Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/23/2016 8:09:21 PM EDT
Link Posted: 11/23/2016 11:15:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Going to make 3 pies later tonight.  

Pumpkin and Oreo PB from the Pioneer woman.
Link Posted: 11/23/2016 11:46:19 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm just responsible for green bean casserole tomorrow. Day after, the neighbors have Thanksgiving again, no leftovers, we do it all over again, but there's plenty of drinks, foul language, and cards.
Happy Thanksgiving to all!
Link Posted: 11/24/2016 2:22:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Two cherry pies, one pumpkin pie with crusts, two casseroles that are topped and baked  tomorrow, one jello salad,  cornbread for stuffing,  and rolls that proof over night. Turkeys (2 @ 14lbs each) to be deep fried tomorrow .

Happy thanksgiving!
Link Posted: 11/24/2016 2:41:51 AM EDT
[#4]
This will be the second Thanksgiving without mom...  She died October 27th, 2015.  Dad and I will just head up to Longhorn Steakhouse, or maybe Cracker Barrel.

But, kudos to you folks with big families and big dinner tables.  Thanksgiving just isn't the same without mom for us.
Link Posted: 11/24/2016 3:51:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Got 2- 14lbs turkey's that are sitting in brine one 10lbs ham, one 7.75lbs ham, mac&cheese casserole, green bean casserole, stuffing, mashed taters and gravey, collard greens, corn bread and buscuits. Maybe some bacon wrapped backstrap on the grill from my opening morning buck, but I doubt it. I have 16 mouths to feed. Of course we have an assortment of desert.
Link Posted: 11/24/2016 4:18:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
This will be the second Thanksgiving without mom...  She died October 27th, 2015.  Dad and I will just head up to Longhorn Steakhouse, or maybe Cracker Barrel.

But, kudos to you folks with big families and big dinner tables.  Thanksgiving just isn't the same without mom for us.
View Quote

It gets better with time buddy.  My dad past away November 10, 2010. Most everyone coming for dinner are friends, I don't have a big family (most my sisters and cousins little bastards). Happy Thanksgiving to you and dad.
Link Posted: 11/24/2016 10:34:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 11/24/2016 1:15:04 PM EDT
[#8]
For some reason my family lets me cook the turkey. Put it in a brine on Tuesday. I don't think it needs to go that long, but I knew I wouldn't have time yesterday. Just put it on the smoker.

Happy turkey day yall!
Link Posted: 11/24/2016 3:58:50 PM EDT
[#9]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

But, kudos to you folks with big families and big dinner tables. Thanksgiving just isn't the same without mom for us.
View Quote

I agree...  I lost my mom in 2015 as well... None of the Holidays are the same...  She was always the center and made everything happen...

We are still doing Thanksgiving, just not today...  We're doing ours Sunday...

My G/f, myself, her daughter, 2 sons, grand baby, her parents from N.C.,  my pop, my daughter, my sister and her two kids, and a few close friends are all coming over to our place for diner...  

Gonna be packed...  But it'll be nice to see everyone...  

I just got done putting together a Tow behind the Mower/ATV spreader and i may go shooting for a bit here shortly...  I haven't' shot any pistols in months it seems like..  

Or i might mow the yard for the last time this year..

Link Posted: 11/24/2016 11:39:46 PM EDT
[#10]
The life of a cook. Prep everyday? On that note I have a lot to be thankful for.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top