Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/1/2017 11:34:30 AM EDT
Charges filed

I am just wondering how people feel about this? I feel like you are never going to get around bullying but when people in a position of authority are the cause or turn a blind eye that it crosses a line.
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 1:18:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Mixed, from me.

One, we're raising a generation of pussies.

Two, people are heartless and cruel, and some need a good ass kicking.
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 1:36:35 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm with brassaholic on this one.

Also, people need thicker skin.
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 1:49:36 PM EDT
[#3]
You have to really be in the court room to hear what was said.  One thing I'm not sure about is in that video....the reporter says that the Superintendent, stated he didn't think there was an issue at the school.  WTF...that is not what the panel said.  

"The jury found the harassment occurred at both his employer, Dairy Queen, and at school."

I think he is just saying that to stop the parents from suing the fuck out of the school district.

"The jury found that Harley Branham, a manager he worked with at Dairy Queen, played a focal role in his death."

This guy is fucked.
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 1:51:43 PM EDT
[#4]
I agree 100%, I feel you should be kind to your fellow man but if the need arises you should learn and have the ability to defend yourself. In the local school for the area I live in there is a bully policy that states if you are caught defending yourself in a physical altercation then you are just a responsible as the bully and will often get the same if not worse punishment as the harasser. THIS I DO NOT AGREE WITH. I was raised to never take any shit from anyone and to defend myself if needed.

This to me seems to cross into hazy territory due to the fact that it was pushed on him by his manager at the establishment he was employed with and some of the teachers in his school. Granted I don't know the whole story from either side, I just feel like if it could have been prevented it should have.

On the other hand I was also raised in the belief that nothing should ever get so bad as to end your own life and that it is only an easy way out.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 1:21:45 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You have to really be in the court room to hear what was said.  One thing I'm not sure about is in that video....the reporter says that the Superintendent, stated he didn't think there was an issue at the school.  WTF...that is not what the panel said.  

"The jury found the harassment occurred at both his employer, Dairy Queen, and at school."

I think he is just saying that to stop the parents from suing the fuck out of the school district.

"The jury found that Harley Branham, a manager he worked with at Dairy Queen, played a focal role in his death."

This guy is fucked.
View Quote

Harley is a female.  21 I believe.  Should she pick on an employee, no, but chances are this dude wasn't exactly a mental powerhouse.  Tell her to shut up, go over her head, quit...plenty of ways to avoid it.  Dude waa going to kill himself one way or the other.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 9:07:55 AM EDT
[#6]
Sorry for his suicide, but it's 100% HIS decision. IF fault is being assigned, his parents top the list.

I heard on the radio, couldn't find any printed info on it so . . , that he was made to do menial tasks like cleaning the kitchen, bathrooms, cleanup trash, etc. etc.

Umm that's called a minimum wage JOB.  Heck I do that and I'm the OWNER ! ! !
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 5:27:22 PM EDT
[#7]
This whole case is dumb as hell to begin with. Coroners inquest, special prosecutor, a suicide thats magically a homicide even though it meets NONE of the legal requirements for it.

Hopefully a judge with half a brain throws this utter nonsense out of the courtroom immediately.
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 5:37:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Sorry for his suicide, but it's 100% HIS decision. IF fault is being assigned, his parents top the list.

I heard on the radio, couldn't find any printed info on it so . . , that he was made to do menial tasks like cleaning the kitchen, bathrooms, cleanup trash, etc. etc.

Umm that's called a minimum wage JOB.  Heck I do that and I'm the OWNER ! ! !
View Quote

100%!  My wife just made me clean the kitchen, good help is hard to find.
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 8:35:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Regardless of how this turns out, people need to understand the consequences of their actions.  There are cases where teens have committed suicide after brutal harassment sometimes orchestrated by adults.  Maybe prosecution and criminal justice is not the proper forum, I can't totally judge this case or people involved.  When I was a kid, parents taught me how to let BS roll off my back, and we need to get back to teaching people to be gentle but tough minded.
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 10:22:50 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Regardless of how this turns out, people need to understand the consequences of their actions.  There are cases where teens have committed suicide after brutal harassment sometimes orchestrated by adults.  Maybe prosecution and criminal justice is not the proper forum, I can't totally judge this case or people involved.  When I was a kid, parents taught me how to let BS roll off my back, and we need to get back to teaching people to be gentle but tough minded.
View Quote

Yeah the more I hear about this and the "stories" that are all of a sudden popping up with this case, I am finding myself falling more in to the frame of mind that maybe we as a society should stop being one that hands out participation trophies and start shaping these kids for the real world.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top