Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/26/2016 10:33:03 PM EDT
Went there tonight for some much needed range time. Got done shooting and decided to walk around. They had this lower http://shopwilsoncombat.com/Lower-Receiver-AR-Style/productinfo/TR-LOWER/  there for $300 . I DO NOT get that place and their prices. Gen 2 windowed PMAGS for 20 bucks PMC bronze for 12 bucks a box. Are people that naive to pay those prices? They also sell Yeti shit now too
Link Posted: 11/26/2016 10:56:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Welcome to the country club where you get to pay country club prices.
Link Posted: 11/26/2016 11:00:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Go to Target Time Defense in Blue Springs.  Its  a nice clean shop with a range and good prices.
Link Posted: 11/27/2016 5:20:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Go to Target Time Defense in Blue Springs.  Its  a nice clean shop with a range and good prices.
View Quote

I may check this out. All the place North of the river don't really fit into my schedule.
Link Posted: 11/28/2016 1:33:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

I got nothing but good things to say about this place.
Link Posted: 11/28/2016 3:01:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I will second or third that about Target Time.  People seem nice, willing to help anyone, and the prices aren't sky high.  They also support local shooting stuff.  They had a table at the Lees Summit Friends of the NRA dinner (Frontier didn't and their shop is much closer).  

The issue(s) with frontier is that:
1 - they tithe a % of each sale to their Christian organization (I am not sure what the org is but I have my guess from the time I spend in Utah)
2 - they have a very expensive new building on an expensive piece of land (it is only a few years old)
3 - they are sucking in the higher income area of Lees Summit to their store and price it accordingly

If you look around, it is the only local store that I know that stocks DD and Noveske guns.  People do seem nice but that only goes so far.  When you start to mention price they clam up and don't say much.  I was actually looking at a Bravo rail they had there.  It was an alpha rail but priced at the non-alpha price.
Link Posted: 11/29/2016 9:08:40 AM EDT
[#6]
If I just want to shoot or shop I go to Target Time.  It is closer to where I live and less expensive.  However, Target Time doesn't allow full-auto except with the rentals they have.  Frontier Justice is OK with me bringing my own.  So, if I want to burn ammo really quickly at paper Frontier Justice it is.
Link Posted: 11/29/2016 9:55:39 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 11/29/2016 4:07:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Does their ProShop carry the magic underwear?  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
1 - they tithe a % of each sale to their Christian organization (I am not sure what the org is but I have my guess from the time I spend in Utah)

Does their ProShop carry the magic underwear?  

I really didn't want to ask but if you want to know, it isn't that far a drive from you
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 1:12:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I will second or third that about Target Time.  People seem nice, willing to help anyone, and the prices aren't sky high.  They also support local shooting stuff.  They had a table at the Lees Summit Friends of the NRA dinner (Frontier didn't and their shop is much closer).  

2 - they have a very expensive new building on an expensive piece of land (it is only a few years old)
3 - they are sucking in the higher income area of Lees Summit to their store and price it accordingly

If you look around, it is the only local store that I know that stocks DD and Noveske guns.  People do seem nice but that only goes so far.  When you start to mention price they clam up and don't say much.  I was actually looking at a Bravo rail they had there.  It was an alpha rail but priced at the non-alpha price.
View Quote

I don't see an issue with any of those issues.  Who cares what charitable org. they contribute to and how much... as long as it isn't going to anti gun agenda?
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 1:37:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I don't see an issue with any of those issues.  Who cares what charitable org. they contribute to and how much... as long as it isn't going to anti gun agenda?
View Quote

meh, I agree.  just stating why I think they are high.  I have bought some stuff from them and will continue to do so.  also have used their range twice.  

BTW, they now have a small collection of reloading supplies
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 2:09:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

meh, I agree.  just stating why I think they are high.  I have bought some stuff from them and will continue to do so.  also have used their range twice.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Members are only asked to tithe on increase.  Very few if any will interpret that as they need to tithe on gross income of the business.  I don't know of any who do or they'd go under unless VERY successful.

Most members I know who pay tithing and own businesses do it one of two ways or these two ways.

They pay themselves as employees or beneficiaries and pay tithing on their own income.

They pay tithing on any profit the business shows.  This is after all expenses are paid.
Link Posted: 12/9/2016 11:37:45 AM EDT
[#12]
I have purchased two handguns there. I bought a Dan Wesson PM9 used and a VP9 new. I got good deals on both. They have always offered a good military discount, very much appreciated. I like going in to look around anyway. They have a great selection and one of the fewer places with high end stuff. It was the only place I could think to go to look through a Vortex Razor II and a Nightforce last week when I was scope shopping.
Link Posted: 12/10/2016 9:39:33 PM EDT
[#13]
The Guntry Club concept, they seem like decent folks.  I used the range once, they had a range officer but did not micromanage my shooting session, that alone is a good thing.
Link Posted: 12/13/2016 7:12:16 PM EDT
[#14]
I went up there and shot this past weekend. Kiddo 2 lanes over was doing "full auto with santa"
Link Posted: 12/16/2016 3:07:00 AM EDT
[#15]
I shoot there on an LE membership which is only 100 annually VS the civilian 500 annually. Its 100 annually and no lane fee, I wouldnt shoot there otherwise. I don't buy anything there unless it's on clearance =(slightly below normal price)
Link Posted: 12/26/2016 8:23:49 PM EDT
[#16]
Went to Target Time today, that place was awesome! customer service was awesome, they actually had people working outside of the range (unlike Frontier) and prices seemed really decent. The range did seem a little cramped, but they're making due with what space they have. Just a heads up though, if you've never been and want to shoot they make you watch a range safety video, then fill out the customary release waver. They did say you can watch the video on their website. For us that have been shooting for years and years, it's a complete waste, but I get it and gladly "watched" the video.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top