Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/18/2016 7:42:09 PM EDT
We just moved into our new shop, 8000 Square feet, High dock, Mid Dock and a Ramp door. Still need to get some pallet rack in there but here is looking from the Plasma Area back to the FAB shop area in the middle toward the paint booth to the right of frame along with the powder coating area.
To left of frame is the grinding area. you can see the air compressor cage out the middle dock door. Will update with better pics as we progress. We make custom signage, and had 6 execs from a major box store that wants our products in their stores ASAP... None of it would be possible without that plasma table!
Link Posted: 6/18/2016 8:33:06 PM EDT
[#1]
If you ever get into waterjetting, I got work for ya.
Link Posted: 6/18/2016 8:38:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

I'd have to have a LOT of work to justify the expense of a Water Jet...
a CHEAP one is $150k or so for a 4x4 offshore model.
an Amada 6k Laser 5x10 is a half million...

Will probably have a larger Plasma Table first... 5x10...
Gotta get the other fellers organized...
Monday Morning I am finishing up fab on a booth divider for Johnny's tavern Shawnee, and beginning building a couple for another location.
I'll have to load up a sheet of 3/16 plate to cut the third one...

I do want to add some other capabilities eventually with a CNC Machining center probably Haas and a CNC Turning center with bar feeder...
Link Posted: 6/18/2016 8:44:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Looks great!  Glad it's going well for you.
Link Posted: 6/18/2016 8:53:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Looks great!  Glad it's going well for you.
View Quote

We just put out over 190 pieces this week...
I can CAD/CAM/CUT faster than they can be finished!
Link Posted: 6/18/2016 9:12:14 PM EDT
[#5]
cool congrats bud glad its working out.
Link Posted: 6/18/2016 11:41:03 PM EDT
[#6]
That is great new AFSOC.  I like your new place....lots of room to grow.
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 12:12:45 AM EDT
[#7]
Congrats on the new place!  Looks like a sweet setup.
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 10:12:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Congrats that is GREAT.

Our laser cutting guy is starting up his new 6K watt laser this week
Link Posted: 6/26/2016 8:23:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Hello,

I'm in the market for a table , what are you running 4X4 ?

right now i'm at looking at a Lincoln & Plasma Cam

Thanks for any replies

TS2
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 12:52:21 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

View Quote
My brother should have his new waterjet soon. It will be one of the largest in the area I believe with a 100hp pump. It should be able to do about anything you might need.

He just got this Mazak 5 axis palletized horizontal milling center

He can do most designing/machining/welding in house.

Let me know if you need anything and I'll get you in contact with him.
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 7:21:23 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Hello,

Thanks for any replies

TS2
View Quote

Mine is a 5x5 because I was not able to fit a 5x10 in my garage. I built the frame and bought the gantry from Precision Plasma LLC, and Electronics from CandCNC
I will be doing it again quite shortly.... so I will have a 5x10. I would Stay away from Torchmate/Lincoln, and a 4x4 Plasmacam costs twice what my table cost a 4x4 PlasmaCam is 10k, Stay away from Burntables and Eagle as well. if you want to spend some money Star Labs is good but the gantry costs more than my entire table!

Link Posted: 6/30/2016 10:06:11 PM EDT
[#12]
That's really cool that your hard work is paying off.
Link Posted: 6/30/2016 10:29:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Thanks all, Drop by anytime you want Assaulter, we are the Mexican restaurant looking place on Woodswether road...
Link Posted: 7/3/2016 8:26:07 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Mine is a 5x5 because I was not able to fit a 5x10 in my garage. I built the frame and bought the gantry from Precision Plasma LLC, and Electronics from CandCNC
I will be doing it again quite shortly.... so I will have a 5x10. I would Stay away from Torchmate/Lincoln, and a 4x4 Plasmacam costs twice what my table cost a 4x4 PlasmaCam is 10k, Stay away from Burntables and Eagle as well. if you want to spend some money Star Labs is good but the gantry costs more than my entire table!

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hello,

Thanks for any replies

TS2

Do you have first hand on the Torchmate or word of mouth ??
I'm going to purchase a 5X10 for my shop so money wise i have
around 20K to invest .
Thanks for your replies

TS2
Link Posted: 7/4/2016 11:04:04 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

around 20K to invest .
Thanks for your replies

TS2
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hello,

Thanks for any replies

TS2

around 20K to invest .
Thanks for your replies

TS2

From personal experience I replaced a Torchmate 3 with my table, the guy I am cutting for was using a torchmate 3, it had issues that Torchmate/Lincoln couldn't figure out, so he turned to me to cut stuff for him. Many people who have torchmates are having issues and torchmate/Lincoln tech support seems to be somewhat lacking. For 20k you can have one hell of a table... a 5x10 with Plasma/ Router/ Optical Scanner/ Scribe/ Drag knife, functions and even inspection capability with the optics and touch probe. Using MACH3 and SHEETCAM and Stable Designs Scanything software all licensed for well under 10k... it will do everything the others will do except build itself... PlasmaCam has a great reputation their Samson table would be the 5x10 their 4x4 costs 10k and won't do anything except plasma and router... they do not have a scribe function or a scan function. I looked at Torchmate myself early on as well as Burntables, PlasmaCAM, and some others before I took on the task of building the table. There is a learning curve on the thing regardless of build or buy... You will learn a lot of how they operate and how to make them work for you while building it. Also Trouble shooting etc.

But if you insist on buying take a look at Arclight, Dynatorch, TruCut, Wescott, and Star Labs and there are a few others to look at, STAY AWAY from Eagle, Burntables, Lightning is out of business luckily!, Pro Cut and a couple others...
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 10:13:19 AM EDT
[#16]
to your ( continued ) success story !!!
Link Posted: 7/6/2016 11:17:02 AM EDT
[#17]
Nice... I want a plasma table.

I've got a (homebuilt) CNC router that's a lot of fun, and has actually brought in respectable "hobby dollars" cranking out 3D knicknacks and whatnot.  I can see a lot of potential with a plasma table.
Link Posted: 7/6/2016 10:42:03 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I've got a (homebuilt) CNC router that's a lot of fun, and has actually brought in respectable "hobby dollars" cranking out 3D knicknacks and whatnot.  I can see a lot of potential with a plasma table.
View Quote

I can Route, Plasma, Optically Scan, scribe with mine... it can do a LOT...
Link Posted: 7/7/2016 4:05:19 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep, once you have the electromechanics there to move a head of some sort up, down, right, left, forward and backwards, all things are possible.
Link Posted: 7/10/2016 3:52:37 PM EDT
[#20]

Link Posted: 7/14/2016 10:36:51 PM EDT
[#21]
Thought I might share one of our latest works...
Top of Frame is the image provided by the Client
Next is my Render after CAD conversion of the image
finally is the Final Product.

All the finish is powder coated.
Clear on the backer, and Ball, Ink Black and Playboy Blue...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top