Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/22/2017 11:02:44 AM EDT
I'm moving from STL to KCMO into the Waldo area and will be needing a good local company to purchase a gun safe and have it moved in for me.  I'm looking at the Fatboy 64 and Colonial 50 as my options for now but so far I've really only looked at what Liberty offers.  I'm getting the hardwood floors re-done right now, so I want to get someone who can get the safe in the house carefully without damaging either the floors or the safe.

I've talked to Greg's Lock and Safe and they seemed really nice on the phone and had decent prices, but I wanted to know if there was any other local shops I should check out.  We're looking forward to the move to KCMO and I'll also be looking for an outdoor club/range to shoot at as well.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 11:44:48 AM EDT
[#1]
I bought my safe from Rogers up in Liberty and the install went perfect, I don't know if they sell Liberty safes tho.
Maybe @DetrhoytMAK can chime in.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 12:12:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Yep, I bought my Fatboy Jr from Greg's. Completely satisfied.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 1:07:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I bought my safe from Rogers up in Liberty and the install went perfect, I don't know if they sell Liberty safes tho.
Maybe @DetrhoytMAK can chime in.
View Quote

Rogers has Liberty safes. Cabelas too.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 4:10:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the replies - I appreciate any help I can get.  I'd look at going the Cabela's route depending on their sales, but I'd still want need to get it in the house and even tho I'm a big dude, I'm pretty sure I'm not gonna be able to get 800+ lbs to cooperate the whole time.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 4:19:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Don't do it by yourself...lol...seriously might kill yourself....one of mine is the Tiber Ridge 64 and that SOB took 5 of us to get it in the house....I'll be paying somebody next time.  Good luck
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 6:49:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Rogers.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 7:16:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 9:14:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Five guys couldn't even budge my safe unless they were world class Olympic weight lifters.

It weighs a "light" 2,200 lbs.
View Quote

DAM....What kind do you have?  Whats the capacity on it?
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 9:26:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 2:38:23 AM EDT
[#10]
Grant's repair

It's up north, closer to St. Joe, but I've been up there and will get one from him.....he delivers to KC.... Just costs money
Waldo has been having some crime issues.....but it can show up anywhere.....welcome to the metro
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 5:17:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Grant's repair

It's up north, closer to St. Joe, but I've been up there and will get one from him.....he delivers to KC.... Just costs money
Waldo has been having some crime issues.....but it can show up anywhere.....welcome to the metro
View Quote

Good to know.  I'm a STL City resident right now, so I'd say I'm used to seeing some crap happen.  Looking forward to checking out the city.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions - time to shop around and find the best deal in KC.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 5:22:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 1:46:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Yep, I bought my Fatboy Jr from Greg's. Completely satisfied.
View Quote

I was happy with Greg's as well.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 11:39:32 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Another Plus 1 for Grants Repair.

Plus he carries one hell of a selection in stock.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Grant's repair

Another Plus 1 for Grants Repair.

Plus he carries one hell of a selection in stock.

Another +1. Super nice guy and crew.
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 5:23:18 PM EDT
[#15]
Just thought I'd provide an update - Greg's Lock and Safe did a great job at getting the safe into the house and I'm very pleased with their service.  Thanks everyone for your input.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top