Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/13/2016 1:51:48 PM EDT
They're still saying no more using a drivers license for ID at the airport in one year.   Not enough security features on the card or verification of identity for issuing the license.  New Hampshire, New York, Minnesota and Louisiana were supposed to expire in 2016.  I forgot all about this.
Link Posted: 12/13/2016 5:43:09 PM EDT
[#1]
What will they accept, in place of our license?
Link Posted: 12/13/2016 5:51:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Here is a link to Acceptable forms of ID.
Link Posted: 12/13/2016 6:11:28 PM EDT
[#3]
passport
Link Posted: 12/13/2016 7:57:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Why does it still say Drivers License?
Link Posted: 12/13/2016 8:22:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
They're still saying no more using a drivers license for ID at the airport in one year.   Not enough security features on the card or verification of identity for issuing the license.  New Hampshire, New York, Minnesota and Louisiana were supposed to expire in 2016.  I forgot all about this.
View Quote

The .gov is hilarious.  Not enough security features!    From the same people who claim they can appropriately vet people from the Middle East and keep bad guys out.  The same who claim no ID for voting is needed.  What a bunch of tools.  
Link Posted: 12/13/2016 8:28:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Becouse you still can.  There are 2 links on the bottom that talk about real id that goes into affect jan 22, 2018
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 2:33:08 PM EDT
[#7]
This is so stupid.  Missouri's DL is compliant except - the state it's not putting the little star in the corner, Mo DOR has not signed the Real ID agreement with Homeland Security, and some other BS nitpicky detail.  The licenses are getting printed by the outfit in GA, DOR is sending all our records to them, etc, etc.  I hope the MO legislature repeals the no Real ID law soon so we can just get on with it.  Or at least give the option.

A stupid '13er
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 5:34:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Well, if it actually happens this time it might be my excuse to finally renew my passport.  I fly pretty regularly these days.
Link Posted: 12/15/2016 8:16:03 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 12/16/2016 5:39:35 AM EDT
[#10]
You need a passport or the passport card for going on most cruises these days.  If you had a problem on a cruise and had to fly home from outside the US you need the passport.  Just saying..........
Link Posted: 1/1/2017 1:47:29 PM EDT
[#11]
If you fly much and are worried get passport card.   Its ~ 20 extra when you get passport. It's not good for international air travel, but is gtg for domestic.    It's sized like a DL so fits in your wallet nicely so if this bs does happen you won't need to carry passport book with you on trips.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top