Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/23/2016 9:12:14 AM EDT
Wife and I are moving to the STL area next week.

We have a place all set up for us.

Do you have personal property tax on cars? I can't find a yes or no answer on this? If so, how is it calculated and what is the rate? I will be living in St Charles county

Do I have to pay property tax on a rental?

Do I have to pay state income tax on my VA disability?
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 9:28:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

Do you have personal property tax on cars? I can't find a yes or no answer on this? If so, how is it calculated and what is the rate? I will be living in St Charles county  YES if registered in state.

Do I have to pay property tax on a rental? I don't think so

Do I have to pay state income tax on my VA disability?  NO
View Quote

Hopefully someone will come along with more knowledge on the questions I couldn't answer.
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 10:34:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Answers look correct to me. I'm a renter.... No PPT.

Welcome to the state... Unfortunately you picked the bad side of the state
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 12:52:51 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Do you have personal property tax on cars? I can't find a yes or no answer on this? If so, how is it calculated and what is the rate? I will be living in St Charles county

View Quote

Sadly, we do have P.P. tax on Cars, trucks, atvs, trailers, boats, campers, wave runners, atvs, pretty much anything with a title...  Never been real sure how it was actually calculated...

If you mean a rental house, no, the owner will be responsible for that...  

I'm almost sure you will be liable for income tax on disability and S.S. if you would get it...  I think any for of income over say 500.00 a year or so is taxable. **I stand corrected** It appears its not taxable, which I think is a good thing...

You wouldn't be moving to Warrenton would you??? and does she currently work for Larue Tactical???

Either way, welcome to MO and the MOHTF!!!  There are some real good people here...
Ohh also, There is a Non Manned Public range out that way called Reifschneider (Spelling may be off) State park, only goes out too 98 yards unless they changed it...  Also out that way, is Benchrest rifle club, it goes out too 1000 or more...   A good Gun shop is Steele Point Guns in Troy Mo...  They deal in NFA items, good people.

Link Posted: 6/23/2016 12:54:13 PM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Answers look correct to me. I'm a renter.... No PPT.

Welcome to the state... Unfortunately you picked the bad side of the state
View Quote
Yea, Southern Mo, is where its at!!!  

Link Posted: 6/23/2016 9:26:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Welcome!
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 8:21:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 8:51:52 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Sadly, we do have P.P. tax on Cars, trucks, atvs, trailers, boats, campers, wave runners, atvs, pretty much anything with a title...  Never been real sure how it was actually calculated...

I'm almost sure you will be liable for income tax on disability and S.S. if you would get it...  I think any for of income over say 500.00 a year or so is taxable.

You wouldn't be moving to Warrenton would you??? and does she currently work for Larue Tactical???

Either way, welcome to MO and the MOHTF!!!  There are some real good people here...

Ohh also, There is a Non Manned Public range out that way called Reifschneider (Spelling may be off) State park, only goes out too 98 yards unless they changed it...  Also out that way, is Benchrest rifle club, it goes out too 1000 or more...   A good Gun shop is Steele Point Guns in Troy Mo...  They deal in NFA items, good people.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm almost sure you will be liable for income tax on disability and S.S. if you would get it...  I think any for of income over say 500.00 a year or so is taxable.

VA disability is non taxable.
Link Posted: 6/25/2016 4:28:14 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

A helpful pdf:  The Property Tax in Missouri
Link Posted: 6/26/2016 7:20:54 PM EDT
[#9]
No tax on property as a renter, but you are still paying it by proxy.
Link Posted: 6/26/2016 7:46:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Welcome!  If you need anything, post it here.  Lots of good folks in the MOHTF.
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 1:27:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Welcome to Missouri!
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 4:01:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wow, and I thought it would be cheaper to live in MO than IL...  At least you guys have 2nd Amendment freedoms we don't enjoy over here.
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 4:28:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

In each county, on or about the first month each year, the Assessor shall determine the tax rate on all personal property that shall cause the citizenry to take up pitchforks and storm the local Assessor's office.  The Assessor shall then set the tax amount to be equal to that aforementioned amount, less $2.

[R.Mo.87.87.0]
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 9:18:15 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Wow, and I thought it would be cheaper to live in MO than IL...  At least you guys have 2nd Amendment freedoms we don't enjoy over here.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I migrated 10 years ago from illinois . it is cheaper to live in mo . . I have a 2400 sq ft home on 40 acres plus 2 cars , pickup truck , 4 wheeler and motorcycle and my taxes are still cheaper than when I lived in illinois .
by the way welcome from semo.
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 9:37:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

In each county, on or about the first month each year, the Assessor shall determine the tax rate on all personal property that shall cause the citizenry to take up pitchforks and storm the local Assessor's office.  The Assessor shall then set the tax amount to be equal to that aforementioned amount, less $2.

[R.Mo.87.87.0]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

[R.Mo.87.87.0]

I loled.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 3:28:40 AM EDT
[#16]
Welcome to MO, from another STL guy.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 10:50:44 PM EDT
[#17]
Welcome to the best place I've ever lived! If you're ever bored enough to come down to the springfield/Branson area, hit me up.
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 12:21:11 AM EDT
[#18]
Welcome to Missouri.
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 8:01:35 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 6/30/2016 7:09:14 PM EDT
[#20]
Welcome and good-bye.  I'm headed for the Arizona mountains.

Link Posted: 7/3/2016 8:17:22 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Welcome and good-bye.  I'm headed for the Arizona mountains.
View Quote

Please come back in here and post some pictures when you get there!!!  

Take care JC.  Búsqueda de ilegales!  
Link Posted: 7/4/2016 4:01:41 PM EDT
[#22]
Welcome from St. Charles Co.

Hope we can meet someday.

Link Posted: 7/13/2016 10:56:33 PM EDT
[#23]
im in festus ,  welcome
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top