Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/1/2016 12:26:10 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/1/2016 1:46:24 PM EDT
[#1]
I would try The Capital Grille or The Majestic Both are kinda pricy but good!
Link Posted: 8/1/2016 3:37:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Majestic is good, The OX used to be good, Pierponts is pretty good.
You can't go wrong with steak can you? J'Gilberts Wood Fired Steaks in Overland Park is pretty damned good.
Link Posted: 8/1/2016 3:43:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/1/2016 6:01:18 PM EDT
[#4]
I like capital grille.
I always try to talk folks out of the steak in into Italian. If that sounds good head to Garrozos.
Link Posted: 8/1/2016 7:26:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Plaza III Steakhouse is a good spot in the Country Club Plaza.
Link Posted: 8/1/2016 7:44:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Bluestem or rye. Neither are steak houses but are highly regarded. And you can get a steak
Link Posted: 8/1/2016 7:51:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Capital Grille or 801 chophouse in that order.  Capitol Grille has a Ribeye that is rubbed with porcini mushrooms that is amazing.  If you go the lobster bisque soup and lobster mac n cheese are definitely worth getting as well.
Link Posted: 8/1/2016 8:28:12 PM EDT
[#8]
The dry aged ribeye at The American Restaurant is excellent.

Link Posted: 8/2/2016 12:24:04 AM EDT
[#9]
Majestic, but it's been awhile.
Link Posted: 8/2/2016 12:30:48 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/2/2016 8:06:02 AM EDT
[#11]
Sullivan's steakhouse is my favorite.
Link Posted: 8/2/2016 1:49:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Nothing beats Capital Grille for steak. There are places in KC that have great steaks, but Capital Grille still blows them all away, IMO. Their service and dining experience are also beyond compare, IMO.
Link Posted: 8/2/2016 10:00:06 PM EDT
[#13]
Anton's is the best spot in town for steak. Steaks are cut in house to order, all the ingredients are fresh and local, everything is made in house. Its relatively close to Town Center (16th and Main) and has a streetcar stop pretty much out front.

Capitol and the American are good, I've heard Pierponts is too.
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 9:43:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Anton's is the best spot in town for steak. Steaks are cut in house to order, all the ingredients are fresh and local, everything is made in house. Its relatively close to Town Center (16th and Main) and has a streetcar stop pretty much out front.

View Quote

I've heard antons is good. Never been there. Might try it next date night.

OP any report?
Link Posted: 8/4/2016 12:05:38 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

OP any report?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

OP any report?

I've been to Anton's before, the food is good, they have their own butchers in house, and dry age their own beef.  You can also buy dry aged beef on the butcher side of the shop.

My personal favorite is J. Gilbert's in Overland Park.  Not technically in Kansas City proper, but it's about 20 minutes south of downtown.
Link Posted: 8/4/2016 3:24:38 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I've been to Anton's before, the food is good, they have their own butchers in house, and dry age their own beef.  You can also buy dry aged beef on the butcher side of the shop.

My personal favorite is J. Gilbert's in Overland Park.  Not technically in Kansas City proper, but it's about 20 minutes south of downtown.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

OP any report?

AS mentioned earlier in the thread and WOOD FIRED STEAKS... Good Stuff!
Link Posted: 8/4/2016 4:02:34 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 8/4/2016 4:36:04 PM EDT
[#18]
Fogo de Chão Brazilian Steakhouse & Gojo steakhouse. Gojo had a steak called "The Sumo" not on the menu that is pretty damn good if you're hungry.

Google map for directions and make reservations a few days or more in advance. Both will keep you somewhat near Crown Center and get you down by the Country Club Plaza which can be a cool place to stroll around if the parentless kids are not around.

Have fun Bama!
Link Posted: 8/4/2016 5:59:31 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Fogo de Chão Brazilian Steakhouse & Gojo steakhouse. Gojo had a steak called "The Sumo" not on the menu that is pretty damn good if you're hungry.

Google map for directions and make reservations a few days or more in advance. Both will keep you somewhat near Crown Center and get you down by the Country Club Plaza which can be a cool place to stroll around if the parentless kids are not around.

Have fun Bama!
View Quote

Fogo is decent but its an international chain, at least for me when I travel I want something I cant get elsewhere. I'd avoid Gojo's after hearing from former employees what the kitchen looks like
Link Posted: 8/4/2016 8:29:04 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Fogo is decent but its an international chain, at least for me when I travel I want something I cant get elsewhere. I'd avoid Gojo's after hearing from former employees what the kitchen looks like
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Have fun Bama!

I am a BIG fan of Brazilian steakhouses.  There are two great locally owned options in KC metro I always go to.  I always make a point to go locally owned over corporate chain when possible.  The first is Em Chamas in Parkville.  It's very good and significantly cheaper than Fogo (especially if you manage to snag one of their Groupon deals).  The second, and my new favorite is in Overland Park off 119th called Porto do Sol.  Pricing is closer to Fogo but they have a great selection and the owner has always made it a point to come around and check on you.  I've been there three times, each several months apart, and he's always remembered me and even asked about my wife when I went there over lunch with work.
Link Posted: 8/4/2016 10:43:20 PM EDT
[#21]
I thought gojo closed....Errrrr..was shut down
Link Posted: 8/5/2016 12:50:45 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Their still opened/re-opened. I drive past it almost daily.

Quoted:
I am a BIG fan of Brazilian steakhouses.  

Heard only good things about Em Chamas, never heard of Porto de Sol though. Piropos is my go to South American steakhouse in town, even though its Argentinian the food is pretty much exactly the same.
Link Posted: 8/5/2016 12:59:46 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Have fun Bama!

We've been to just about all of the Jap steakhouses in KC, and Gojo's is definitely near the bottom on quality. We like Tokyo up on Barry Rd and Samurai Chef on 40hwy.
Link Posted: 8/5/2016 2:34:15 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Heard only good things about Em Chamas, never heard of Porto de Sol though. Piropos is my go to South American steakhouse in town, even though its Argentinian the food is pretty much exactly the same.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
I am a BIG fan of Brazilian steakhouses.  

Except for the fact they don't bring an endless supply of delicious meat around on giant skewers......at least not during the one time I've been there.  It was fantastic don't get me wrong, but sometimes quantity had a quality all its own.  
Link Posted: 8/5/2016 7:19:58 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 8/9/2016 11:21:21 AM EDT
[#26]
Plaza III.

Easy phone number, too.

PL3-0000
Link Posted: 8/9/2016 12:50:51 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

HUGE +1 on Toyko Japanese Steak House on Barry Rd. I've eaten at three different Benihana's around the country, Toyko Japanese Steakhouse is MUCH BETTER!!!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Have fun Bama!

We've been to just about all of the Jap steakhouses in KC, and Gojo's is definitely near the bottom on quality. We like Tokyo up on Barry Rd and Samurai Chef on 40hwy.

HUGE +1 on Toyko Japanese Steak House on Barry Rd. I've eaten at three different Benihana's around the country, Toyko Japanese Steakhouse is MUCH BETTER!!!

Pursuit you buying?
Link Posted: 8/9/2016 9:14:14 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 8/14/2016 5:21:09 PM EDT
[#29]
Guess I'll be the first and only one to Suggest Houston's for their Hawaiian ribeye, or McCormick and Schmick's for their ribeye as well.  I love either one of them.  Houston's also has excellent prime rib if you like it.

Bill
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 2:34:40 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 10:26:06 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
We went to The Majestic and the food was awesome.
Got invited to a party for the second night so I canceled the reservations.

Thanks
View Quote

glad you enjoyed yourself!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top