Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/13/2016 12:36:41 AM EDT
Last Friday, during the middle of the day while she was busting ass at her two jobs, some lowlifes broke in my daughters house (When I moved down here to Fredericktown, against my wishes she rented the house directly next door to our old house) and they took her laptop, Xbox, games controllers, Playstation, games, controllers, DVD Player and movies, Kindle Fire pretty much everything electronic (except the TV and a Wireless AP, I guess too big and too many wires to deal with???) and a bunch of other valuables...

She called me crying, the thing she was most upset about was her laptop because it has all her school work on it and she uses it for all her online classes...

She is pretty much screwed as the police are of no help and she did not have renters insurance...  Kinda in a catch22, can't afford it, cant afford to replace everything...

This pisses me off as she is a young girl who never gets in trouble, doesn't drink, smoke, party or do anything shitty and somehow hasn't got knocked up, really she just works and goes too school... Gets her 1st place on her own and is really trying to make something...  Then some lowlife Ghetto Hood Rats steal all her shit...    Makes my blood boil, every time I think about it...
Link Posted: 7/13/2016 7:16:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/13/2016 11:32:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That sucks.  Thieves should be hung!  But can't afford renter's insurance? Really? It's like $100 a year.
View Quote

Agreed... Even I have renter's insurance.  It's dirt cheap and covers my firearms to $5k.
Link Posted: 7/13/2016 3:30:53 PM EDT
[#3]
search pawn shops and craigslist.
Link Posted: 7/13/2016 4:03:52 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

That sucks.  Thieves should be hung!  But can't afford renter's insurance? Really? It's like $100 a year.
View Quote
Whos that though...

Ever made any claims ???

I just wonder how much BS they would have gave her and if they would have paid off???

After the fact, I know, but I'm going to tell her she needs to get it...

Link Posted: 7/13/2016 5:25:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/13/2016 5:34:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Whos that though...

Ever made any claims ???

I just wonder how much BS they would have gave her and if they would have paid off???

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Whos that though...

Ever made any claims ???

I've been with State Farm since I turned 16 and got my own insurance.  NEVER had any issues with them paying out on claims of any type.  If it's covered under the policy, they pay you, period.  If not, I'd be with someone else at the age of 45.
Link Posted: 7/13/2016 8:08:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Insurance is one of those things that you truly get what you pay for.

Two very important considerations are, who is your agent and who is the insurance company.

After paying various companies their "pound of flesh" for over 40 years. AND after having a few claims, I can tell you that "budget insurance" SUCKS!

After getting screwed by an insurance company I was with (Farm Bureau) I asked here on the MOHTF about insurance.

A member chimed in (Sixer), he was an agent with American Family. After talking with him I switched EVERYTHING over to them and could not be happier!!!

Unfortunately Sixer decided that he prefers holster making for a living so I now deal with his father, it's his fathers agency.

BTW, Sixer manufactures OUTSTANDING holsters, Hopp Custom Leather. The downside....last time I checked he was backlogged around eleven months.
View Quote

Have been with American Family for 11 years now. Had only one  two claims in that time. They paid them with no issues.
Link Posted: 7/13/2016 8:21:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Have been with American Family for 11 years now. Had only one  two claims in that time. They paid them with no issues.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Insurance is one of those things that you truly get what you pay for.

Two very important considerations are, who is your agent and who is the insurance company.

After paying various companies their "pound of flesh" for over 40 years. AND after having a few claims, I can tell you that "budget insurance" SUCKS!

After getting screwed by an insurance company I was with (Farm Bureau) I asked here on the MOHTF about insurance.

A member chimed in (Sixer), he was an agent with American Family. After talking with him I switched EVERYTHING over to them and could not be happier!!!

Unfortunately Sixer decided that he prefers holster making for a living so I now deal with his father, it's his fathers agency.

BTW, Sixer manufactures OUTSTANDING holsters, Hopp Custom Leather. The downside....last time I checked he was backlogged around eleven months.

I preach this all of the time....  BUDGET INSURANCE is exactly that for a reason.   And GET AN AGENT!  They are worth the extra for the help they can give you.   I prefer independent agents, but at least it is someone who should know what the heck is going on.   And yes, my company would pay a renters claim.  Police report and any kind of receipts or proof you had the items usually does the trick.
ALSO - 9 out 10 times, it someone she knows or her friends know.  
Link Posted: 7/13/2016 10:06:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Damn, hate to hear this man.
Link Posted: 7/13/2016 11:16:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 11:05:30 AM EDT
[#11]
Makes my blood boil.
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 7:32:44 PM EDT
[#12]
that sucks Its a shame when a person bust their ass to make something out of their self and some asshole throws a monkey wrench in the gears.
Link Posted: 7/17/2016 6:02:48 PM EDT
[#13]
OP,  if you have your insurance through a local agent and are happy, your daughter may want to use the same person.

The more "related" policies they get from one group, the more they will jump through hoops to help.
Link Posted: 7/18/2016 7:53:36 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Whos that though...

Ever made any claims ???

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Whos that though...

Ever made any claims ???

I made a claim once when I was in college on my renter's insurance.  It was no big deal, guy came by, looked, sent me a check.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top