Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/6/2017 10:08:31 PM EDT
That was some serious lightening 20 minutes ago here near KC.. I don't recall ever seeing a display like that.  Golf sized hail in Platte City just to the north. The tornado sirens were going off.
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 11:09:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Lost part of my fence in Lees Summit
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 11:15:15 PM EDT
[#2]
My roof is in the front yard underneath the neighbors swingset (the used to be in the back yard. Literally an entire swingset relocated to the front). Fence down, truck scratched to fuck.

Clay county
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 11:22:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My roof is in the front yard underneath the neighbors swingset (the used to be in the back yard. Literally an entire swingset relocated to the front). Fence down, truck scratched to fuck.

Clay county
View Quote

Hope you have someplace dry to go ?
Sucks that you guys got hit everybody ok?
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 11:29:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Springfield mo area here.  Storm hasn't arrived yet but it's abrewin'
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 12:14:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Stay safe fellas
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 12:25:00 AM EDT
[#6]
Sounding like it's almost done here in Columbia. Saw hail ranging from pea to small ice cube size here.

Stay safe everyone!
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 12:35:04 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Clay county

Everyone OK so far. Couple of completely leveled houses at the front of the neighborhood. Supposedly no injuries. Gonna go sleep at the shop for the time being till power comes back
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 12:52:57 AM EDT
[#8]
Got pretty sporty in the Ray-Raytown area, power lines down, trees down, neighbors shed is in the other neighbors back yard. I'm rockin the generator while nobody else has lights. I am a little pissed a neighbors piece of gutter blew off and smacked my new truck, shit will buff out no dents I don't think.
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 12:58:48 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Clay county
View Quote

Heard there was some damage around Smithville.

We're up by Gower. Just some strong wind as far as I know.
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 1:01:59 AM EDT
[#10]
Guess Oak Grove got hit pretty bad
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 2:31:29 AM EDT
[#11]
How does a roof stand up to the large type hail that the Kansas City area gets? Am I going to be constantly repairing my roof? Or is the hail only damaging to cars left out?
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 6:36:36 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 4:13:37 PM EDT
[#13]
Independence checking in here, a stroll around the house this morning didn't reveal anything worse than a few small branches on the ground. We lost power for about 45 min last night. Already fielded one phone call from a roofing/siding company that will have "folks in your neighborhood wed-fri".
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 6:41:29 PM EDT
[#14]
No Damages down here in Fredericktown other than a lot of limbs down, mostly small, but they'll need picked up...  Two will need hit with a Chainsaw..

It did get a little rough last night... 

I was working from home on a bunch of devices up in Rhinelander Wisconsin and I had about 35,000+ Customers down, about 1:30am some of my lights blinked (Network stuff is on Battery Backup) and my Internet Service dropped...  Mother F*&^%ER.... After 15 mins of not coming back, I had to pack up and head to the office in Scott City (just a bit South of Cape G)...  On the way, It rained harder than I've ever seen it rain and the whole way about every 20 min, my "Weather Alerts" App on my Cell, from KFVS12 kept saying there were Tornadoes about 10 miles ahead of me...

When I got to the office and all linked up and back on the network, power started blinking there...  Thankfully, never went out...

I was honestly a bit worried on the way down there, that I was either going to hydroplane right off the damn road or get caught in one of the supposed Tornadoes.  Ones that I don't think ever existed, just that conditions were favorable so it tripped a warning..
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 7:56:57 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Sounding like it's almost done here in Columbia. Saw hail ranging from pea to small ice cube size here.

Stay safe everyone!
View Quote

We had a little hail on the south side of COMO.  Very sporadic.  No damage, just wind.
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 10:57:00 PM EDT
[#16]
Slept right through it.  Didn't hear a peep.
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 11:12:28 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 11:26:58 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
One of my employees called in because his step mother had this happen in the Smithville Lake area....

https://i.imgur.com/qu5Lrd0.jpg
View Quote

Yep. I live in Smithville. There were 5 or 6 houses completely leveled at 169 and W
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 11:43:06 PM EDT
[#19]
I seemed to have lucked out. Not even a tree down in the neighborhood. I left the day job and got home as the Sirens kicked on. All the warnings I heard were north of me (Smithville area) so I knew it was just a precaution. Got out of the shower and the rain was hitting the house so bad, it sounded like hail. Left for the other job and it had all stopped. Glad everyone is ok!
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 11:52:15 PM EDT
[#20]
Been cleaning up all day here in smithville. The community support has been unreal. Just got home with a couple new chains for the saws. Back at it in the am
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 12:01:05 AM EDT
[#21]
Insurance claim put in for my 4 month old truck
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 10:50:57 PM EDT
[#22]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top