Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/19/2016 8:45:52 PM EDT
I remember a while back seeing somebody on here worked for mdc, I have a few questions if possible.  If you can could you please send me a pm? Or if you know who I am referring to RAT THEM OUT

Thanks
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 6:35:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Rat them out here, so we can ask them why they do things the way they do!!!
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 11:25:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 7:51:34 AM EDT
[#3]
It's me.  I sent him an IM, but no reply.  Must not have been too important.

As far as asking me why MDC does what it does, I DON'T KNOW.  I am an ENGINEER not a BIOLOGIST.

I design and oversee construction projects that are requested by Wildlife, Fisheries, Outreach and Education, and IT.  I have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do or say in how the Department makes decisions.

They want a fish hatchery, I design, bid out construction, and oversee the construction of a fish hatchery.  They want a boat ramp, same thing.  They want a wetland, same thing.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 8:06:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

As far as asking me why MDC does what it does, I DON'T KNOW.  I am an ENGINEER not a BIOLOGIST.

I design and oversee construction projects that are requested by Wildlife, Fisheries, Outreach and Education, and IT.  I have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do or say in how the Department makes decisions.

They want a fish hatchery, I design, bid out construction, and oversee the construction of a fish hatchery.  They want a boat ramp, same thing.  They want a wetland, same thing.
View Quote

That sounds like a cool job
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 8:37:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It can be, but EVERYBODY is an expert.  Several years back I rebuilt the Henges Shooting Range in St Louis and there was actually a member here that was pissed about the waste of money.  And he could have done it cheaper.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 12:34:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 1:07:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I love (NOT) how Consevation ruled that Pigeon Hill in St. Joseph isn't safe for machine guns BUT is safe for Bump Fire.

It's pretty damn apparent that whoever made the decision had never fired a machine gun and Bump Fired a weapon.
View Quote

Hey!  I'm the one that made that decision and if you don't like it-tough!

j/k, I know some of the people in O&E (they run the ranges) and they are not gun people.  The guy that is in charge of shooting ranges is a gun guy (to a point).  The guy that used to be in charge of ranges (now retired) is a casual friend of mine and I always used to give him grief about the prohibition of using 50 bmg at all of the MDC ranges.  Like I said earlier, I don't agree with all of the Department's decisions, but they have never called and asked me my opinion when making said decisions.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 5:25:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 9:08:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

Well, shit. .......
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 9:00:29 AM EDT
[#10]
My $0.02: If you don't like how MDC ranges operate, build your own.  $3/hr for the manned ranges and free for unmanned ranges, both (usually) including free targets, is one hell of a deal.  But, the age old saying of "you get what you pay for" applies.  You have to play by their rules or not play there.  *That* is basically the cost of cheap or free range time.
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 9:20:30 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 11:09:42 AM EDT
[#12]
The MDC is a bunch of ticket writing  crooks old prick at REIFSNIDER. is the worst  . Stacking 100k plus  of guns like fire wood like he is hot shit  .
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 1:56:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
The MDC is a bunch of ticket writing  crooks old prick at REIFSNIDER. is the worst  . Stacking 100k plus  of guns like fire wood like he is hot shit  .
View Quote

Are you saying the agent stacked your guns?  Because it is an unmanned range.  

And PursuitSS as far as getting ticketed for shooting at a box on the ground, they (MDC) are pretty militant about ONLY shooting at the provided target stands from the firing line ONLY because they want to minimize bullets hitting the ground, ricocheting and leaving the range area and then possibly damaging property or injuring someone.  It does specifically state that in the range rules which are posted (unless someone shot them up) at the entrance to every MDC range I have been to.  I know it is draconian, I myself like to shoot at stuff other than the target stand and thats why I am a member of a private range and I also have a farmer friend with a range that I shoot at.
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 4:47:58 PM EDT
[#14]
For his safety or the fact he is just giant cocksucker .Idiot thought they were all illegal marking down serial numbers and everything else. I was there with members of local swat team who were in disbelief. Guy was giant prick . Never been back since . Everyone has story about him guy is legend out there .
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 4:58:02 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
My $0.02: If you don't like how MDC ranges operate, build your own.  $3/hr for the manned ranges and free for unmanned ranges, both (usually) including free targets, is one hell of a deal.  But, the age old saying of "you get what you pay for" applies.  You have to play by their rules or not play there.  *That* is basically the cost of cheap or free range time.
View Quote

I have plenty of friends who let me shoot anytime I want too on their land. I will, however go to Parma to zero a rifle, or take a newbie I don't trust whatsoever to teach them to shoot. Yes, the Nazi's there suck, and I hate going there, but It's a great thing we have. Like you said, you get what you pay for. Is it too much for them to be at least somewhat polite though?

As for Pigeon Hill, fuck that place. I have seen too many toothless, overall wearing cousin fuckers do some stupid shit up there to even think about going to that place.  It seriously surprises me there aren't a lot more reported incidents up there.
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 5:49:55 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 6:30:59 PM EDT
[#17]
The unmanned conservation ranges are dangerous as hell. I've had guys screwing with rifles while people are down changing targets.

Craziest thing I saw was at finger lakes shooting the shortest distance area... guy with girlfriends walks out and goes down range while I'm actively shooting in the lane directly next to me. WTf dude.
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 7:13:10 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 7:19:26 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Same thing happened last time I was at Pigeon Hill, a guy and his kid started downrange as we were still firing.

I've made some pretty nasty THREATS "Comments" to the fucking idiot Fuds muzzle sweeping me.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The unmanned conservation ranges are dangerous as hell. I've had guys screwing with rifles while people are down changing targets.

Craziest thing I saw was at finger lakes shooting the shortest distance area... guy with girlfriends walks out and goes down range while I'm actively shooting in the lane directly next to me. WTf dude.

Same thing happened last time I was at Pigeon Hill, a guy and his kid started downrange as we were still firing.

I've made some pretty nasty THREATS "Comments" to the fucking idiot Fuds muzzle sweeping me.

Is the privy at Pigeon hill still filled with bullet holes? I can only imagine being in there when some idiots, not paying attention, started shooting it up with their SKS'
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 7:28:19 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 12:47:44 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I have no idea, NEVER use it.
View Quote

Yep, the only time I have used one of our privies is after it was just installed by the contractor.  Otherwise I go outside when I am at an area.
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 9:57:13 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

As for Pigeon Hill, fuck that place. I have seen too many toothless, overall wearing cousin fuckers do some stupid shit up there to even think about going to that place.  It seriously surprises me there aren't a lot more reported incidents up there.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I've been muzzle swept more times than I can remember there.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 8:09:55 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
It can be, but EVERYBODY is an expert.  Several years back I rebuilt the Henges Shooting Range in St Louis and there was actually a member here that was pissed about the waste of money.  And he could have done it cheaper.
View Quote

I went to Henges/Forest 44 yesterday to do some scouting for an upcoming smokepole hunt.  We didn't actually check out the range since there was a managed hunt going on, but we walked out a bunch of the trails on the east side of the area.  That place is rougher than a cobb!
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 8:19:30 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 11:12:24 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 11:30:06 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I went to Henges/Forest 44 yesterday to do some scouting for an upcoming smokepole hunt.  We didn't actually check out the range since there was a managed hunt going on, but we walked out a bunch of the trails on the east side of the area.  That place is rougher than a cobb!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What place?  The trails?
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 3:03:50 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
What place?  The trails?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What place?  The trails?

Yeah, I'm confused too.  I had my son out there two weeks ago.  Clean, slow and safe.  Just the way I like it for an 11 year old boy with a bolt action .22.  I know most guys don't like Henges because it's slow and regulated, but for young kids and new shooters I find it perfect.  JMHO

Were they hunting Beaumont or Forest 44? I know most of the guys who are able to hunt Beaumont, but they are waiting for the last of the camp outs.  I know that if you stay too far into Beaumont, you will probably run into an LEO or two.  
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 7:47:04 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
   Yeah, I'm confused too.  I had my son out there two weeks ago.  Clean, slow and safe.  Just the way I like it for an 11 year old boy with a bolt action .22.  I know most guys don't like Henges because it's slow and regulated, but for young kids and new shooters I find it perfect.  JMHO

Were they hunting Beaumont or Forest 44? I know most of the guys who are able to hunt Beaumont, but they are waiting for the last of the camp outs.  I know that if you stay too far into Beaumont, you will probably run into an LEO or two.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What place?  The trails?

I know the ranges are slow and full of rules, but there is a reason for that.  I have personally witnessed, in one day at Henges, someone holding their rifle at port arms facing away from the range and discharging it, someone pulling a rifle out of the box that they just got from walmart and the scope was so far off they hit one of the overhead baffles, numerous muzzle sweeps of people, and someone trying to put 45 long colt into a glock 21 because 'they are both 45s'

Unfortunately the rules are there for all of us because of the 1% of the dumbasses that go out there.
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 8:15:04 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

What place?  The trails?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What place?  The trails?

The way I understand it, Henges Range sits on the western side of the 950 acre Forest 44 property.  We entered in on the east side near the equine center and hiked the horse trails.
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 2:03:17 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

The way I understand it, Henges Range sits on the western side of the 950 acre Forest 44 property.  We entered in on the east side near the equine center and hiked the horse trails.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What place?  The trails?

Yep the range is on the western side of the area.
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 7:43:08 PM EDT
[#31]
"guy with girlfriends walks out and goes down range while I'm actively shooting in the lane directly next to me."

Yeah, the same has happened to me at Little Indian Creek.  So has the issue of people screwing around with their guns while I'm downrange.  Often, I'm lucky enough to be the only person there, though.
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 9:53:47 PM EDT
[#32]
Had a kidney stone, was sidelined for quite a bit. Will be replying to your pm shortly, thanks.
Link Posted: 10/31/2016 6:38:52 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Yeah, a LOT of Fuds!

But, when we have had a MOHTF ARFCOM shoot there the Fuds tend to pack up and get the hell out of Dodge.

Nothing like 15 guys with "Black Rifles" to make the Fuds nervous.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, a LOT of Fuds!

But, when we have had a MOHTF ARFCOM shoot there the Fuds tend to pack up and get the hell out of Dodge.

Nothing like 15 guys with "Black Rifles" to make the Fuds nervous.

Lol, thats no shit.
Link Posted: 11/2/2016 8:07:46 PM EDT
[#34]
I worked for the MoDC decades ago.
Link Posted: 11/3/2016 12:29:17 PM EDT
[#35]
When I go to Finger Lakes area is that Rocky Fork? I will shoot as long as no one else is on the side I am on. If someone shows up, I access their shooting habits and leave if necessary. Which so-far has only happened once. My favorite was the bunch that showed up with an assortment of items to place on the ground... I left before they fired one round.

Steve
Link Posted: 11/4/2016 12:39:06 AM EDT
[#36]
In an argument right now with a guy from Quail Forever on the MDC's Facebook page. They posted an article about Quail, and I called out them about how they planted Elk to bring back the population, but refuse to do so with Quail, because they say it just wouldn't work. From what I've been told there's a 20% survival rate when they do that. 20% is better than none in my opinion.
Link Posted: 11/4/2016 7:52:42 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
When I go to Finger Lakes area is that Rocky Fork? I will shoot as long as no one else is on the side I am on. If someone shows up, I access their shooting habits and leave if necessary. Which so-far has only happened once. My favorite was the bunch that showed up with an assortment of items to place on the ground... I left before they fired one round.

Steve
View Quote

Yep, the state park on the north side is finger lakes, the conservation area on the south is rocky fork.  They essentially form one large area, but I don't know if you can hunt on the state park half.
Link Posted: 11/4/2016 1:26:27 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Yep, the state park on the north side is finger lakes, the conservation area on the south is rocky fork.  They essentially form one large area, but I don't know if you can hunt on the state park half.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Steve

Only during 4 wheeler season, not wabbit or duck season.

Steve
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top