Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/14/2016 1:15:28 AM EDT
Any of you ordered though Silencershop and used a ""Silencer Shop Powered Dealer"???

I've not done it and it seems a bit strange...  

I was wanting a certain can and my favorite LGS could not find them in stock at any of their distributors, so I started looking online, called Silencer Shop they said they'd have a few orders inbound each with several hundred cans...  

The guy then asked who I was going to be having do the X-Fer locally.  I told them Cedar Falls Tactical.  They said they are not a ""Powered Dealer" today, but would call them and set everything up...  

I'm thinking OK...  Sure they will... This is going to take months and many calls...  

A week later I was in the shop talking to Ben, he said they had called and everything is set up.  Sweet.

I checked a few mins ago and they had the can I've been wanting in stock, so I bought one...  It seems you have to pay them for the tax stamp now and they write a check to the ATF on your behalf...  

It looks like they'll be sending me a packet that I have too take care of a few minor things on my end, then mail off...

Link Posted: 6/14/2016 8:11:58 AM EDT
[#1]
I've used them and have a can on form 4 now, SUB_MG is a powered dealer up here in KC. I sent them a PDF of my trust along with all my fees and they took care of everything else.
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 9:32:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I sent them a PDF of my trust along with all my fees and they took care of everything else.
View Quote

Same here. They are very helpful too, if you call they answer, if you email, they'll get back to you in a few hours.
FYI; I recently emailed them about their ATF wait times page, the gentleman said it's bugged (shows July of 2015) and they are seeing paper 4s being reviewed mid-late December.
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 12:37:41 PM EDT
[#3]
It was very simple for me. I would have continued buying from them. I was sad they stopped carrying silencerco, so I had to try and find things locally.  Luckily I did, and it ended up being pretty simple too.

It seems that once you buy it they go ahead and submit your paperwork, which should have you g2g for beating 41p. The. They also start the transfer to the dealer. The dealer will get your suppressor and give you a call once they have it. Then once your dealer receives your stamp they will call you that it is ready for pickup.
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 6:06:00 PM EDT
[#4]
yeah i managed to get a silencerco out of them last year on a form 4 individual.  they filled out the form and sent it to me and i did the rest.  5 months later it's ready for p/u at Quick's and since they are Powered By, it was no hassle, no fees, no worry.
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 7:12:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/16/2016 4:45:18 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
They were a great first-time buying experience for me. Made everything really easy.
View Quote

Exactly this. I also used sub_mg as my Powered By dealer.
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 11:23:08 PM EDT
[#7]
They were great to work with for my silencer purchase. Highly reccomend.
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 3:32:34 PM EDT
[#8]
After your purchase, how long did it take to get your form 4 packet that you had to sign and send it???

Link Posted: 6/22/2016 1:30:31 AM EDT
[#9]
I was perusing Silencershop tonight and found SilencerCo to be pretty much nonexistent. I searched in their archived section and found numerous models that are currently produced. Has Silencershop dropped SilencerCo?
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 4:41:18 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

I was perusing Silencershop tonight and found SilencerCo to be pretty much nonexistent. I searched in their archived section and found numerous models that are currently produced. Has Silencershop dropped SilencerCo?
View Quote

Its been months back, but I read on several of the forums that they had some kind of falling out and Silencer Shop was clearing them out and dropping the line...  Never heard the actually details on what/why...

Could have been something as simple as S.S. wanted a much better price than S.C. was willing to give...

To be honest, till that, I always though they were related...  I thought Silencer co developed and made the cans and Silencer Shop was the retail front and distribution...  There Logos even look related...

Link Posted: 6/22/2016 9:43:59 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

They had a big falling out over pricing, a lot of info in this thread.
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_6_20/464323_Eating_Our_Own__How_SilencerCo_is_Undermining_Silencer_Shop_s_Kiosk_Program.html&page=7&anc=4603683#i4603683
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 4:46:26 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Its been months back, but I read on several of the forums that they had some kind of falling out and Silencer Shop was clearing them out and dropping the line...  Never heard the actually details on what/why...

Could have been something as simple as S.S. wanted a much better price than S.C. was willing to give...

To be honest, till that, I always though they were related...  I thought Silencer co developed and made the cans and Silencer Shop was the retail front and distribution...  There Logos even look related...

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Damn, I wish I would've picked up a few cans. I had no idea this happened till I saw your post!

Quoted:
Quoted:

They had a big falling out over pricing, a lot of info in this thread.
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_6_20/464323_Eating_Our_Own__How_SilencerCo_is_Undermining_Silencer_Shop_s_Kiosk_Program.html&page=7&anc=4603683#i4603683

Damn. Thank you both for the info!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top