Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/2/2017 8:16:55 PM EDT
Considering using this service.  Anyone use it?  
Good, Bad, Ugly?

Recommendations?
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 8:48:57 PM EDT
[#1]
I would just freeze your credit with the 3 credit bureaus.  Cost $5 in Missouri for each one to Freeze and Unfreeze...but if your not planning on making any purchases...another option for you....don't use the service you are say, so they might offer additional services you need.
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 8:49:14 PM EDT
[#2]
After AIM surplus got hacked,  I setup a credit lock with all three credit agencies.

Equifax

Experian

TransUnion

It costs about $5-$10 each, but nobody can open a line of credit in my name.

If I finance a new car, or something, I have to find out which of the 3 above they use to check my credit, and have them temporary unlock it until the loan clears.

Link Posted: 2/2/2017 10:23:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Great idea! And a heck of a lot cheaper!  More ammo for me!  
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 11:42:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Just do the credit freeze. My wife's been going through identity theft for the last two-three years.  It's the onlything that stops it.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 8:49:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just do the credit freeze. My wife's been going through identity theft for the last two-three years.  It's the onlything that stops it.
View Quote

Thanks.  That is the objective.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top