2:04:06 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Yo! Glad to hear all is well. I think we may still have the Paul Blart stand up somewhere around lol
View Quote
Yes, yes we do!
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 8:12:18 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I got out of the full auto game in Dec of 2015. When I saw the HK sear prices starting to hit 30k, I Sold my HK sear and all 6 hosts. This allowed me to pay off some debt, and put some $ into getting current on my flying again and I now fly for a living. I still have a bunch of SBRs and SBSs and my monthly Ammo fund is alot lower now.  When miss the FA stuff bad enough, I go visit my local SOT as he likes to demo stuff all the time.

scottMO
View Quote
I do as well. The office has a nice view doesn't it?
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 9:01:36 AM EDT
[#10]
Yes it does, except for today and yesterday's weather.
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 4:47:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Just stepping in to say hi Scott!
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 12:18:39 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

scottMO
View Quote

You forgot the super awesome shoots at chad9mm's!!!!
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 8:06:45 AM EDT
[#13]
Oh, I didn't forget them at all. Prior to that, I was organizing private shoots at crossfire indoor range. Yours were better. :)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top