Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/27/2017 5:27:32 PM EDT
I'm looking at buying a knight urx2. Is there anywhere in the stl area that can do the install? I'd rather not mail it out
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 3:56:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Maybe watch a couple youtube videos of free float rail installs and consider doing it yourself?  For the cost of shipping and gunsmith work, you could buy all of the tools needed to do it yourself.  After the first one, you'll put them on all of your ARs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBeIAjE1BhI
http://www.itstactical.com/warcom/firearms/diy-ar-15-build-barrel-and-free-float-rail-system-installation/

If you do it yourself, spend the extra couple of $ to get quality barrel nut wrench and torque wrench.
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 9:52:58 AM EDT
[#2]
The reason I was asking is knights rails use a proprietary barrel but. Wrench is like $120
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 2:43:15 PM EDT
[#3]
My brother just took an upper to Tactical Sh!t in St Charles and they charged $35 to put the whole thing together so id give them a call.
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 5:02:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The reason I was asking is knights rails use a proprietary barrel but. Wrench is like $120
View Quote
Aah, gotcha.  What j-sig said then.
Link Posted: 3/2/2017 10:17:10 PM EDT
[#5]
I have one message me. Clayton MO by appointment only. You also need the jig to hold it straight otherwise you are getto rigging it.
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 3:27:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have one message me. Clayton MO by appointment only. You also need the jig to hold it straight otherwise you are getto rigging it.
View Quote

A carry handle works great to keep the upper and rail aligned and it doubles as a vice block. I have installed at least 10 URX 2 and 3.1's and have never had one misaligned.
Link Posted: 3/4/2017 3:31:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Easier with right stuff . I have all tools for all sr25's and sr15's. Eve the new ones which I had to have made.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top