Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/6/2016 3:52:20 PM EDT
Link Posted: 7/6/2016 5:19:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Seems to be doing fine working down in Houston for Primary Arms, got himself a C5 convertible when it's not Ducati weather.
Link Posted: 7/6/2016 6:56:09 PM EDT
[#2]
after the oil field stuff, i had not heard from mike in over a year gosh i guess almost a year and half. i asked one of his other college friends the other day and he hand heard from him. i noticed he posted something on youtube not to long ago.

other than he is now in TX. seems to be moving on with his life.

Link Posted: 7/6/2016 8:48:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Dead... Just like that...
Link Posted: 7/6/2016 11:10:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Speaking of "whatever happened to..."    

Whatever happened to Fantomas?    I liked that blue faced German S.O.B.
Link Posted: 7/6/2016 11:27:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/7/2016 7:51:53 AM EDT
[#6]
I saw something a few days back that made me think of Duke too.  The last I had recalled he split his CTD gig in TX and was living in CO doing tactical sweeps every time he entered his house.
Link Posted: 7/7/2016 10:06:23 AM EDT
[#7]
He's been playing a lot of Fallout 4, but hasn't touched it since Monday.

Link Posted: 7/7/2016 5:55:29 PM EDT
[#8]
He got some awesome photos of Chad's shoots!

Nice fella.
Link Posted: 7/8/2016 8:41:23 PM EDT
[#9]
I wondered about him not long ago as well.

He was my ccw instructor years and years ago. I also got to shoot my first FA Uzi and MP5 after we finished the class so it's a memory I'll never forget
Link Posted: 7/10/2016 9:18:16 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

He lived about 10 miles from me. Last I heard he was moving somewhere down south. I have not head from him in over a year.
Link Posted: 7/10/2016 9:58:29 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

He lived about 10 miles from me. Last I heard he was moving somewhere down south. I have not head from him in over a year.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Maybe that's why we never see him in MOHTF.   I never go to GD so I didn't think he was still around.

Link Posted: 7/10/2016 5:06:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 11:10:48 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He moved to FL. Sold his house and now lives in a condo near the beach.
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 4:36:55 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good for him!!!
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 5:08:34 PM EDT
[#15]
Dallas area now IIRC. He is doing well.
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 8:11:47 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

Whatever happened to GaryM?
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 9:37:18 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He moved out of state as well.
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 9:37:46 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He's in Florida.
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 10:26:39 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

He's in Florida.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He's in Florida.

Yeah, I know... and he is a "Mail Carrier" .... Irony in asking GaryM what happened to GaryM...
Back when the MOHTF was where the cool kids hung out....
Link Posted: 7/17/2016 1:43:37 AM EDT
[#20]
You must be thinking of Hawaiian shirts and flipflops...
Link Posted: 7/17/2016 7:34:33 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

Seen him run 3 gun with a Mosin and Rifle Grenades, and seen him run 3 gun in skivvies and a bath robe,
The Good old days of Lumberjack Challenges, the "Free Range Shooting" or "Dirt Clod Shooters"
Yeah... MODCC shoots, CMMG 3 Gun, The Good old days.
Link Posted: 7/17/2016 8:35:28 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Seen him run 3 gun with a Mosin and Rifle Grenades, and seen him run 3 gun in skivvies and a bath robe,
The Good old days of Lumberjack Challenges, the "Free Range Shooting" or "Dirt Clod Shooters"
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

the good old days and how they are missed and AFRCOM was a extended family.
Link Posted: 7/17/2016 9:13:54 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Yeah, I know... and he is a "Mail Carrier" .... Irony in asking GaryM what happened to GaryM...
Back when the MOHTF was where the cool kids hung out....
View Quote

Heh, that went over my head. I only looked at the reply and not who had posted it.  
Link Posted: 7/17/2016 6:34:31 PM EDT
[#24]
*sniff*
I feel so loved...
Seriously guys, I do miss y'all, I miss all the Missouri shooting and deer season. I don't miss Missouri. Remember I used to work in St Louis and that place sucks to hell and back!
I am currently a few miles from the beach in Florida (Sarasota area if any of y'all are in these parts let me know, I know all the kewl places!). I rarely shoot anymore since the ranges here all suck. MDC really does a damn fine job with their ranges and the private ranges are second to none. Sure the boating, fishing, kayaking. windsurfing, jet skiing, are awesome but, well, you get the idea.
If you like watersports this place is great. But we have no winter. That means no hunting season to speak of and we have no idea what a snow shovel is.
BTW, I do keep up with Duke Nukem (Mike B) on face book. He is doing well. He has bounced between jobs for various reasons but he is doing well. A bit angry at the world at times (He has every right to be so). He is enjoying his bunny pets and has a gal that loves him. Mike and I have moved along with our lives and both of us are where we need to be. I sent Mile and IK, maybe he will show up and let y'all know how he is.
Ironically all those shorts and hawaiin shirts I used to wear at the matches are put to good use here.
A little old but still representin'!
</a>" />
" />
More pictures at the link if you are bored enough.
Link Posted: 7/17/2016 7:58:21 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
*sniff*
I feel so loved...
I am currently a few miles from the beach in Florida (Sarasota area if any of y'all are in these parts let me know, I know all the kewl places!).
View Quote

Hopefully I'll be seeing you next year, depending on how fast my house sells when I put it on the market next spring.
Link Posted: 7/17/2016 8:40:21 PM EDT
[#26]
Funny thing is I came across this today, while I'm getting my house ready to sell, also moving to Florida... you know we could get enough people together and start the free state of florida.
Link Posted: 7/17/2016 10:49:58 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Funny thing is I came across this today, while I'm getting my house ready to sell, also moving to Florida... you know we could get enough people together and start the free state of florida.
View Quote

Ive been to FLA
Link Posted: 7/17/2016 11:03:13 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 7/18/2016 8:36:02 AM EDT
[#29]
And it also gets hotter and more humid in St.Louis, than it does in Florida.
Link Posted: 7/18/2016 3:48:59 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
And it also gets hotter and more humid in St.Louis, than it does in Florida.
View Quote

Absolutely correct!
Orlando sucks, gotta be near the water. Couldn't make it to the beach yesterday, too busy playing slap and tickle with my new honey in the pool all evening

But the ranges do suck....
Link Posted: 7/18/2016 9:33:06 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 7/19/2016 10:42:21 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

He was my ccw instructor years and years ago. I also got to shoot my first FA Uzi and MP5 after we finished the class so it's a memory I'll never forget
View Quote

I think I was in that same class
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 11:12:45 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

HA! Probably so. I can't remember who the other members were now...but I know there were a few of us.
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 6:48:31 PM EDT
[#34]
I let him know about this thread but he didn't respond. Last I talked to him he was trying to put much of his life behind him. I am thinking arfcom is part of that.
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 6:55:29 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I let him know about this thread but he didn't respond. Last I talked to him he was trying to put much of his life behind him. I am thinking arfcom is part of that.
View Quote

I think I saw him mention on the Book of Faces that he doesn't remember his password anymore and hasn't bothered to go through the password recovery process.
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 10:23:36 PM EDT
[#36]
Last time I seen duke he was hip deep in pussy with no rope,or ladder in sight!! I used to not like the fucker. Now I can't live without him!!
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 10:58:15 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 11:10:22 PM EDT
[#38]
Hey guys, a couple of people who are still in touch told me I should log in and say hi. I'm doing great, overall. As most of you know I left my wife in August of 2010, almost six years ago now, and decided to live by my own rules. I left a lot of old habits behind and reinvented myself. I've gunsmithed in Colorado, drilled for oil in four states, and even did a stint as a Harley Davidson salesman in Dallas. Somewhere along the way I realized arfcom just wasn't making me a better person. There's so much negativity here, everything sucks, everything used to be better, everything new is stupid, women are horrible, the country is going to shit, blah blah blah. If you hang out long enough on General Discussion you'll eventually realize that the juice isn't worth the squeeze and life just isn't worth living. Well, maybe you guys are resistant to it but when I put garbage into my brain, that's what comes out my mouth, and that's not helpful to myself or anyone around me. If I'm going to be the kind of person I want to be, I have to be careful what I spend my time doing, and this website frankly doesn't make the cut anymore. No offense to you guys, we had some good times back in the day.
So, I'm down in Houston currently, coming up on a year working for Primary Arms, which is a great company that is growing and doing things the right way in the firearms industry. I'm proud of what I do there, somehow I've managed to take my unusual background and skill set and translate it into being a unique member of their team, doing things for them that I truly believe few others can do as well as I can. I do the computer work to set up their weekly sales and specials, I do alot of writing of their product descriptions and the marketing language, and I design the boxes and manuals for the Primary Arms line of optics. (If you buy a new PA scope and can't figure out how to work it, then that's totally my fault! But I've had no complaints so far!) I'm liked and respected and treated like an adult, I work reasonable hours and come home to my girlfriend Rachel, a plump little thing almost young enough to be my daughter. It's an open relationship, I gave monogamy it's chance for a long time and it just didn't suit me, so she and I both have fun friends to visit if we are bored or irked at each other, or just want something different. I really enjoy the sense of adventure I get from vibrant relationships. I sleep in my own bed every night that I want to, which after a couple of years in the oil field is a really big treat. I turn 40 in a couple of weeks, so I've gotten old and fat and grey, but it has it's compensations. I finally had the financial ability to buy my dream car this year, I figured with turning 40 and all I might as well embrace the stereotype and get the Corvette I've always wanted.

It's really nice to know I'm still thought of. I think some of you guys who haven't seen me in years would hardly recognize me now, in terms of my attitude and how I treat people on a daily basis. I was so depressed when I used to post here, so angry all the time, and I still get pissed at the world sometimes, to be sure, but nothing like before. Fortunately, I discovered that I wasn't depressed because there was something inherently wrong with me, I was depressed because my life sucked! So if you get down and seem stuck in a rut, my advice is, stop paying attention to the things that depress you, stop living according to what other people expect, get the fuck out of Missouri and go see what else our country has to offer. The answer is, A LOT!!

Link Posted: 7/24/2016 11:12:16 PM EDT
[#39]
I can't get a pic to host up anymore, I don't know how they are doing that here. So, here's a pic taken last month. I do photography as a hobby and I'm heavily invested in it, it helps me see the beauty in all things and is a great way to convince women to disrobe for you.

http://www.mikebransonconsulting.com/gallery/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=1016

LOL just noticed it still says I'm in Colorado. Anytime any of you guys are down in Houston, just email me at [email protected] and you'll welcome to crash at my house, Rachel and I have a nice little guest bedroom set up. You can't be allergic to bunny rabbits though, we have three of them. I like bunnehs!
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 11:18:57 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I can't get a pic to host up anymore, I don't know how they are doing that here. So, here's a pic taken last month. I do photography as a hobby and I'm heavily invested in it, it helps me see the beauty in all things and is a great way to convince women to disrobe for you.

http://www.mikebransonconsulting.com/gallery/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=1016

LOL just noticed it still says I'm in Colorado. Anytime any of you guys are down in Houston, just email me at [email protected] and you'll welcome to crash at my house, Rachel and I have a nice little guest bedroom set up. You can't be allergic to bunny rabbits though, we have three of them. I like bunnehs!
View Quote

You are living the dream my good man..!!

Glad to see you peek in on us.

My MCA 74's stlll run like a champ!

Link Posted: 7/24/2016 11:26:43 PM EDT
[#41]
That makes me happy that those guns are still out there and working. Did you see the AKOU guys killed an I.O. build in less than 2,000 rounds? Crap metallurgy, it just peened itself to death on the inside. Wow.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 12:05:24 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 2:17:20 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 8:58:33 AM EDT
[#44]
Damn!  Looking good Mike!   Great your doing well.   Any chance you have kept the photo files from Chads shoots?  You had some great shots!
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 7:25:00 PM EDT
[#45]
I still have them all, Vince. Media storage is cheap. I don't revisit the past often, but when I do, those are good memories I enjoy. In my mind you are always grinning and handing the AC556 to another pair of eager hands.

Link Posted: 7/25/2016 8:50:41 PM EDT
[#46]
Yeah;  Always had more fun watching people shoot it.  I loved that shopped photo you did with all the .22 brass flying around.    I've got a 1928 Thompson now too.  That one won't be a public shooter though.
Let me know if you get the old shoot photos together some time.   I'll send you some thumb drives.
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 7:28:25 PM EDT
[#47]

Link Posted: 7/30/2016 6:34:09 PM EDT
[#48]
Hah!  Mike you look good in that pic.  Nice car.
Link Posted: 8/1/2016 12:21:17 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Hah!  Mike you look good in that pic.  Nice car.
View Quote

+1

You'll always be well thought of here Mike.

Stay well.  Stay healthy.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top