Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/19/2016 4:58:21 PM EDT
Facebook shut up down.  Someone posted a gun today and they shut it down.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 6:15:16 PM EDT
[#1]
We post guns everyday on the Para Ordnance group... No issues.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 6:35:02 PM EDT
[#2]
They apparently have a no gun sale policy AMD as they find groups that aren't dealers they are shutting them down.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 7:25:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Oh yeah, that is a big no-no.  Basically, you can post guns, and if someone is interested, they kinda hint around at a PM.  But yeah, if you openly try and sell it, bam, the group is gone.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 9:28:40 PM EDT
[#4]
That's exactly what happened.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 9:31:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Gay

We can find a Facebook loophole that should work lol.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 12:42:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Well, if you're wanting to sell on Facebook... Everyone has to know the code for selling.

So you post a gun, and say "look, shiney", which would then either prompt people to comment "nice gun" or PM you asking the price.

I'm on several sub-groups that do that on Facebook, and it works until a n00b shows up and ruins it.  We all then scream "ban him, he's trying to sell guns" so we can save the group.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 8:57:40 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 12:11:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

John Has A Long Mustache.

John Has A Long Mustache

The Chair Is Against The Wall

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
Well, if you're wanting to sell on Facebook... Everyone has to know the code for selling.

So you post a gun, and say "look, shiney", which would then either prompt people to comment "nice gun" or PM you asking the price.

John Has A Long Mustache.

John Has A Long Mustache

Where's the damn like button?  
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 12:31:54 AM EDT
[#9]
Im 99% sure i know the post that did it.
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 9:28:12 AM EDT
[#10]
Most firearms groups I'm in are private and a member has to add you. We don't have a lot of problems, but I know a few that have been shut down.
Link Posted: 4/25/2016 7:48:36 PM EDT
[#11]
I just got a notification for a post in the MOHTFEE. Wtf. Looks like it's still there or back maybe?
Link Posted: 4/25/2016 7:59:52 PM EDT
[#12]
looks to be back for me also.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top