Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/16/2017 2:26:07 AM EDT
I have a new LGS that is on the way home from work, but he doesn't really want to do them I don't think so he charges kind of high. He talks about the time involved with paperwork, which I understand....but couldn't he fill out paperwork when the shop is empty? Sounds like free money to me. To each his own I guess.

I did get him down some to transfer a 5 pack of lowers I am wanting to buy, but he insists that he must fill out a multiple firearm purchase form to send the man. Everything I see on the net says it is not done on lower receivers, but he says the law changed and now you do.

So,

1. Does he have to fill out the multiple purchase form for rifles and unfinished receivers? (Looks like it expires this year anyway)

2. Who does cheap transfers and wants my business?
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 9:03:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 7:27:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Just to transfer from KC to St. Joseph, I'd drive em myself......  

sorry, had to...
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 9:57:17 PM EDT
[#3]
FOR A   FACT   ---  YOU DO NOT FILL OUT MULTIPLE PURCHASE FORM ON STRIPPED LOWERS
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 9:58:49 PM EDT
[#4]
So what did you pay for a 5 pack of lowers of what kind that you could not have bought cheaper here ?
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 10:56:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Tyler woods, guns n game in Kearny $20
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 11:03:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So what did you pay for a 5 pack of lowers of what kind that you could not have bought cheaper here ?
View Quote
I haven't bought them yet.

I don't particularly like driving or shopping out of my way if I don't have to, so I don't get out locally much.  I am wanting to do a build with each of my 5 kids for their birthdays, and have mostly been shopping online. I'm new to the build game so there's that also, plus my LGS doesn't have any in stock. I would love to hear of some good shops in the area worth hitting up though, so please share.

I did see Cabela's has or at least had some andersons for 50 bucks. I think I want low shelf.

I am also in the market for someone local to get my first suppressor this year.
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 10:07:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Let me know if you need any help on the suppressor.  I can also handle transfers for lowers or get some in for you.  We are in the KC area (Lees Summit).
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 2:39:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks SUB MG.
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 6:58:36 PM EDT
[#9]
No, the dealer does not have to fill out a multiple form for lowers.  Just handguns.

If you buy from Cabelas, you will have to transfer them to a dealer on the missouri side.  Stripped lowers are handled like pistols in that manner.  Cant purchase pistols outside of your state of residence.

And most dealers (myself included) dont want to do transfers because of the clientele.  They watch their purchase come across country all week, and as soon as they see its been delivered they start lighting up their phone and email.

Whats wrong with supporting your local dealer?
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 10:34:29 AM EDT
[#10]
I use Sub-mg for all my transfers, and I have a can sitting in nfa jail with him right now.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 8:50:32 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
FOR A   FACT   ---  YOU DO NOT FILL OUT MULTIPLE PURCHASE FORM ON STRIPPED LOWERS
View Quote
Was talking to a lgs yesterday about that. He offered to call atf on speaker so we could settle it.

Lgs: Is a multi reguired when purchasing more than one lower?

Atf: No

Lgs: So he can buy ANY amount of lowers and multi form is not required?

Atf: Yes, no form needed.

Link Posted: 4/29/2017 12:55:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 2:20:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

BTW, anyone know who has a good deal on stripped (or complete) non-Anderson upper receivers?  Less than $100 each please.  I could use 3 or 4 of them.
View Quote
Damage Industries has them for $49.95 this weekend.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top