Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/12/2017 3:33:39 AM EDT
Sooo, I got a new lower a while back.  It is a CC AR-9 (glock mag) lower.  when I first got it, i put it together, tried a couple of mags (empty), and then had it engraved (and sent off the F1 paperwork).  well today i was messing around with some other mags to see what hi cap mags would drop free from it.  i found out that loaded 40 sw mags either stick really bad on seating them or won't even seat all the way. most empty mags are fine. glock factory and ETS drop free if empty. SMG will do not and KCI (surprise) won't even seat.   9mm mags seem to do better though

i am thinking i am going to need to slightly widen the magwel to fix this.  how easy/hard and how much do you think it would cost to fix this?  who other than the original OEM can fix it?

ETA: Link to lower in question.  CC and joe bob's AR9 lowers are all made by new frontier
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 10:02:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 12:29:46 PM EDT
[#2]
ya I was hoping to find someone with a mill or cnc machine that could do it
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 2:48:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 5:42:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have a Mill, BUT magwells are typically cut using a Broach or EDM.
View Quote

Yup, length of a magwell is typically too long for an end mill.  As such, as PursuitSS said, broach or EDM.  EDM will be a small fortune.  Broach will be more affordable.  File and your time is cheap, or send the POS back and have them make it right.
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 5:45:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Yup, length of a magwell is typically too long for an end mill.  As such, as PursuitSS said, broach or EDM.  EDM will be a small fortune.  Broach will be more affordable.  File and your time is cheap, or send the POS back and have them make it right.
View Quote

ya I am going to call them on Monday.  don't know if it makes it easier or harder but it is a glock mag instead of ar mag.
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 8:54:35 AM EDT
[#6]
If you have a local community college with a Precision Machining program, they might be willing to do it for you for fairly cheap, as practice for students. That said, it'll be practice for students, sooooo...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top