Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/3/2017 9:25:35 PM EDT
Jolts/ Explosions felt as far as Olathe and Oak Grove...
Not so much here in P-Hill
Link Posted: 1/3/2017 9:40:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Jolts/ Explosions felt as far as Olathe and Oak Grove...
Not so much here in P-Hill
View Quote
Tagged for updates...

I hope no one was injured, unless they were terrorists... (doubt it was terrorists)
Link Posted: 1/3/2017 10:07:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Seems it is a Lawnmower shop across from Zips at 140th and outer belt...
Reported Transformer
Propane
and Ammunition stored in building
Grandview Fire delaying entry...
Link Posted: 1/4/2017 1:44:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Wife and I heard 2 booms all the way in Lees Summit. One of them rattled the house a little. We were surprised to hear that this occurred all the way over in Grandview. I bet quite a few southern KC folks heard it.
Link Posted: 1/4/2017 8:52:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/4/2017 10:12:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Black Powder and ammunition stored in the basement.
From what I understand he used wood to heat the place in the winter...
Boom.... Bad deal all around.
Link Posted: 1/4/2017 7:30:02 PM EDT
[#6]
News is saying illegal fireworks manufacturing now.  ATF guy they interviewed says they found evidence of flash powder
Link Posted: 1/4/2017 7:44:24 PM EDT
[#7]
The ATF guy I heard said they didn't know but if they FOUND evidence of Flash powder they would have to investigate why and if there was illegal fireworks manufacture they would have to pursue it, Granted that was earlier today.
Link Posted: 1/4/2017 9:27:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/5/2017 12:10:36 AM EDT
[#9]
Yeah that was crazy last night! I heard it and felt it in Raymore.

Good thing it turned out to be fireworks instead of ammunition as we didn't need any of the negative attention that would have brought.
Link Posted: 1/5/2017 12:42:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Felt it at STillwell, heard it too.  THought it was explosions but figured it couldn't be.  go figure.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top