Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/17/2017 6:34:52 PM EDT
Guys, this is a cross post to the GD raffle I am running.  I did this last year and it was extremely successful.

Any help from you guys would be greatly appreciated.

Kujoe

GD Raffle Thread
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 9:42:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Might as well include the original post:

Ladies and Gentlemen,

As I did last year, I am selling raffle tickets to support the St. Louis Police Officers' Memorial Fund.  This Fund was created to raise money and send widowed families of fallen officers to Washington DC for National Police Week.  During this week, the Law Enforcement Community honors its dead and adds the names of those who fell in the line of duty to the Memorial Wall.  It is a way for us to honor the memories of those who made the ultimate sacrifice in the service of their community.

Just as last year, we will be raffling off an AR-15 Rifle and a Ruger .38 LCR.  Tickets are $5 for one and $20 for five.

Last year, AR-15.com came through in a big way in that we were able to sell out of raffle tickets thanks to your generosity.  I am hoping to sell all of 200 tickets.  Please help me reach our goal again this year as this is a VERY worthy cause.  If you have never been to D.C. to see the LEO Memorial... it is a somber sight to see families and children standing there and staring at a name that has recently been etched into the wall.  Yes, I cried too.

Here is how we will do it this year:
1.  Send me an IM that you are interested and how many you would like to purchase.
2.  I will reply with my address or PayPal information.
3.  Once lube is received, I will fill out your tickets for you and forward you a picture of your tickets filled out.  I will need name and phone number or email address for the ticket, and your screen name so I can keep track of who is in.

The drawing for this will be held on March 4th... so we need to move on this soon.

Again, this was a gigantic success last year.  Please help me again with this worthy cause.

Kujoe 

These are pics I took last year during the candlelight vigil for the Roll Call of Names of those we lost in 2015.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 9:50:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Come on guys... GD is tearing it up.  Make your lunch one day and help support some widowed police families.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 10:00:56 AM EDT
[#3]
This is outside of Backstoppers.  Correct?  
I'm in for $20.00/5 tickets.  IM sent.

By the way... I make my lunch EVERYDAY!  I know... I'm a cheap a-hole.  
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 10:35:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks bud.  IM returned with info.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 3:56:16 PM EDT
[#5]
IM sent for 5 for $20.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 5:33:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks, Bob.  IM inbound.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 9:23:41 AM EDT
[#7]
Thank you everyone for helping out so far. 

For those who are on the fence... $20 is very little, but goes a long way for this cause. 

Remember, this if for the families who have lost a loved one in the line of duty... its the least we can do, especially for those who left children behind.   

I will have the tickets filled out this afternoon with a pic IM'd back to you for those I have received funds for through PayPal.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 9:33:23 AM EDT
[#8]
Bump
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 8:13:08 AM EDT
[#9]
Bump
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 8:32:14 AM EDT
[#10]
Bump for HTF
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 10:11:14 AM EDT
[#11]
Bump
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 11:01:58 PM EDT
[#12]
emails coming shortly with pics of tickets from those who went PayPal.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 3:48:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Last Bump.

I'll be turning in all tickets on Monday morning.
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 12:17:27 PM EDT
[#14]
ARFCOM Family,

I wanted to take a moment to thank the community here for participating in this worthy cause.  The drawing for this will be on Saturday evening.  I am hopeful that one of you will win.

On a personal note, ARFCOM has always come through for me in some of the causes that I have worked for.  

My profile shows that I have been here for more than a decade.  I have been active here, made friends, learned, laughed, and cried with the many members here.  In that time, I have done several fund raisers which included:

Walmart Gift cards for Blitz_308 when he was shot in robbery.
Walmart Gift cards for a dying police detective from my Department.
Personal Protection Equipment for my squad
and two years in a row now, the raffle for the Police Memorial Fund.

This year, 181 tickets were sold to members of ARFCOM.

Every single time I have come with a cause, YOU came through for those that benefited from your generosity.

From the bottom of my heart, thank you.  I look forward to seeing you at the range.

I will provide an update on the winning number, and hopefully, the winning member here, once the drawing occurs.

Regards,

Kujoe
Link Posted: 3/5/2017 5:53:42 PM EDT
[#15]
Ladies and Gentlemen,

I am proud to say that one of you who participated in this raffle won the gun!  The member has chosen to remain anonymous.

The member has been notified and arrangements are being made to deliver the goods.

Thank you everyone again.

Kujoe
Link Posted: 3/5/2017 7:26:48 PM EDT
[#16]
Good to hear that ARF wins.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top